Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    It would be great to have an option to change the HUD transparency, as well as the in-game overlay. It's necessary to see the warnings and penalties but the positions of cars pop up right in the middle of the corner and block 1/3rd of the screen.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Johnny Latebraker

Johnny Latebraker Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Will there be a chance for Multiclass in Singleplayer soon???

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    small thing: reduce the motion blur of "ghost cars" quicker when they fade out, otherwise when you get up really close it can look kinda blurry/heat haze/Klingon cloaking effect

4. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    With the announced realignment of certain classes I've been wondering what the future of the German Nationals class might be? Or will it stay the same unpopular class that it currently seems to be?
    This might be a bad suggestion but what if it was changed to a "Track Day" class or something similar? The class wouldn't necessarily be balanced but it could give S3 the flexibility to add cool cars that don't really belong in any other racing class. Caterham, Ariel, Noble, LFA, and so on.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    1. In helmet driving and look to apex like Race07 but both, in car or in helmet would look to apex be awesome.
    2. Time stamp on replays not just date stamp.
    3. Time, lap, best lap in replay same as when you drive.
    4. Actual driving data, so you can look in replay, where am i slow. sector one, twoo, three... where did I break to early or to late....
    5. And Caster* setting on front suspension arm, high (as +5 to +9) caster value give a very stable car on acceleration and it tend to straighten out by it self after a turn. Low caster ( +2 to +4.5 ) make car more wobly and tale heavy on acceleration and hard breaking but you need to steer out of the turn, Like most cars are now when you over do just litle on the throtle, break litle to hard when not 100% straight or get a easy nudge from another car, your car duck tale wobble for ever.. :p
    Then Caster is not properly aligned.
    6. Same damage amount for the AI 100% as your seting is, if I ram a car my race is over more or less that should be same for the AI I ramed and not see the AI drive of in the horizon like nothing happen. LoL ;)
    7. Night and different wheather and make the light work proper on all cars ( so you can turn it on or off) and so the windshield wiper.

*Caster is adjusted to achieve the self-centering action of steering, which affects the vehicle's straight-line stability. Improper caster settings will cause the driver to move the steering wheel both into and out of each turn, making it difficult to maintain a straight line

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  6. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I want the look to apex as well. I tried getting it up and running using Real head Motion but could never get it work as well as it does in AC or Race 07.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    So now that it seems open wheelers are on the cards please consider ADAC F4 and Fia european F3.Most of the tracks are there or incoming(Spa,Silverstone) so it makes perfect sense to have the two feeder series.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0

Yes Please. I raced enough with Michael Schumacher in GP4 and every other F1 game he was in. It would be awesome to race with Mick in ADAC Formula 4.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
  10. bastoner97

bastoner97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    My suggestion maybe was written before, i don't know... But i would like to reduce the time of online competitions.. One month is too long in my opinion, maybe it could be 2 weeks time, and then the next one

• Like Like x 1
  11. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    the new backfire looks great! but Skid-Blocks like this is must have for the replay!!!!!!

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  12. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    As a major feature, multiclass endurance races would be awesome with proper daytime changes and all. For the AI, multiclass racing would probably mean more work, but nonethelss it would be great feature and complement the nice set of cars that we already have which are fit for endurance races

• Like Like x 2
  13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    With respect, I don't see the appeal, as with F1, it seems like more of a gimmick. For F1, it's supposed to make it look more exciting to attract more viewers, in reality it's nothing but an extra cost for the teams which has nothing to do with racing. For a sim, it'd just take up system resources which could be better used for something else, like weather, open wheel suspension physics modelling or shadow rendering etc.

Of course, that's just my opinion which in the grand scheme of things, means pretty much nothing lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    is an exaggeration of me! it is not a must have for the game. I meant for replay it's nice. also do not know what that would be a hassle. but would be a nice feature for replay and the optics. the image I've just shown so understood is what I mean. in the DTM you see it very often in the videos that run in the background and it just looks cool

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I think I read that @Anthony Monteil will start working on the sound from when the undercarriage of the car hits the track surface, lets hope they will ad some sparks to that sound! (and not only in the replays, but in game as well)

I can see your point, but I really miss this effect from race 07.
    And it don't have to be quite as spectacular as the pictures.

And it's not only with the new DTM cars!

• Like Like x 6
  16. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the problem is that sparks, 1, bounce off things and, 2, they don't clip through surfaces. this means that computing even slightly realistic sparks takes a lot of resources. yes there are easy ways to do it but it could actually have a negative effect on the realism of the game because they have to cut corners to not have massive frame drops every times the car bottoms out.

don't get me wrong I'm not a expert and I'm not saying they cant do it but i think sparks could end up being more of a worry than they are worth.

17. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Agree.

Does anyone still remember the sparks in gMotor games like GTR/2? They didn't take up much resources but looked completely unrealistic. I always had them disabled. Just couldn't look at them. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  18. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Make it nice / realistic, but optional for people with low spec pc's.
    And let us with good Pc's enjoy the sparks, like with all other effects in the game. ;)

Anyway, I feel that the most urgent features to get implemented imo is: (preferably in the next patch)

Mandatory pit stops
    Would also be nice if we got rid of the AI control in the pits, keep the ghost cars, but let us do the driving ourselves as in Race 07!

Random time of day option
    So we don't have to race a whole championship in the same mod!

AI aggression slider
    You took the AI one step forward what goes for clean driving and braking, but it took two steps back when it comes to thrilling battles!
    I liked the AI much better before the last update..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
  19. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    This might have been brought up before, but:
    Would be nice if we could get the race monitor working in races as well!
    If we have to break or crash out, we might still want to stay in the server and watch till finish.

Also a spectator option for all multiplayer races would be cool!!
    Sometimes it can be fun just to watch other drivers race! (Or if we missed a planned race start or that the grid size was full before we could enter, we can just jump in and at least be able to watch it)
    Could also be a number showing how many people watching the race.
    Would probably be beneficial for leagues and such.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I'm chewing on a suggestion for Official Competitions like Virtual DTM Championship/Spring Cup cause I like the current ones not at all. (too "elitist" for my taste and too community unfriendly in result- ) Also @Sector3 would have the resources for :
    Lets say 4-6 reserved servers for competiton mode finals (Final Races) means 96/144 players (Top 100- Top 150) have a chance to gain a place at Final Races. Competiton runs for three days. Track is announced prior to start of competition directly. Either those three days are for Qualifying to enter the Online race (which is announced after Qualy results) or you have two days to qualy and the last one for the actual race.
    Qualifying:Only One shot at all, four laps (In/outlap two counting laps - if you suck you suck :) ) The short-time announcement is to prevent that the drivers can hotlap like hell privately (which would go along with conditions in realworld racing). So that you have 2-3 days to practise to set the best hotlap you can, wheneever you want within those two or three days . In Qualy mode there is no green racing line which isn't also in realworld competitions :). Those 96 to 144 drivers who successfully qualified do their final races along with the ladder (on reserved servers),which would ensure there is a fair competition based on the qualifying results.

• Like Like x 4