News Physics Update - Engine maps & Energy recovery

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    I'm guessing there are still issues since the update? been unable to get in or stay in the game long enough to grab the new stuff, still seems to suffer with any update with RR always have issue with it.

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Maintenance isn't officially over yet.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's not even in it, but the point that triples are now handled within the game rather than with startup arguments means customisation can be made more easily. I'm not clever enough to know ins and outs but the way triples and single screens are handled means that while it's an easy implementation for a single screen it wasn't possible on the triples. Once the new menus are stable in their current form I guess more features can be added.

4. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    How do you opt into the new UI?

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It's supposed to be secret, but it isn't, but I can't tell you either.

6. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Is it really? If so its a terribly kept secret as @Georg Ortner himself linked a video where its shown how to get the new ui :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    We still under maintenance?

8. ajopp1

ajopp1 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    it seems so,i have managed to log in once after a few attempts and actually owned all content in the game even though i only bought the starter pack a few days ago :D i'm sure it's just a bug and will be resolved as soon as maintenance is over

9. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Was able to figure it out ;)

10. Mark Pearson

Mark Pearson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After the update, the cars are undrivable on my Fanatec DD2. The accelerator pedal is vibrating, there is virtually no FFB and the car wanders all over the track, steering as it likes :(

11. Holmberg

Holmberg Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    have you checked your settings? Mine was changed after the update, both graphics and other settings

12. smokey_rs250

smokey_rs250 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Was able to go in a few hours ago, update was not all done yet I guess as lots of waiting times and few errors but was able to try the IDR. FFB felt as normal.

13. Mark Pearson

Mark Pearson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I even went back to standard settings - I then switch from running the 2016 Audi TT at the Hockenheimring to the 2015 version turned down the wheel slip setting to get rid of the vibrations and the 2015 drives fine, jumping back into the 2016 I get the wandering steering, very light, etc. Maybe it is something to do with the car's own setup file "interfereing" with the new update.... hmmmm

14. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like you're still using an old setup with the '16 car. The physics files loaded for each season are the very same ones, so there should be zero differences as you swap years.

15. Mark Pearson

Mark Pearson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi Alex, yes, seems it was something to do with this - I deleted the "old" setup file and I've got pretty much back to the old feel - the FFB does feel somewhat different - shall take another look tomorrow.

16. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the heads up.

17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Hey Bull, the new UI has a good triples set up page instead of the Steam launch parametes. I managed to "fudge" my numbers using the test page and got my seat position near enough to pass. It's not correct to my set up but at least it gets my head positioned so I only have my simhub dash in front of the in game car dash.
    May be worth having a go at the new UI also for you.
    Use -webmenu launch parameter and remover your -triscr 6773828839277w9 (random) and set it in the new menu.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Cool thanks, will give it a go this week. I have a 2 weeks vacation so time to play some RaceRoom.