Problem HUGE Performance Hit After December Update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Georgeagea, Dec 28, 2020.

1. KRodrig1

KRodrig1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    So here’s a long shot in the dark at something. Given that the other two somewhat comparable sims are not having the same issues right? Have you double checked your nVidia settings to ensure there is no limiting profile assigned to R3E?
    I also had this happen to me before where I inexplicably ended up with an nVidia gaming profile assigned to the RRRE.exe process with lower power settings and clock speeds on the GPU side.
    If there are any profiles, delete them. You should be able to do this via nVidia Inspector. The sims have advanced enough today that their in house settings are enough to drive the game.
    I’m on mobile today but am going to mull through the info you posted above to see if there might be anything I’m overlooking.
    I encourage others to chime in here especially if you’ve had performance issues you’ve been able to resolve.

Thanks.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Georgeagea

Georgeagea Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    @KRodrig1

First, let me thank you again and again.

Second, I downloaded nVidia Inspector but it seems it no longer included profiles expector so I had to download them as a seperate app from here https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases

Third, I launched that app and I don't understand a single bit how it works. I discovered that I could choose a game in the top left and couldn't find raceroom or raceroom racing experience but rather race room, but it noticed that the exe mentioned is mss32.exe, not RRRE.exe or RRRE64.exe.
    Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG
    What to do now?! Thanks :)

3. Georgeagea

Georgeagea Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    As an additional test, I disabled nvidia surround and the 2 side screens, so now my PC runs on a central 16:9 1080p monitor.
    Launched into RRE and the result was exactly the same. Nothing changed. So it's not nvidia surroud or the triple screen configuration. It's something to do with the game itself, gpu, drivers, pc, configuration, D3D9, etc... not sure what though :(

4. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Can you attach the file I asked for a few posts back (graphics options xml)

5. Georgeagea

Georgeagea Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I can of course, thanks mate.
    The problem is that i keep deleting that whole SimBin folder each time i wanna give it another shot, or when I change a major setting.
    Do you want any file? Or a specific one (like after setting up advanced POV in-game running -webmenu)?

6. kosletten

kosletten New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have you checked that these two items in the Nvidia control panel 3D settings are set for Maximum and High?
    Manage3D.jpg Manage3Dq.jpg

7. KRodrig1

KRodrig1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I’m still brainstorming here. Just before new year.

What is your PC power settings at? Which profile?

I’m still going through my notes on issues I’ve experienced in the past. I know that we will get to the bottom of this.

• Like Like x 1
  8. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Deinstall Afterburner and Rivatuner and try. You can see FPS counter with steam overlay.
    It's a try. You will be not the first having trouble with those both on R3E.

But please note: you have to uninstall both and reboot to check. Only closing the apps won't work.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. Georgeagea

Georgeagea Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Of course mate they are.
    They were like that since I got the PC and remain the same. RRE was working great until the latest update.

10. Georgeagea

Georgeagea Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Maximum performance mate (or whatever it's called). CPU at full clocks all the time and GPU at max performance too.

Thanks for caring man as this isn't a sim I wanna give up on.

11. Georgeagea

Georgeagea Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    The thing is that I've always used those two and RRE was working great. Do you think something was introduced after the last update?
    I'm willing to give your suggestion a shot. Prefer to lose those 2 apps than losing RRE.
    (As a side note those apps not only help for fps, but troubleshooting, checking any bottleneck, resources usage, and provide me with fps when it's not possible (like Epic games store games, origin's battlefields etc...))

12. Georgeagea

Georgeagea Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Oh and I've also turned off Vsync from within Nvidia control panel (despite it being off in-game).
    Also disabled Nvidia overlay and GE force experience or whatever it's called.
    None of these 2 trials gave any good result.

13. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Uninstalling those two is definitely worth a shot.

14. Georgeagea

Georgeagea Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL.
    Thanks @FormelLMS . It was MSI afterburner and RivaTuner! Uninstalled them and now the game runs great!

Thanks again everyone for your help and care!

Happy new year everyone! ❣️

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. KRodrig1

KRodrig1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    LOL. Are you kidding me? It was as simple as that? Okay, we’ll send you the tech support bill via PM. LOL

Happy new year to all.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. Georgeagea

Georgeagea Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Crazy, right?! :)
    I already closed them (like right click, quit, in the bottom right tray) so I assumed they were totally closed, and that's how it appeared as they disappeared completely from the tray. For some reason it seems they weren't. Besides, they never caused me any issues in the other sims so I assumed it's definitely not that!
    Thanks again man for your help and kindness!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    3rd party apps are often the culprits of such seemingly unexplainable issues. I recently had an issue with Asus Sonic Radar causing SimHub to mess up, was so happy when I figured it out.

Happy new year and happy gaming everyone! Really glad you got to the bottom of this.

• Like Like x 2
  18. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Hey fantastic. Glad, it helps.
    Happy new year and happy racing now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I've been having this issue since the update before last, some days I get 130fps the next it's in the 20's, some tracks it's in the 100's, some the 30's.
    I've found in Task Manager that on occasions, RRRE.exe and one Web Browser is running and at other times up to 3 Web Browsers are running but apart from that I have no 3rd party software running or even installed, no otterhud, nowt, it matters not if I run antialiasing off or at 8X the framerate sucks, pretty sure it's an nVidia thing but can I for the life of me run down what is going on, no consistency, just seems to decide to be an arse. I'm running a similar triple setup as @Georgeagea above but I'm running at 60hz and my i7 is an older gen. This has been hampering me for what seems like an age and to top it off the dreaded Thrustmaster wheel problem has hit with a vengeance, so I have 2 game threatening issues with RR yet get none of this at all with my other Sims, Hmmm, is it nVidia or is it RR?

20. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Yours is a weird one for sure, what with the FPS and the USB stuff going on. In your position I'd be very tempted to clone my system drive and then boot from the clone and reset it to a clean windows install. It's a ball ache for sure, but it would rule out so many unknowns. I can't help but think there is something on your system causing all this but I couldn't say what. Even if it didn't work you've still got your original drive so nothing lost apart from a few hours....