Problem HUGE Performance Hit After December Update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Georgeagea, Dec 28, 2020.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Yep, sort of agree but only did a wipe 9 months ago and only use the PC for driving AND this issue started post an update, don't ask which, as I'm old and forge, a lot but think it was the last large one, with the physics update, in fact I think it was around the same time as the Wheel issues started. Now I've been using that USBDview to maintain the bug, what I have noticed is two of the rogue devices that keeps appearing is TM Ferrari 458 racing wheel, which I've never owned and a generic Thrustmaster racing wheel, almost as though either something is mis-reporting its ID or something is not reading the Ferrari F1 wheel (I am using) ID correctly.
    Driving me mad, had good fps yesterday but kept getting punted off track by the wheel bug and today no wheel bug but crappy low fps, so frustrating, guess its wipey, wipe week. :(

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I've seen somewhere that someone had an issue where if there was a controller that wasn't assigned in game it could cause FPS problems. Given that your system seems to think you have some controllers connected that aren't, I'd guess the FPS and control issues are linked somehow. I'm guessing you mean the big update from Dec 2019? Not sure how that would cause this but you never know.... I feel like if you can get to grips with this USB issue then the other part would be fixed too. Frustrating.

3. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    We tried this early last year, there was a bit of a debate about borderless/windowed/Full, did help a couple out if I Remember correctly (which will be a first), I'm using nVidia hardware, a GTX1080, i7, 32gb ram. The bummer is on occasions I'm getting 170fps, so I know the system is capable. What I have noticed through a bit of digging, my cpu is running at sub 20%, yet my gpu is stuck on 100%, which doesn't sit right as I always thought RR was cpu reliant (Single core). Gonna try something out in a bit, will report back.