Tripple screen thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paul heijmans, Feb 2, 2015.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I'm running 1080x5760 on an i5-4690k and an R9 290x. Many tracks I can run on high, maybe turn a couple things down as a preference for things being smoother, but certain tracks will become unplayable at certain points unless you turn the track details down (seems to be a bug) going down to single digit FPS. But as a whole it runs always runs smoothly on medium, sometimes on high.

Does anyone know if this game responds well to crossfire?

2. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    No Xfire or Sli support is my understanding.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Hey please lookup what Kunos do with triple screen. They create a app who you are can ingame adjust very well your setup. I have played today rre and i find that the performance is very bad, with full hd i have very low fps. Then i start ac this game runs very good and i'm surprised how good it work, fullhd and stable 50fps with my GTX 770 just turn down the smoke generation and post aa. I think that triple screen support is important for a "simgame" because thats no more game who a triple setup is more important then simracing.....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, but I doubt you are able to run AC on triples in a similar quality with higher fps than R3E... AC is way more demanding without adding much/anything to the visuals. True, there are some issues on a few tracks, where the fps drops a bit.
    I'm running R3E on 4K (single screen) nearly maxed out at around 60 fps, while for AC I must go down to FullHD if I don't want to lower the settings to minimum...
    Indeed a proper triple support is still missing, but the devs are on it.
    The only thing I can imagine my comparison is lacking, that on triples more objects needs to be calculated, which might have a bigger impact than to quadruplicate the resolution. And you need to run higher AA levels for nice visuals (2x AA with MFA is fine for me).
    But in any case a GTX 770 with just 2GB is the bottleneck when running triples...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. paul heijmans

paul heijmans Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Im running a gtx 770 also with tripples but rre runs butter smooth over here , maybe lower the shadows a bit .

6. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    After reading this post I went back and had another look at my game running triples. I was quite shocked to read that S3 have no triple support as I am quite happy with mine. Infact the game looks far better and with smoother game play than rfactor2.

7. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    having 3 screen support (read separate rendering to each) allows you to have proper FOV. It won't look stretched and weird especially looking further ahead. It seems I get cross-eyed or something. But it'll have a bit of performance impact since you do have to render 3 screens independently and not one big frame.

8. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    After the latest AC update AC runs better on triples (frame-rate wise) than R3E for me - single GTX 980, i7, 5860x1080. I can get R3E to run well (solid 60 FPS) if I turn off shadows and turn down reflections, most everything else max. I can accept the stretched side screen views in R3E but triples do look a lot better in AC and rFactor 2 (I'm not talking graphics quality). Even with triples I sometimes cannot see the side mirrors in R3E unless I move my POV way back (unrealistic).
    With that said, I prefer racing and content of R3E - but we are talking triple screen support.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I run a GTX770 with triples too, but I bought the 4GB version specifically so it could handle the resolution.

10. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I was happy with it but looking at it again I notice the stretching of the side screens and agree it needs attention from S3. I need to adjust my FOV but that will move the side mirrors off screens. Please S3 give this some attention.

11. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Can someone post there config with an gtx 770 2Gb version?

12. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    With an GTX 980 you need to set down some settings? Wow :(

I want to buy a gtx 970 in september to run my triple screen with max settings but after your post im confused....maybe im wait for the next graphics card generation.

13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    There is a known "issue" with shadows, the 980 GPU should be fine though, it'll probably be fixed before long just something on the optimization side (hopefully). Most people (even on high end cards) tend to run with shadows off for smoother frame rates.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your quick answere! GTX 980 is to expensive for me maybe when the ti version is out that other cards get more cheap ...

15. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Your 970 should be more than up to it as well, I'm looking into getting the MSI version at the moment, it scores very highly in benchmarks on high res, multi-screen. Have you tried turning shadows off (particularly split-shadows)?

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    To add some info to this thread for triple screen users, i did get xfire working with 2 r9 290x's...posted in another thread too. Most tracks are silky smooth on high, but the problematic tracks are still rough on high.

Example: sonoma was unplayable near the pits before, now it is playable...maybe 10-15 fps minimum vs slide show before. Again only at certain parts of track...most of track is smooth.

But either way R3E still has too many xfire issues to run it all the time. Prefer one card on medium settings until xfire is sorted.

On the other hand, ETS 2 is glorious in xfire!!!

17. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any updated on triple screen support? :)

18. Tarik Userli

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I have bought the r290x 8gb and it run good on 3x fullhd. Just turn down shadows to middle.

50fps average

19. robrace

robrace New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    I am running a triple monitor setup with a combined resoultion of 6012x1080 using a single 970GTX 4Gb card with 6Gb of ram. At Monza using most visual settings on 'High' with the exception of 'SMAA' being 'off' and 'Shader Quality' on 'medium' which in my case are fps killers, I am getting around 60-70fps with my favourite Gr 5 cars.
    I would say that after the last 2 updates, Race Room is the more complete than the other 2 new generation sims.

20. Steve Adams

Steve Adams Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    More complete when it comes to triple screen support? I don't agree at all.

AC, iRacing and LFS has complete triple screen support. Raceroom and Pcars has only basic triple screen support with awful stretched images on the side screens.