Problem Slow performance after few mins on track

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Rmbonk86, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Hey all -

Jumped on today to join a MP ranked race. While in practice, i was booted cause of " high ping" But thats never happened. I have 50Mb connection and no other devices on the network were using the internet. The when i first joined the game ran like normal. at 60+ fps. Then all of a sudden, it looked like it froze for a split second and then ran like it was at 2 fps.. even though afterburner in the corner of the screen was telling me 60+. system specs are below. Later on in the day i jumped back on in practice mode to make a set up for a car and the exact same thing happened again while offline. Was on track for a few minutes and then started doing this really slow performance movement like its running 2 fps. I restarted my pc and tried again and was good for the first few laps ( all of this was at monza w/ 911 cup car) and started again. Even exiting the race and going to a different car and track does the same thing.

2. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't have anything to do with high pings.

What your system specs.
    Maybe your PC runs hot or a bad video driver or overclocking.
    Try without afterburner.

3. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    There was something definitely wrong last night for me too - circuits loaded slowly, kept getting 'error 524', and sometimes frozen and had to ctrl alt del and start game again. Something to do with the internet connection, maybe a storm somewhere?
    Anyway, it seems ok this morning.

4. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    System hardware is listed in signature. The only thing that is over clocked is the Cpu. The last time I ran Raceroom was like a week ago and it didn’t happen then. This only was happening playing Raceroom.
    Temps are never go above 50c.

i uninstalled and reinstalled the game ,will check later to see if it fixed it

5. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I noticed long loading times as well. Close to 5 mins before getting to track

6. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Ran a long practice session after reinstall and seems ok now. Maybe something was off with a file.

7. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Still doing it, im wondering if crew chief is possibly causing it? that's the only thing that has had an update lately. Anyone else experiencing this ?

8. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    So did some researching, found a thread on here from about 2 years ago.
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/massive-stutters-that-dont-show-up-in-rtss.13643/
    Which points to riva tuner which runs along side afterburner. Earlier I tested the game with no other 3rd party apps. No issue. Then turned on afterburner and didn’t expect it to start cause I didn’t think that was this issue but it stutter came back with in the first 10 mins of gameplay. Found another update that I discovered which was a windows update. Version 21H1 was an optional update but I never chose to install it however I think it pushed on its own. Says it was installed on the 8/3 which lines up around before I last played. I’m wondering if that caused riva tuner to mess with the game. I’ve used after burner for a while now during Raceroom and never had this happen before.

Looking forward to anyone’s thoughts. Just weird how it came out of nowhere. I haven’t made any other changes