Pit to car radio app available - work in progress

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    They are already in the app. It tells you when you receive a penalty and which kind (drivethrough, stopngo...) and it will tell you how many laps you've got left to serve it. It will also tell you you have to box in the last lap before dq. And if you ignore all this it'll let you know that you've been dq'ed. ;)
    You can have a look at the sounds folder, open the penalties subfolder and you'll get the idea of what it will tell you and when.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the bug report Ernie. I thought I'd fixed that, but clearly I haven't.

Still working on the next version which will include a simple spotter. It doesn't know which side the other car's on (so just stuff like 'hold you line' and 'clear'), and has some limitations regarding interrupting other messages (so should only be used as a guide) but it does work

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Think this is a bug.. Yesterday had 2 x 30min race and when my fuel was on 82% i received a message, "halfway there on your fuel, you'll need to pit".. Both races got this message..

Otherwise spot on! I even answer you when you say something :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Hahaha I do too. I normally will reply "thank you" or "ok" then look around the room and only see the animals looking rather confused.

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I was doing some WTCC the other day, started at the back, I was constantly being told I could do better even though I was setting quickest laps and overtaking... Apex and Exits....almost every lap... I was gonna respond with 'yeah, yeah leave me alone etc..

Brilliant though. Steady on spotter stuff, or I'll be responding with "don't talk to me on the corners" Lewis.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Righty, version 1.9 contains such a massive amount of new stuff that finding the time to test it is quite hard. I've reached the point where I'd like to release it so you guys can take a look, but I do expect there to be some bugs.

The general messages and stuff should be working well, with some fixes and additions over 1.8.x. The spotter stuff is still quite immature. It appears to work well but there are edges cases that can trip it up and sometimes the data coming from the game are a bit weird.

I'd appreciate some testing help here - if anyone's feeling brave and curious, here's the latest version:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4KQS820QNFbeGt2a2t6NVdiS1E/view?usp=sharing
    The spotter functionality can be switched off by editing CrewChief.exe.config and setting enable_spotter to false.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Koopman

Koopman Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Awesome Mr.Belowski! :)

Downloading it right now and i will test it tonight!

8. opelman

opelman Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Tested 1.9. The spotter do not tell is the car front or behind you. Or i think so.

9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Its only supposed to say when a car is along side, not in front or behind

10. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Hey maan, lovin ya work .. but the spotter ain't for me. It did my head in in iRacing. I guess the main problem for me is the starts of races, when there is a lot going or when you are multiple over taking...the spotter is constantly talking to you..personal thing maybe, but I'd be telling my crew chief to be quiet while I get the race started..

would it be possible to chill him out at the start??

again brilliant though..and sounding great too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Its disabled for the first 10s or so, I was going to disable it for the first minute or lap (which ever is shorter) but I forgot.

I can make that configurable

• Like Like x 1
  12. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Cool man, how about less frequency too.

13. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    You mean the "still there" message?

14. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Well each time you do an overtake, we get the spotter. He maybe doesn't need to come on every time..

15. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Know what you mean... Maybe I could make it an option so it only starts spotting after a couple of seconds or so of overlap, or make it only work when the other car starts off behind you?

16. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    maybe only activate it for opponents that were "away" for longer, then come close. That is when it's more of a surprise to the driver and it could avoid the driving in bulk situations?

17. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Trouble with that is that I only have the time delta in front and behind, and current speed. Inferring what the other cars are up to and how crowded the track is just isn't possible.

And I think if you're going to switch it on, you'd expect it to tell you if the guy youve been dicing with pulls along side

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    good point, well next r3e update maybe brings more info... at some point we will have it at last.

19. Exxon

Exxon Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Mr. Belowski I think it is fantastic that now a spotter this is the one says whether a car is next to you. I've been waiting perfectly thank.
    Class and thanks for the great app.:)

• Like Like x 1
  20. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Guys, I've externalised some of the spotter configuration so you can tweak it if you want. See Spotter.cs for comments on what the properties do (the properties themselves are in CrewChief.config.exe). The current configuration disables the spotter until 60 seconds of the race have elapsed (race starts are messy things...).

These updates have been uploaded to the same link.

I'm going to test more and when I think it's working reasonably well I'll release it properly as version 1.9, and add the full change log to the start of this thread

• Like Like x 2