Problem DLC

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Richards, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Richards

Richards New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    DLC not working

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    you need to explain better : if your trying to purchase stuff . steam overlay needs to be on

as for dlc , there isnt anything to dl , its already ingame

Andi

3. Richards

Richards New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I purchased the premium pack from Steam and it shows as downloaded and installed on Steam but in the game I still only have the basic free game. I have tried all I know, overlays, reinstalling and so on but without success.

4. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    can you send a link to that premium pack/the thing you bought?

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    as far as im aware the premium pack isnt available on steam
    can you give more details
    Andi

6. Richards

Richards New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is the purchase on Steam.

Attached Files:

7. Richards

Richards New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Also when you apply for a refund they refuse to do so. They say that I have played over 2 hours after the purchase. The content was not even accessible in the game and the hours that I did play was before the purchase. I have not played the game since the purchase, the only time I spent on it was trying to get the content to be available without success.

8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    How are you able to add it to cart if you already bought it? Plus. £85???? The premium pack in game is less than that and you get all the content, the steam DLC just gives you some....

9. Richards

Richards New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This is the purchase on Steam.

Attached Files:

10. Richards

Richards New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was just showing the process on Steam when you add it to your cart to purchase. I added it to my cart on Steam on the date shown and then purchased it.

11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    What I see is that you have bought all the DLC sold on Steam. This is not the premium pack, I´ll explain that later. If the purchases have gone through then you should be able to drive on those cars and tracks that are included in the DLC e.g you can drive the Audi DTM92 from the DTM92 DLC on the Nurburgring from the ring legends DLC.

You can´t normally get a steam refund on DLC content if you have played the game - not the DLC, for more than 2 hours since buying the DLC, which is true, right? I guess being logged in counts as playing. As RRE is free to play then there is no refund on that either.

Steam refund policy

https://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/?snr=

Refunds on Downloadable Content
    (Steam store content usable within another game or software application, "DLC")

DLC purchased from the Steam store is refundable within fourteen days of purchase, and if the underlying title has been played for less than two hours since the DLC was purchased, so long as the DLC has not been consumed, modified or transferred. Please note that in some cases, Steam will be unable to give refunds for some third party DLC (for example, if the DLC irreversibly levels up a game character). These exceptions will be clearly marked as nonrefundable on the Store page prior to purchase.

Back to the premium pack.

The premium pack containing all cars and tracks in the game can only be bought from the raceroom store.
    https://game.raceroom.com/store/

You buy it from the above link and can pay using steam funds. When you buy it, all that happens is the content is added to the game and you can´t buy that pack from the raceroom store again but the actual game doesn´t change.

Confusing? Totally, but that´s how it is. You could contest the steam decision explaining you haven´t used the DLC and it was a mistaken purchase for a free game you had played prior but no guarantees they will rule in your favour.

If you do contest it then don´t log into the game again until theyy reply as they will count that as game use.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  12. Richards

Richards New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The hours shown on my playing time was before the purchase on the free game, I am aware of their policy that if you play for longer than 2 hours you are not entitled to a refund. Since purchasing the DLC from Steam I did not play the game when I saw the content was not available in the game. The only time I logged into the game after the purchase was to try to get the DLC to be downloaded and working. The time spent in the game trying to get it to work was maybe 30 minutes in total and this includes logging in and out about 10 times at various times.

13. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    So question is, can steam reverse any changes it made on r3e account? Revoke license etc? There's no info about refund eligibility on dlc pages, therefore they should be eligible

14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'm forwarding this to the devs, let's see if they can resolve this without red tape.
    Hang in there @Richards, I'll get back in touch once I heard back about how this will be handled or who you should contact.

15. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    At the end of the day, if the DLC doesn't work, surely Steam has to fix or refund!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    From what I can see both all the DLC and the premium pack are unlocked for you.

17. Richards

Richards New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Kitsune for answering and to all the other people from Raceroom who have done the same to try and help me. Yes all the content is showing now because yesterday I added more funds to my Steam account and purchased it from the Raceroom (premium pack) in game store and not on the Steam website. If I had known from the start to do it this way I would have. My issue with Steam is still ongoing and whether I get a refund from them or not is another thing. Once again thank you and I appreciate all the help. I did the repurchase this way and now because I don't know how long it will take to resolve this with Steam.

18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Great and good luck with the refund, hopefully they will see sense as they are still getting their cut from the premium pack too.

IMO the Steam DLC makes no sense as it is old and duplicated content and just confuses people.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Richards

Richards New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Vale and if that is the case with Steam they should sort it out, how many other people has it happened to and they just give up with it. It could also give Raceroom a bad name through this and you could lose potential clients. The way it is on Steams website a person purchases all the DLC they offer for £85.00 and think that it is the full premium pack which it is not, and on top of that it does not even download or work properly. Then when you apply for a refund they refuse you saying that you have exceeded the playing time of 2 hours (which I did not). It is very confusing but now I at least know the procedure for future purposes on the Raceroom store.

20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    And we haven´t even mentioned the elephant in the room of paying with VRP and not steam wallet! If you intend to spend more on the game in the future, it´s a good idea to know how that works and also to be aware you cannot rebuy the premium pack so any new content has to be bought separately.