Problem DLC

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Richards, Feb 2, 2022.

1. Richards

Richards New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes thanks Vale I understand what you are saying about the VRP and any new content. I used to play a bit of Raceroom in 2013 and have mainly been on Assetto Corsa, on recomendation by someone I only recently tried Raceroom again and am very impressed by it.

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    It can be confusing, but it also gives a unique opportunity to buy Raceroom content for regional prices. Even if just on sale, some of these packs are worth considering (if you aren't going to buy the premium pack).

3. Richards

Richards New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok after all this I understand what is happening, but for any new member to Raceroom and they purchase it from Steam they will also have the same issue as I did and also be confused.It is nothing Raceroom can do or be responsible for what Steam do or how they convey it on their website. Anybody purchasing it from Steam would think buying all the packs they offer would be the premium pack as seen on Raceroom but it is not. I am sure I am not the first victim this has happened to and won’t be the last either. Steam should be more clear on exactly what they are offering and that it is not the full content of the game. I am 61 years old and have been around the block a few times and yet as much as you check and be careful to try to avoid these things happening it still happens.

4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Not necessarily. Whatever happened to your purchase is not a common case.

I think Raceroom can do something to make it a bit more clear, like adding a section in the game description saying that these DLCs are only a part of what the game has to offer.

5. Richards

Richards New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes that would help many people understand it and it is less expensive by far purchasing it on the Raceroom store .

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Well, depends on what you're comparing to what. If someone wants to get all the content, then Steam DLCs are not an option anyway because they don't have all the content. But if someone's only interested in some content, then, like I said, Steam DLCs can be a good deal.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I overlooked the regional pricing and sales aspects. Still, you are going to find yourself limited to single player mode due to most of the DLC being unpopular older items. I didn´t realise some games have several hundred slots of DLC so if they wanted to they could transfer the whole shop onto there but then there would be no use for VRP so that would open a new can of worms.

I agree with @Richards it´s an easy mistake to make as the majority of games and all the racing ones I can think of apart from Iracing only sell official DLC on Steam. The casual player who doesn´t go on forums or discord or click on the shop link in game to see what happens can get caught out.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2022
  8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Not really, since some of the DLCs have various European tracks. Also there are cars that are used online too, like Audi TT and classic cars.

They could still sell them on both stores, like they do now.