Question No forces under braking

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by nolive721, Jan 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    You're asking them to threshold brake based on line noise? There is no signal there to be felt.

2. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'm claiming there is, but it's faint, and it can be seen on the FFB meter. If you're insensitive, using gloves and holding very tightly, or using smoothing (interpolation) or way too little FFB strength, you might not feel it.

In ABS cars, I just slam the brakes. In cars with no ABS, I have zero issues threshold braking competitively without practice and without sound.

With that said, I wouldn't mind them adding a possibility to add another canned effect. I won't use canned effects since they're just distracting to me, but if others find them useful it's great!

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The only brake feedback is a very small about of brake disc wobble. If you want grip information, or lock ups and such you need shakers or vibration motors. It was a design decision not to add these effects into FFB. I doubt that's going to change now.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I got a Fanatec wheel with vibration motors, but the lockup and wheel spin options in Fanalab aren't available in Raceroom. Is that something that's even sent telemetry wise from Raceroom? Or have Fanatec simply not implemented it?

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I don't know how fanatec stuff works but all the information is there and available to use. I have it through simhub. @Andi Goodwin may be able to help you re fanatec

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    My fanatec rim motors work through fanalabs but as my wheel and rim are old as dirt , i dont get all options , but even on my wheel you can get all the info needed

Andi

• Like Like x 1