Question No forces under braking

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by nolive721, Jan 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

Not really , the ffb was redesigned ground up to give pure steering forces , the last three sliders in the ingame ffb , are the only tweaks available , as for the rest of the information it is there in the telemetry.
    I had to hunt around for what i wanted and luckily for me i could use fanalabs to bring back what i wanted .
    So what can be done , as i said there are some options , adding vibration through telemetry to your set up is one of them.

I dont have any instant solutions , but hope you find one

Andi

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I've got heusinkveld pedals. The vibrations are coming from a very cheap shaker bolted underneath them and running via simhub.

Those extra effects you mention were added because people moaned enough at the time. I can't see any extra effects being added this far down the line.

3. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Ok considering the push back messages we are getting it’s better to leave the discussion here then

But I don’t see people having moaned to get these canned effect’s implemented but rather expressed their feedback to devs in order to make this Sim better for a wider audience who don’t have time or money to go the hardware tuning or upgrade route

it’s disappointing because I am still convinced this would have required a minimal effort to get this feature in the Game

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Ok I am not giving up easily so I did some further testing when time permitted this week(little....)

I am starting to think there is an impact from Brake calibration and settings on this lack of feel.

My pedals are the CSL Elite Gen1 and I have modded the brake pedal putting a piece of thin rubber (0.5mm) underneath the stock foam block that Fanatec has put there by design to provide some sort of resistance under braking and this worked actually surprisingly well for the little effort involved in all the Sims I play.
    It gives some more progressivity effect, not a level of a load cell obviously but a nice touch really and sharing this with other Simracers on forums they also confirmed the positive effect there

upload_2022-1-22_7-28-18.png

Now what I did is to play with advanced settinsg in Game. by default my control set put lower and upper deadzone for the brakes at 100%
    I moved both to 0% and what's happening now is that I get vibration in the wheel on braking and the little shake when the car fully stops
    but ONLY if I progressively apply force on the brake pedal, if I do a heavy braking I would get nothing at all

Problem is that I might be doing settings wrong, happy to be educated if so, but also the frustrating part in RRE is that there is no wheel/pedal calibration screen available, at least to the best of my knowledge
    I recall at the time of latest FFB update in one of the build seeing a Wizard option in the control set screen but it was quickly removed by the devs.

so again, I would be more than happy to be educated at how to properly do my InGame settings to finally get access to a logical, IRL realistic feel of brake rumble in one of my fav Sim

thanks in advance

Attached Files:

5. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Anyone with good understanding of pedals input in RRE that could comment here?

unfortunately I found that on the new fanatec drivers you still can not set max min input of pedals if they are connected to PC via the CS USB adaptor so really hoping sector3 would give us this feature in Game more clearly accessible
    Thanks in advance

6. DavideVR

DavideVR New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I confirm what you say, I have a podium dd2 and I have no feedback during braking both with cars with abs and with cars without abs. To be honest, this new force feddback is a step behind the old one. I would have invested time and money if he had been up to other simulators.

• Like Like x 1
  7. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    What do you need the feedback for? Is it only for immersion, despite being a canned effect?

I feel everything I need to feel on a Fanatec DD. Just make sure you have NDP Off and INT Off, since those settings lower acceleration and detail.

I might like wheel spin and lockup feedback, but I'm not sure I'd like those sensations in my wheel. I guess that's what those butt shakers are for, and audio cues in general.

A big share of the reason why I play this game only is because of the excellent FFB. AC/ACC and others would be a huge step back for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom's current FFB falls in the camp I would call "realistic and nice-feeling but not really useful for driving". No brake feel, little front tyre grip differentiation (just a constant cornering force), no information about rear slip, no road feel whatsoever. Certainly closer to ACC right now than rF2/AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DavideVR

DavideVR New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Here we talk that there is no brake feel.
    Then if it's fine for you so we are all happy, but the fact remains that there are no brake ffb.

10. DavideVR

DavideVR New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes also ffd for loss of grip (longitudinal and lateral) is totally absent.

11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    No its definately there, and my brake pedal also vibrates on locking etc

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Agree entirely. I feel braking as well as everything the front tyres are doing. I feel the rear letting go as well. There's no problem balancing on the edge of grip during braking without abs or accelerating out of corners with powerful RWD and no TC. It's much easier and more intuitive than in any other game I've tried.

To me it sounds like peoples ffb is either clipping or they have generally poor settings.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. DavideVR

DavideVR New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I use the podium dd2 and in all the other major simulators the braking and wheel slip ffd works very well. Only in this one I don't feel anything

14. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Have you set the following?

Fanatec tuning menu:
    - All standard
    - FFB 50-100 (preference)
    - INT Off (not needed with this high refresh rate FFB)
    - NDP Off (lowers acceleration, but there's no oscillation with this FFB so it's not needed)

In-game:
    - All standard (make sure linearity is 100)
    - FFB strength 50 (avoids clipping, and then you don't have to fiddle with FFB multiplier - just reset it)

If you still don't feel anything, what does the FFB meter look like during these moments? Is it totally flat at the bottom or is there some kind of signal?
    On my CSL DD, as soon there's the slightest signal I can feel it. During braking, slipping or whatever, there's signal. Only during straight line spin or total brake lock up it's dead (since the front tyres aren't affected I guess).

When I'm braking with no ABS, I'm just as good with no sound. As soon as the wheel goes totally dead, that means lock up. During braking there's some kind of organic/dynamic rumble, nothing artificial.

15. DavideVR

DavideVR New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I must verify.
    Tonight i try these settings.
    The car I am using is the BMW M235i

Thanks

16. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Great! Let us know how it feels.
    The BMW M235i has excellent feedback for me. You should be able to run with TC 0% for more rotation out of corners. But to be able to do that, the FFB must be excellent.
    If you're doing ranked racing, T1 at Suzuka is a good test. If you can dive into that corner with slight oversteer and transition into acceleration with slight oversteer again, your FFB is good (as well as your skill).

17. DavideVR

DavideVR New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

18. DavideVR

DavideVR New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have adjusted everything but nothing. the force feedback signal remains at 0 when I brake. I would also like to post a video here but it gives me an error.

OK i posted on youtube, so you can see https://youtube.com/shorts/1LD9n1emXAk

As you see I did a 100% break on the straight, so without other forces interfering and how you can see the signal is at zero.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
  19. hugotwowheels

hugotwowheels Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    But with cars where feedback during straight line braking really matters, like any of the formula cars, still nothing?

There's slight bumpiness just above the signal floor in your video, you don't feel that? Are you holding the wheel loosely without gloves?

With the BMW, during hard braking and slight turning, you do feel where the limit is?

20. DavideVR

DavideVR New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I ve Just demonstred that there is no signal on braking. I dont know what else say.

• Agree Agree x 1