How much would you be willing to pay to help fund a DX12/Vulcan Graphical upgrade?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Feb 13, 2022.

Tags:
?

If accountability would be in place, how much would you invest to have a graphical upgrade?

1. $5

2.7%
  2. $15

13.5%
  3. $25

12.2%
  4. $50

24.3%
  5. $100

9.5%
  6. $0

37.8%
  1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I believe I’m one of them. It does not run as smooth as it did before. And I can’t go higher than 60fps as my screens cannot produce more fps. I have good screens but meant for DTP not for gaming. :eek: To bad I never thought of that before I bought them. You get wiser from experience they say:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I must have been lucky then because it was as simple as ever and just worked. Is it a GPU this that is causing crashes and non starts?

• Like Like x 1
  3. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    At least for me with an GTX 1060 6GB I believe its just the old driver that is the cause of the non-start.
    Because I have seen 2 guys with the same card telling how much better frame rate they got - without problems.
    I think I saw one of them on Steam using it for an older shooting game (or something :D).

4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I do not see crashes but a lot FPS losses.

5. Amir_Pomen68

Amir_Pomen68 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Only night-daytime cycle as well as dynamic weather dry/wet rain race condition...

All other "beauty factor" of graphic i dont really care

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    while the motivation of the thread-starter is understandable and well meaning, polls like that are a bit too much day dreaming. If the funds were there (i.e. the game had enough people playing and paying, the owner has interest in growth etc.) there wouldn't be a need for crowd-funding and the appropriate investments would have been done / communicated etc., and if the community is too small the amount of money required (high six figures) cannot realistically be raised, as the market of existing sims is too crowded for one title to find that many backers now. This is all about how much money the owner of s3s, KW, is willing to pump into it, and looking how the game's tech is at least a decade old now, one can draw conclusions. There is always a possibility of change of mind by the owner, but well...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't mind Sector3 developing a Raceroom 2 title and leaving the current Raceroom active. So I vote $0.

8. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    "KW Studios is about to enter an exciting new phase. With renewed backing we’re looking to expand our team and take advantage of the next-generation engines that can deliver the ultimate in virtual racing experiences."

From main page...one can only guess how long it will take but new engine is coming.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    If they are not dumb, they would sell it as a completely new product.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    That has a downside as well. They'd probably have to acquire all the licenses again for a new product.

11. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I don’t know. But they can sell the stuff again and pay the people for their work.

12. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    They can sell it all right to all the new crowd once they update their engine, and without paying for the licenses again. There are plenty of simracers who don't own everything - or anything - in Raceroom who will be appealed to invest in it after it updates its visuals. And on top of that they will avoid all the backlash that will surely ensue if they abandon the platform that their current playerbase invested in so far. I would see going with a completely new product as pretty risky - both financially and image-wise.

13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    VR also?

14. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    1) A new product attracts more attention than an update to an existing one.
    2) I don't think there would be a big hit to KW's image if they stop updating a would-be 10+ years old game and instead release a new one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. But a big update attracts a lot of attention as well in such a tight niche like simracing, without costing nearly as much.
    There could be, considering they're still selling new content - including updates of old content, like Indianapolis - while promising a lot of exciting new stuff coming up. If Raceroom was basically in maintenance mode, it would have been a different story.

Not to mention KW was developing a new game already - GTR3 - and look how that turned out.

16. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    A new game isn't coming out tomorrow, I guess there's a lot of time to release the last good stuff and enter a maintenance mode.

But it was a new, completely different studio. Sector3 might be more successful at that.

17. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    They should make the game stable now. So many people quit there league races here because of some seit that doesn’t get fixed since…. ages. It’s horrible.

18. WhippyWhip

WhippyWhip New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i'd be happy with just realistic dash displays in the cars at this point (this is a big reason i stopped buying so many cars), then go from there, rain is another one RR is falling behind on

19. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    It should be possible to add a new DX11 like ETS2/ATS.
    You may want to jump up to DX12 rather than DX11
    Better performance and better gaming.

You already have enough content
    Now is the time to make a big power-up.

I know the "dark ages" when R3E was "still unfinished" and spent over a year adding new content
    (Everyone here knows that)
    I can wait one years for R3E to be better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2023
  20. mclaren777

mclaren777 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you about Reiza making the wrong choice. AMS2 is the only sim I own that I regret buying.

But I don't see any reason for KW Studios to merge/port anything to the rF2 platform. I would love RaceRoom to perform better. If it utilized our CPUs more effectively, I'm guessing the devs could add more details (geometry, shaders, lighting, etc). I'm properly worried that we will someday lose MSAA from this platform. I hate all of the FXAA/TAA/etc that other sims are forced to use. I think it would be a real shame if RaceRoom went down that route.

• Disagree Disagree x 1