Question vRP

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Ceram, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Sebbl

Sebbl Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I heard from quite a few people already, that they avoid RRRE or have gone for another sim because of the complicated sale model of RRRE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I think you misunderstand.
    I don't want to get rid off the vrp system or discounts..
    Just making it clearer and easier to find, make good deals and purchase!
    S3S need to make it easier and more attractive for newcomer.
    And we really need to get more people into this great game, and one of the things most people are unhappy with is the pricing and sales model.

3. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    How can it be much easier and attractive than a Free to play game ?

I really don't think the issue for having new players is about the vrp system. Sure you'll always find someone to dislike it and maybe use this as a excuse for not playing. But as you can play and deeply test the game for free, I much prefer to think that players who use vrp as an excuse will not play it either way... If you like it the vrp system is really not a barrier so high to pass.. really not.

There are other game with much more player that are really much difficult and complexe to enter in, I'm thinking about iracing for ex.
    And other game you'll need to pay 50$/€ at least before you'll even know you're going to like it or not. If people can get through the not so complex vrp system then I don't think they have they're place on the game.

4. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    When it comes to f2p though, that they should get rid of!!
    I think that is the number one thing that gives this title it's bad rep!

Even I avoided it for years before I stumbled upon a video on youtube and thought I give it a go.. .
    Hate f2p games, and never look twice at them on steam.

And this isn't really a f2p in the way people looking for f2p games look at it, it's a modular game with some free content and contests.

5. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I really wonder why a few people have such big problems with it. You buy a virtual currency (vRP) like in many other games, and then you can spend it for R3E content. It's definitively no rocket science.
    It's just as simple as recharging your prepaid card of your mobile phone, or buying a steam card to add money to your steam wallet.

The only thing which is good to know is the approximate exchange rate from your national currency to vRP. At a rough guess you get 100vRP for about 1$ or 1€. Simple calculation then.

6. Ceram

Ceram New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hahaha, Im too old school-ish in marketing approach? Actually Im still 100% active in business and learning young adepts the hard path in life. You cant get too old when it comes to marketing since experience tells you people never change in their behavior.
    The discussion regarding vRP started in my local community where a lot of simmers driving AC, iRacing and Pcars skipped RRRE because of the F2P look-a-like. Even when they admitted the sim was good. They just did not like the vRP pricing! Also the experience more than one year ago made simmers go away.
    Of course RRRE are tied to Steam policy and conditions, but what we as the market can do is to suggest and give feedback to S3.
    And I really not see this as complaining. A good rule is to listen to the market and act accordingly.

And guys, Im not adressing you. You're in the system and familiar with how it works. This is about the potential simmers not here yet. Why is there only around 350-400 in average per day playing RRRE compared to other sims that have thousands? Consider that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0

8. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    actually they can buy content with real currency thru thear steam wallet, so where is the problem?

9. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Maybe should Sector3 go on the iracing way.
    Have a monthly fee to gain access to the game. R3E will not be F2P anymore and everyone will be happy to pay more and more...
    If I look to the success of iracing, this should be the only way to go as some Sims racer seems to not be able to consider a game only because it is F2P.

My guess is that there's no problem with the business model of R3E,the issue is more about some Sim racing community that need to be a little bit more "eye opened" on the world.
    You know what? I don't miss those people... I let them playing iracing as long as they want.
    I don't need thousands of player to enjoy R3E...

Maybe, those who criticize the lack of player in R3E should be more about promoting it (if they really like it) into their community.

10. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I guess you are being ironic about iRacing subscription system, cause that's their biggest flaw.

The problem with that this wonderful sim gets so low attention, is that S3S is getting less money than they deserve.
    And getting requested licenses cost money, a lot of money.
    Less players = less money for S3S = S3S getting it harder to obtain new cool stuff = less players will choose this over other games.. .
    It can get to be a downward spiral, thats why we and S3S needs to get more players in!

I mostly play against the AI my self, but I do like the MP in R3E.
    But that's not as fun with only a couple of other players, most fun races and chances of good battles are the ones with full grids!

S3S / Simbin made som big mistakes early on with this title!
    It was released at least a couple of years to early, along with some other issues.

They have made it much better over this year I have been playing R3E, both with the pricing and more leaning against selling packs, and the game itself.
    But more still needs to be done, cause not as many new players as would have been expected are turning up and staying.. .

And just for my part:
    I own all content in R3E, and I spent about $30 on the steam summer sale, and all on R3E DLC.
    Which I then gifted to non R3E playing friends.

But just being a fan boy and saying all is good when it's not, isn't doing anybody any good!
    Not for S3S that will think all is good, and not for us that won't be getting what we really want.
    That R3E will be the best sim on the market!

11. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Never said "all is good" ... Don't get me wrong.
    But I'm pretty sure the business model and vrp existence is not the main thing going against the title.

As you say:
    I totally agree on this.
    The game lost a lot of hype back in the day.
    Will they have release it with the same objectives as today things would have been different.
    There were lots of expectations around a gtr2 successor... And many player were disappointed.
    During this time games like asseto or pcars came in the field... Or other like GSCe get better and better. Even iracing get big updates while simbin were in trouble.

Thing is that, there never was such competition is Sim racing world as today's.
    And things I learned is that Sim racers are hard to move when they're dedicated to a title (I think the "worst" for this a iracing players.)
    F2P and Vrp are an easy excuse for those who don't want to move around. They may be legitimate, everyone can have it's own criteria, but only idiots don't change there mind. Look at you, you said yourself don't even wanted to consider it, and now you seem fully dedicated on it. You were able to pass through the "issue", why other couldn't too?

I'll tell, I myself have criteria that prevent me playing other game.
    For example I really like GSCe but I can't see anymore it's GUI. So I don't play it anymore. I backed on the indigogo campaign as they announced a reworked GUI... Can't wait!
    Other example : I used a 3 mount free code for testing iracing, but stopped almost immediately when I discovered their real name policy. It's against what I'm expecting about an online gaming. So I'll never give a shoot until they modify this policy.
    You can find any excuse when it comes to play/like or not a game.. But looking after each of them to try to satisfy any player is not the solution.

At this time it's mainly a matter of making a good promotion of the game, and I think the best way to do so is to encourage people participating on league races
    On a other board we have plenty of player that really like asseto but they play it only when the little League of the board is running, otherwise there's even less player than in R3E. And it's surely not a F2P/vrp thing...

Edit : one last thing.
    One of the online game most played today is a F2P game, AKA league of legends. Just to say that F2P is not (by itself) a issue when it come to bring lot's of gamers.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  12. Ceram

Ceram New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  13. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I think majuh explained it pretty well over there. Liveries are added to the price of the pack.