Question vRP

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Ceram, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Ceram

Ceram New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I may be blind, but where in the Store (both ingame and offline) can I buy vRP?
    Shouldn't it appear a link first of all when visiting the Store? I got an email telling me what discounts I can get at different levels but do I really have to go via my email to buy vRP?

2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    The cheapest place to buy vrp is at http:www.raceroomstore.com As far as I know, thats the only place where you can buy VRP beforehand. As far as I know, the only time Steam gets involved is to add money to your account to purchase the vRP needed at the time to get what you'd like.

• Like Like x 1
  3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    We could buy vrp bulks in the store before, but they took that away / moved it to here: http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_de/vrp for some reason.. .
    S3S you should really bring this back to the store!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Do you really want to pay more for the same thing ?

Being outside the store means being outside steam market. And as everything you buy on steam, there's a % going on valve pockets.
    So buying Vrp on the game store, will be more expensive than from the raceroom store.

5. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I meant buying vrp's from http://game.raceroom.com/store/ as we could before.
    Not on steam..

6. Ceram

Ceram New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi, thanks for answer.

Yes I know it pops up when buying stuff. And so far I have paid with euro. But the question is why there's no clear and visual link for buing vRP when visiting the Store. As I said, it should be the first thing you see when visiting the Store.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ceram

Ceram New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well, why not have a link to http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_de/vrp inside Store? If you are at the RaceRoom website outside Steam and go to Store you should be able to find it up in the menu. Make it easy to shop, Sector 3!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Its against steam policy to advertise alternative stores/payments methods inside the game/portal.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    But if you put back the bundle purchase on the store we could use steam wallet to buy as we did before.
    And have the same bundles and discounts as on http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp

You can still keep the other vrp shop, cause I don't mind.
    And it's a good way if we wants to gift vrps to friends!

But for new players sake, it might take a good while before they get a notion of this shop..
    And I don't think that's profitable for either you or your new customers in the long run. (do to that many complaints against R3E is the pricing, and this is a good way to make a great deal)

10. Ceram

Ceram New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I didn't know http://game.raceroom.com/store/ is inside Steam. Interesting. Still, when purchasing from Store, ingame - I can choose alternatives how to pay. Either euro or vRP. So why not have a link ingame to vRP before I get there? That way I can fill up my account with vRP's.

With all that said - the idea in my opinion with vRP are unnecessary complicated. Today I have to make a lot of clicks and log ins which make it confusing for new simmers. For new simmers it's a problem to understand the prices and also to find where to buy vRP. Skip vRP and you will get more spontaneous sales. Believe me, I've been in marketing and online sales as part owner for decades.

11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Wowwww...
    So you've been in online sales before ebay, amazon and google existed? Kudos sir.

12. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Guys, I don't get your issue there.

You have two way to buy content in Raceroom:
    1. Directly from the game through steam (CB, Steam wallet). You'll be charge the exact amount of vrp needed for your purchase => you don't have to think about how many vrp you need to buy, you don't need to do anything more than validate the purchase on steam. And you know how many it cost you in your currency. If you want something simple it will be hard to do more simple than that.
    2. By buying some vrp in advance on the shop, fill your raceroom account by redeem the code. It's only one step sometimes to buy some VRP. After that you can buy your content in 2 clics as long as you own enough vrp. And it's cheaper !

There's no point for this.
    Why would you buy a bunch of vrp on steam while you can purchase the content directly at the exact amount of vrp/€uro needed ? You'll only pay more for the thing.
    The raceroom shop only allow you to have vrp cheaper than you would via steam, it's great for engaged player who buy a lot of content. This kind of player will be quickly aware for the existence of the store (reading this forum or another). Casual/new player will use the direct method on steam.. there's no hurt here.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    The point is that many don't know about http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp
    Especially not new players, and many get put off when things get "complicated".
    And thats a problem, because they are missing out on a good deal making the game cheeper.

This might result in lower sales for S3S and that's not good for anybody..
    When I was new to this game we could buy bundle vrp on http://game.raceroom.com/store/

Why should new players that don't search or read around be punished??
    And when they do find out that they had been able to buy a lots of vrps cheeper, this can also be something that puts them off from buying content in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ceram

Ceram New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi Christian and thank you for the quick answer.
    Of course I should have explained a little better who I am. It's nice to know each other better here on the forum.
    I'm 66 years old, and started work with marketing and sales directly after my military services 1969. In the mid 70's I got my degree in economics and marketing at the university. I've mostly been in Direct Marketing as project mgr at ad agencies and as a product mgr at a global US based company.
    My son and I started in a rather small scale online sales in office supplies in the beginning of 2000 and it has now grown with many employees. So Christian, you are of course right. It's only 1,5 decades in online business.
    I can also add that I've been simracing since the days before GPL and also have been a rather frequent visitor to IRL races all over Europe. Racing is my hobby.
    My point with the topic is that RRRE is too good to be hindered by a bit strange way of selling content to the game. The way from product to customer should be as simple as possible. Believe me :).

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    and why we that search and read around should be punished because of those people that don't search or read around?
    the answer of dev is quite clear, it's a steam policy matter

16. Ceram

Ceram New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Quote from my post above: "Today I have to make a lot of clicks and log ins which make it confusing for new simmers. For new simmers it's a problem to understand the prices and also to find where to buy vRP."

To Oppolo: In what way are you punished because of people not searching around?

17. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    :)
    Really shouldn't have taken my comment too serious, I'm a pedantic, nitpicking, wise-ass German. :rolleyes:

But even if it's only 1,5 decades, my comment wasn't all sarcasm, honest kudos for your achievements.
    We've already had some discussions about vRP and of course nobody of us knows all the ins and outs of how and why it is used.

In my understanding one point making them neccessary are the competitions that grant prizes. I think that, at least in some countries, it wouldn't be possible/legal to hand out real money as a prize but as this is intended, using a virtual currency is the only/safest workaround.
    There are several other reasons I guess.

Not a huge fan of the vRP system tbh, but I think when considering all the details of how the business side of R3E works there's no better sollution. But I second each request for making it more transparent and easy to use, it is quite difficult to get into and alienates the custom user, I agree.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  18. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Sorry dude but when it's come to buy something on the internet it's always the same thing:
    Either you're not searching at all and you pay the MSRP for everything
    Either you're one looking for reduction, best value, good deal and you find them.

There's no "black internet" here. Raceroom store is not something hidden that only real hardcore player can reach, you can find the info on every board talking about Raceroom.

At this time S3 is tight by the Steam marketplace policy as said above. There's no way for them to give the vrp deal other that using a shop they can't advertise in the game.

So what ? Should Sector3 get out of steam ? Not sure it's the best solution for newcommers ;)
    And if they get totally rid of vrp you'll only be able to purchase through steam and the good deal of buying vrp on the raceroom shop will be gone.
    The virtual monay is just the only way to allow in-game purchase on a steam game with the ability to buy the vrp outside steam at a better price.

But I'm sure that if you came with a better solution they will listen to it. So go on ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    People are now pretty aware of in-game purchase.
    They do it every day on they smartphone on Apple store , Google play store and Steam market or simili on there computer.
    2 more clics doesn't stop someone to buy, and everything is pretty clear once you reach the steam purchase page.
    Every steam user know it, every steam user is aware on in-game steam purchase... And as R3E is a Steam only game, I don't see anything wrong here about "discovery" of the buying purchase.

Maybe are you a little bit to "old school" in your approche of marketing ;)

20. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0