News DTM 2015 Virtual Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 11, 2015.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Ere, I'm afraid your evidence is tainted as I watched the race live and you were blinking like a goodun, no way it's anyone's fault other than the server side connection or your individual connection, definitely NOT the other driver so get over it. It is irrelevant how well you connect to other games, all using different exchanges and equipment, either of which could be conflicting with your kit. Move on. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Goose there is more than to have a good connection. As u said every system is different u have also the fact that programs in the backround can destroy the game flow. Like having a AntiVit programm, a driver or another program which is in the backround. These are sources which can make the connection worst in R3E. So maybe in other simulation the havent got a relevance but every simulation is working on another way. On Some simulations Win10 works very well on other simulations u cannot drive with that. So there are several sources for a bad connection inside the game and it not always depends on the internet connection u have it depends on the whole system.

3. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
  4. harry damen

harry damen Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Good luck to all the drivers and i hope we will have a clean and fair race this evening:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. LSRTV

LSRTV Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Don't forget to interact with the twitter feed at #virtualDTM

6. Deni Kremer

Deni Kremer Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Good luck to all and easy the first 3-4 turns, the last time in Moscow was total chaos :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
  8. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    And we have the first ViP of the Championship. Welcome Bruno Spengler! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sascha Brandenburg

Sascha Brandenburg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Sorry that the Track Preview didnt worked well inside the Stream but for those who are interested in it here is the YouTube Video :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jackthelad

Jackthelad Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I will ge the negatives out of the way so I finish with good news :).

Made one small mistake which cost me two places, got back up to P2 and was slowly catching Davide when I got a huge timing glitch at the line, dropped me back to 6th, losing 8 seconds and that was pretty much it, got a podium but I was driving angry which is not the way to do it. On the plus side, the car was great, was certainly good enough to win but just did not have any luck. Grats to Davide and Bence for 1st and 2nd. Great to see Bruno Spengler on, this is why I want to do these races, real guys on takes things to a new level for me - onwards and upwards.....

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  11. Davide Toccaceli

Davide Toccaceli Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I think my bad luck is finished, or that's what I hope :) Quali was quite good but nothing special, a decent lap can I say. In the race I had a great start, and after that concentration and try to push as hard as I could but avoiding slow downs, which are here very easy to get. It wasn't easier even if I had some seconds gap, the possibility to relax too much could be dangerous..
    Anyway grats to everyone, to the guys on the podium and also to all the other drivers :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dirk Knatz

Dirk Knatz Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Gratulation to all racers and champagne to the Podium.
    A big thank for Bruno ( sorry for turning you around in practice ) to be part of the race. Maybe talk about at the Nürburgring race end of September.
    I am really happy to finish on pos 9.
    KEEP RACIN

• Like Like x 3
  13. bastoner97

bastoner97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, good evening everyone, grats to Davide, Bence i'm really happy for him and also to Jack.
    Coming down to my race, i made a 27.1 in quali, my best ever lap here, i was really happy, but i started like Mark Webber and i lost 2 position ( at the end just 1 because of Heinemann problem). After 2 amazing first laps, somebody touched me from behind in turn 2 and i was relegated to P11. I made a great battle with @Moritz Löhner (why did you make me pass? It was great fun! Thanks anyway :D) and i managed to get P8, in 2 laps i closed the gap to @harry damen but he disconnect, i'm so sorry for you mate, i know how "it hurts" i don't know how to express in english.
    So P7 with 5 seconds from Jan, i managed to make my best race pace while recovering him, i made every lap the same time, i was really happy with my driving, i closed the gap and Klaus had a slow down so it became an amazing fight for 5th. I almost pass Jan, i thought so like 2-3 times but he managed to shut the door on me everytime, 2 laps to go and i made a small mistake and that was it P7.

BRUNO SPENGLER OMG, i love you Raceroom team

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  14. harry damen

harry damen Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Congrat's to the podium!!;)
    Had a decent quali 9th and did the same time as in TT so i was pretty happy with that:)
    My start was also good didn't want to take the first corner too aggressive and go a little wide to stay out of trouble:confused:
    Manage to stay 9th and was following a group of 5 i think and get a little gap at my rear:p
    There where some mistakes in the battle in front of me and i go too 7th place:D
    Did stabile laps untill some things go crazy:mad: first with the timers of the gap's then i've got some glitchy moment's,really disturbing under braking and try too get the apex!
    I saw Fiduci(if i'm correct) closing quickly and new that on the long straight with DRS he was closing in:eek:
    So i was watching my mirror and stay left for a defensive line and then he begon to flikker and jumping over the place,
    oooohhhh sh@t the only thing i could do was go too the right side and just keep my line!
    About 400 mtrs for the last corner i've got a disconnect:(
    So i'm pretty dissapointed about the disco but really enjoined being there with Bruno Spengler:cool: and you guy's and competing with the fastest guy's in RR.
    I also understand that multiplayer is in alpha stage and that this kind of things can happen,it also happen in RL;)
    So last but not least i want to thank Bruno Spengler, the organisation and RR for this great oppurtunity and maybe till next round:p

Greetzz and cu all at the track Harry

15. Howie

Howie Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Race out of my view:

Started good into the race, made some positions and leaded a pack of several cars. Fiduci (@bastoner97 ) was right behind me, way faster than me. It was a nice fight but we lost too much time while fighting. I let you pass because I thought you would close the gab to the two guys in front of us and I can catch up too. ;)
    But someone spun from these two guys and I had to brake hard. Dirk passed me and Bruno aswell (8:10 in the video).
    In the middle of the race I was the whole time 8th till the last 6 minutes. I was in a hard fight with Barknecht but he hit me and I spun. Barknecht was a sportsman and let me pass again (25:08). Finished 10th and grabbed one point in my last Championship race.

• Like Like x 2
  17. harry damen

harry damen Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    The race in my point of view;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. RaceRoom

RaceRoom game.raceroom.com Developer

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 0 / -0
    Race is now up on Youtube:

Stream got disconnected just before the end. Sorry about that.

Furthermore we had a look at the start crash, and decided not to take any actions.
    The reason being that Tim Heinemann was serving a slow-down Penalty, and Jack Keithley had no time to react.
    It was an unfortunate situation, but certainly not an intentional crash.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Upload the end part too. You can put the two Videos in the YouTube Editor together and then we have the full race up on YouTube! ;)

What about other incidents? Minute 24:40. In my eyes complete unfair for Windschatten.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Bence Bánki

Bence Bánki Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Wow, it was a great race! My best perfomance so far by a mile. :)
    The qualy was okay once again, it was impossible to fight the guys in TOP 5. so P7 was alright.
    The start was great, and I profited from the collision in T1. I gained a position in T3, and one lap later I was in P2 , because Jack had recieved a slow-down and Willy had made a mistake while accelerating. They soon started to close the gap and I was under enormous pressure. Meanwhile Davide built a comfortable gap in the lead, he was clearly faster than me and deserved the win without a doubt. So I had to defend very hard, because the guys behind me were 2-3 tenths a lap faster if not more. Fortunately Willy dropped back around lap 7 (maybe Jack forced him into a spin? I dunno), and Jack had some trouble too, so I survived for a while. In the latter part of the race, I was under attack from Willy once again. My objective was to hold him up until Jack arrived. Actually he did arrive, but they went into each other. It's a pity, because it could've been a great fight. So I finished second after a lucky race and a lot of prayers of course! :D Congratulations to everyone, especially to Davide, Jack and Willy! You were magnificent!
    It was my last race this season (I attend school in a town far away, so I won't be at home on Mondays), and fortunately I finished it high. Good luck for you guys! See you next year!

• Like Like x 3