Drift Pack or Expereince

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DriftMachine, Sep 9, 2015.

?

If a drift experience based on a real life event existed for RaceRoom would you buy it?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see a set of drift cars sold as a pack, or just one car sold individually.
    As long as a BMW is in there, I can care less about the rest. We already got 2 e30s, but its probably the easiest since its already made, just needs some tweaks to be a true drifter. Basically the main thing to do is, enable the hand brake, allow for some extended settings in the caster camber and steering lock, and to set those defaults best suited for drifting.

A few examples: The BMW E36, and e30, Toyota Corolla AE86, Honda S200, Nissan 370z 350z and 200sx 240sx, Toyota Supra, Mazda RX7, Chevy Camaro.

If they are to go the experience route then maybe some sort of drift footage counter that rewards racers based on points. I wrote a formula some time ago. I not sure how it went, but basically something like this.
    slide distance x angle x speed x position in race.

My primary goal here is not for an experience, (though it would be nice), but rather to get some cars that have a hydraulic hand brake. Then maybe later they can add an experience.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  2. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Voted maybe, because there are a lot of racecars I would like to see before S3S looks into drifting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Voted no I could care less about drifting.

edited to add
    Huge waste of time in Assetto Corsa, and practically ruined Dirt 3

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    It's a no for me too. Lots of important race-related stuff needs to be done first IMO

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Who's hating on you? I disagree with the idea of a drift pack, but unlike you I didn't click the big old "disagree button" You start a new thread for every idea you have instead of adding them to current threads and then get upset when others don't agree with you

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Arrrggghhhh.... this isn't because we hate you, it's because we *don't happen to agree with you on this particular point*. Why ask the question if two thirds of possible the answers upset you so much? Most R3E players are into racing, not drifting. If drifting were in the game I wouldn't be interested in playing the drifting bits. It takes time, effort, and money to implement. I'd rather this were spent on game features that I personally would prefer.

It doesn't make your opinion or desires invalid, it doesn't mean I don't like you for having them or making suggestions, it just means we don't agree on something.

The extent to which you take this forum personally and become offended at the slightest thing is, frankly, weird and tiresome

• Agree Agree x 9
  7. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Jesus, I don't understand how you can hate your life because others disagree with you. If you find everyone unfriendly it might have to do more with you than anyone else...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Blimey fella, I don't think you need polls and 'likes' and virtual hydraulic handbrakes, but maybe actual real-life help? We're not bad people, but this is the internet where manners and treading-carefully-around-upset-folks haven't been invented yet

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Don't take everything so personally. You set up a poll and got an answer. It's not something this particular community wants, simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    This would be the very last thing I would buy. I would be depressed if Sector 3 wasted their valuable time on drifting. Better off asking the makes of Need for Speed for a "Sim Mode"

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Lee-h

Lee-h New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I voted yes because i'm mad on all motor racing the more variety the better.:D

12. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I would be happy if they just fixed what they broke a few years ago.
    Or just sell me another e30 where the HB works, and call it a drift car. I already got 2 of them and about $200 into this game so far whats another $5 for one more car.

The issue is every sim racing community claims to be uninterested in drifting. I have no place to go, but real life. My license already has too many points. Plus right now my drift car is dead because it was vandalized again. These Daytona rednecks hate imports Even if they are German.

13. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Sure I can understand that you want to use your customised handbrake.
    But it's not really that hard to drift in raceroom using weight transfer.
    And if you go out on the hill climbs you have your handbrake working.

14. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Play Gran Turismo and use Comfort tyres, you'll be drifting in no time. ;)

This is 'race'room 'racing' experience fella...I don't think drifting will happen anytime soon...... But....

Looks like there's a gap in the market though dude... Get developing and you can get a new car or two.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Please dont take this as people dislike you.

However, I am sorry to say that drifting does not resonate with me. It is just a content that I dont want to play. I never enjoyed drifting in Grid, Shift, AC, Dirt or any other game. It is difficult to do a Formula D format style race with a decent AI and doesnt rely on points. Drag and open wheels are another one that I am not really interested in and unlikely to buy if its in the game. Sorry to say this.

I rather see 90s Trans Am, Group C, more GT1, STCC, time attack tuners, V8 Supercars and so on in R3E. I think another released game might be doing drift soon but it is unconfirmed at the moment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    It's a whole other genre maan...This is a Racing Sim. For the sake of this argument Gran Turismo is a Driving Sim (don't get started on that argument here chaps) and you can have a lot of fun drifting...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    It's been a while since I played it, but I know there used to be a lot of drifting in GT. Seemed like whenever I'd browse the public rooms about half of them were for drifting. Sure, it's not quite up to "sim standards" but it can still be lots of fun and there are a lot of people over there doing it.

@DriftMachine, internet forums (or any form of social media) can be hateful places where people act like you're the devil himself if you happen to disagree with their opinion. In reality, it couldn't matter less if someone has a differing opinion and none of us are ever going to agree on everything 100% of the time. I've seen your posts that you perceive as receiving a bunch of hatred on here, but I've never seen any actual hatred directed toward you or your posts, just differing opinions. Just because you like pizza with mushrooms and I hate mushrooms doesn't mean I hate you or think less of you. Same with drifting, how you play your sims doesn't effect anyone else at all and doesn't influence our opinion of you. It seems you receive a lot of hard times in the real world so I suspect you have an automatic negative response to people who appear to disagree with you. But if you look around here you'll find that this is probably the most friendly, polite, and welcoming of all the sim racing forums and we all want you as a friend and fellow racer. It sounds like you could probably use some positive human interaction, and we're more than happy to provide it if you'll allow us. :D

I hope they can make your handbrake work eventually, and I hope you'll continue to enjoy sim racing and chatting about sim racing with your friends here. Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  18. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Forza is also another good drifting option, in my opinion much better than Gran Turismo because of the range of cars (quality not quantity) and the tuning and customisation options.

19. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Come on,dont get depressed about a handbrake and drifting.Maybe expand your horizons and find people equally interesting in real life drifting will help you.There should be some clubs or races organized near your area.So,think positive ,cheer up,go out and have fun!;)

20. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Nothing to do with hate, I don't really have time for that. I don't have any interest in drifting I'm afraid. Life's like that, I like Jazz, but most people don't.