Drift Pack or Expereince

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DriftMachine, Sep 9, 2015.

?

If a drift experience based on a real life event existed for RaceRoom would you buy it?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Robert Holm

Robert Holm KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I can say that handbrake allowed outside of hillclimbs is fixed already, so I'd expect it to make next public update, whenever that'll be :)

• Like Like x 6
  2. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    @DriftMachine look, S3S and R3E love you!! :D Happy drifting!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I'm not thinking of the implementation of the handbrake here, more interested in the new update as a whole.
    But it's my birthday this saturday. Just saying.. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    For the sake of this discussion........it's my birthday this saturday too. We need gifts!! :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Agree!
    If I know my wife, she'll get me something she wants me to want.. . :oops::eek:o_O:mad::rolleyes:
    So you're my last hope of getting a real gift S3S!! :(

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Hey, thats not fair. My birthday was on the saturday 2 weeks ago! I didnt get anything. :p

Also, just saying too. :p :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    So it's now official that the release date is this Saturday? Awesome, well done fellas :D

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Then you need a gift as well!! :eek:

S3S.
    There are a bunch of married men out there, and we deserve to get gifts!
    Real gifts we can buy in your store, and not those good to have to make life better for the missis gifts.. :confused::)

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Have we gone off topic a bit?

10. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I would assume that it's going to become a common trend for most threads around here to devolve into "So, uh, yeah, about that completely awesome update......when can we haz?? :D", especially now that we've seen the goods. :cool:

11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Don't get handcramps over those updates people, they're really not gonna be that great.

Gotcha. It's gonna be well worth the wait. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Clover

Clover Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Just to be the odd woman out then, i'll just state that Drifting is a race dicipline so... why not? I definitely get the point of it. it's insane skills and technique. I voted maybe, but that is more if it is implemented properly and not the crap that has preceded a real drifting sim. Proper cars and tracks for it and i would be game for a proper drifting "mode".

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure anyone was claiming it wasn't a proper racing discipline (it takes an impressive amount of skill, car control, reactions, and attachments, for sure!). I think the issue is that on PC sims there doesn't seem to be enough demand for it to warrant the time required from the devs. To do it properly would take quite a bit of time and effort (I presume) and if only a small percentage of users are going to use it, well it's probably not worth it. Once S3S gets everything else in R3E sorted and have added all the cars and tracks they plan on adding, and double (or triple) their number of staff, then they could maybe focus on adding drifting. (That's presuming the underlying engine of R3E is even capable of supporting a proper drift experience.) But until then I think a lot of us hope they will focus their efforts on the core parts of the sim that still need some attention. Then maybe some ways down the road they will add drifting as the icing on the cake. :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    It's a skill but certainly debatable as to whether it is 'racing'. Motorsport, yes, but racing I tend to see as the first one to complete a predefined distance or route, if that makes sense? It's immensely skilful, but if it's done by judging then I struggle to consider it a valid sport (I have the same issue with gymnastics, dressage, figure skating etc as 'sports' too, despite each taking incredible talent).

Either way, I'd prefer no drifting and less additions, with more focus on expanding current classes and disciplines. Nothing personal.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lee-h

Lee-h New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    awesome my fanatec handbrake is gonna get so used

• Like Like x 2
  16. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    You can add a hand brake to nearly any car for about a hundred bucks. You don't have to use it, but it would be nice if it was there when you want to mess around.

This is the only sim so far that does the best job at simulating traction loss. In nearly every detail. That's actually a huge compliment coming from me. I may not be the best driver, but I still know what driving like I stole it feels like. This is the closest sim to that. It also why I am pushing so hard to get the hand brake re enabled anyway I can.

As far as Gran Turismo or any other console title, I am not interested. I don't own a console, nor do I need another device.

P-Cars traction loss simulation is close, but it lacks a lot of other feed back that this games does. Assetto corsa was pretty close in 1.0 and 1.1, even then it still lacked some of the features this game does very well. The people complained about it being too hard, and they ruined it. Also something in the patch made the graphics ugly. That patch happened before 1.0

As far as weight transfer. I have been doing that, and/or dumping the clutch, and/or dropping to 2nd. But man the HB makes a world of difference in the things you can do.

If the hb was enabled i would only use it on the laps I messed up on or when i was bored and wanted to use the last turn in sonoma to slide around on.

I can drift with out a HB, but without it I often end up failing. I am not the best driver. I am into this more for fun and to keep me from doing it on the streets.

I am not saying drifting is actually racing, its more a display of control and showmanship than anything else. I hope the patch Robert Holm said works like a hydraulic hand brake, and not a parking brake, and it allowed on the main tracks, Especially on the Sonoma track. It has several beautiful turns for sliding.

Happy Birthday to the 2 who roll a number this week end.

Sorry if I sounded like a douche, I am going through a lot BS at the moment. I believe I covered everyone's replys.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Clover

Clover Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Oh i definitely does not argue against your statement. The "package" need to be solid before the fluff is added so too speak. But the argument can also be turned 180, no other sim out there supports a properly made simulator drifting mode. It could actually be something that turns more peoples eyes onto R3E. But neither me or you are marketing people i think? so it's really just a statement without solid footing :)

But yes, core sim features, polish, then additions. I for one would be over my head happy if someone actually supplied a ADAC GT Masters with a full lineup! get on it J-F :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    This thread was already off topic hehehe. :p

19. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    R3E has many things it does very, very good, it excels and shines in many things - but drifting physics is not one of these. Not by a huge margin.

If you want to drift-race: AC, AC and again AC. Regarding drifting, it is totally superior. No way to put it any milder.

I voted No, therefore. Its pointless in R3E. And I do not want the team to focus on drifting physics. There are other things that should be looked at, I think.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Does or will the game support analog handbrake? I think its currently digital, right?
    (I can't check as my sim rig is under construction)