Bug Pause/Resume weirdness since patch

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tom Watt, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Tom Watt

Tom Watt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

There's something wonky with the Pause and Resume functionality, .. and, unfortunately, I can't seem to find a definitive method of isolating the problem.

I've included a couple of pics, .. which I captured just after a recent 'resume'.

This was at Salzburgring, .. although I've had it happen at Bathurst as well.

I had just crossed the Start/Finish line in 1st Place (+1 sec in front of 2nd), .. and was heading down towards the first chicane, .. at which point I paused the Sim.

When I resumed, .. I was in a totally different part of the track, .. with the Car stationary, and in Neutral.

You can see from the first pic, .. that I'm now approaching the double chicane, before the final turn to the Start/Finish line, ... BUT, .. look at my time .. i.e. 6.505 secs !!! (Fastest McLaren there is .. :) )

So, my time indicates that I've just passed the Start/Finish line (more or less), .. but, I've nearly completed an entire lap, .. based on where I'm currently positioned.

You can also see from the 1st pic, .. that I'm still in 1st place, .. but now I'm +56 secs ahead of the car in 2nd place. !!

So, .. I put the car in gear, and start driving, .. which brings me to the 2nd pic, .. which is about 10 secs later.

Now suddenly, .. I'm in last place, .. and all the other cars are >17 secs in front of me. !!

This has happened a few times now, .. and as I said, I can't find seem to find a way to isolate the issue, to some event or the other.

It seems, .. at times, .. that even when the Sim is paused, .. it's still running in the background .. somehow. ??

Anyway, .. hope you S3 fellas can find what's causing this timewarp.

Cheers
    Tom

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  2. Glen Kabis

Glen Kabis Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +199 / 0 / -0
    Hi Tom, I haven't been able to reproduce this but I have added it to the internal bug tracker so the devs will take a look at it when they get a chance.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tom Watt

Tom Watt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
  4. not THE STIG

not THE STIG Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hey, Tom ,I have the same problem with the pause menu. But if you just want to pause the race, enter the replay mode instead of the pause menu. That way you can bypass that bug until it's fixed, since it doesn't appear when pausing the race by entering the replay mode. You can bind the replay mode to a key and to continue the race just press escape. After 3 seconds you're back in control of your car. :)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thats a fantastic workaround. No more holding it till the end of the race. I can go to the bathroom now!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tom Watt

Tom Watt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yip, .. just had it happen to me again. Paused game to tweak FF (was in 1st place), .. and resumed at a different part of the track .. in last place !!!

How difficult can this be to fix?, .. I mean .. they broke it .. surely they can fix it.

Cheers
    Tom

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    Trust me the most simple things can be the most difficult to fix... its just the nature of computers.

9. Tom Watt

Tom Watt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I've been an IT Systems Engineer for 30+ years, .. so, .. I fully understand the nature of Computers, :)

I also know, that if a Programmer breaks something, .. he, generally, .. knows enough to correct his mistake .. :eek:

Cheers
    Tom

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I don't think your last statement is true at all. In my programming/computer experience When something breaks after a patch those are the typically the most difficult bugs to fix. You have to hunt through code you probably didn't write and figure out wt freak someone did or worse what MS/linux patch just changed the way everything works.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Tom Watt

Tom Watt Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    If program changes/fixes are properly documented, .. as they always should be, .. it's a simple matter to go back through those changes, .. see what was changed, .. that might be the cause of the 'new' problem, .. and either undo them, .. or institute a workaround.

Having worked with Programmers for 30 years, .. and done a fair bit of programming myself, .. proper processes, controls and documentation, .. are required, to keep programs running efficiently and effectively .. and, hopefully .. bug free. :)

Cheers
    Tom