Balanced of power ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Z_i_g, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Macaquinho

Macaquinho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +219 / 0 / -0
  2. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Interesting read. And I'm german, so yes, I speak german. :)

This news I found by chance also says that at least the Z4 GT3 had ABS in 2012 already. So it looks like you're right.

It just bugs me that I always had in mind that ABS was allowed in 2014 and not before. Now I wonder from where I got this. One of the sources are the RRRE-devs here in this forum for sure who always said that the 2013 cars have no ABS because it wasn't allowed in real life too. ;) But I know I thought it was introduced in 2014 even before I read it in this forum already.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom added ABS to the GT Masters in 2014, it wasn't there before but 2014 was using 'upgraded' physics (and the 2013 ones were an upgrade to the stock GTR3 ones). I suspect this is what you're remembering as GT3 ruleset has always allowed ABS and TC.

Now, fortunately, S3 are bringing all the previous classes up to date with their latest work, so GTM13, 14 and 15 and GTR3 will all share the most up to date physics, the ones that have benefitted from Kevin VDL and others' input.

• Like Like x 2
  4. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Here i made a server ESR PUBLIC #1
    with Adac 2013 , Adac 2014 and GT3 at Red bull Ring.

Go have fun and tell me what class is the better one :)

• Like Like x 3
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    A little addition to the ABS an TC-Discussion. The lack of ABS in ADAC2013 was a bit Community-Driven. It was asked by a lot of users to have GT3 without ABS. After that other complains came up which want ABS back and have it like in the real cars. Thats done with ADAC14 and now a step further with the physics-update (reduced Setup-Options).

In real GT3 cars ABS was never forbidden AFAIK. But in Season 2014 the electronic stability control was forbidden, which was for example used in the Z4 GT3 before.

• Informative Informative x 4
  6. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Interesting. I must have missed that part somehow. :)

So I will have to try if GT Masters 2013 cars are on par now with the 2014 cars after the update or if they are still slower, maybe for some other reason.

7. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    So I just did a short test.

I took the Mercedes SLS GT3 from GT Masters 2013, 2014 and GTR3 class and did a few laps in each of them on Red Bull Ring.

Unlike before the recent patch, all standard setups were identical. I made a few exactly identical adjustments to the setup of all of them.

Laptimes were almost identical. In fact I got about 0.2 seconds faster with every SLS I tried, which obviously is due to the fact that I was getting more and more used to the new physics.

But overall we can now say that all GT3 cars in RRRE are balanced throughout the classes I think. I'm very happy about this personally, because it gives us the possibility of having very diverse grids online with competetive cars all over the board.

:D:D:D

• Like Like x 3
  8. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I am seriously looking forward to the reshuffling of classes, which I hope isn't very far off. Having such a wealth of cars in GTR3 is going to make it my favorite class, if it isn't already. Most of my racing has been in GTR3, so I'm definitely looking forward to this. But likewise, having GTR1 being essentially a Ford Cup event makes me just as eager to see the new additions to it as well. To me, including the Nissasn GT-R in that class is a little strange, but, the more the merrier. Especially since there are no Aston Martins, Lambos or other cars to include in it. Yet. ;)

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Why?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Oops, Nissan ran in the GT1 Series years ago. I thought Nigel was talking about GT3.

11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    That are two different Nissan GT-Rs.

The Nissan GT-R GT1 - powered by a V8-Engine
    [​IMG]

And the Nissan GT-R GT3 - powered by a V6 Bi-Turbo
    [​IMG]

The Nissan GT-R GT3 is already in the Game in ADAC13 and will added in GTR3 class.

The Nissan GT-R GT1 is not in the game but a Teaser of the car together with a prototype was shown some weeks ago
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I must admit that it's a personal bias. I see the GT-R as a GT500 and GT3 car for the most part. And I'm heavily biased in favor of Aston Martin, which has a rich racing legacy in GT racing, while the Nissan is a latecomer. I have yet to race it yet which isn't fair to it, but I just grew a bit tired of it as a "magic bullet" car in Gran Turismo. So yeah, it's all me, just ignore it. I definitely won't lobby against it.

13. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Awesome car, you should try it! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Very awesome !

10-2-2015 2-37-28 AM.png

15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You're missing out big time!! ;)

16. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Two pages later and there is no official answer to the OP? Nothing in the changelog to suggest any tweaks to ADAC 13 or 14 and nothing about BOP across the GT3 classes, yet in testing all 3 classes now seem similar pace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Arthur Spooner

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Well, the changelog clearly said that there was a massive change in physics for GTR3, no word about physics of GT Masters 2013 and 2014 in the changelog, but that was already mentioned in the dev streams before (especially the one with Kelvin van der Linde). The only thing that wasn't clear to me was if the new physics would also make all GT3 classes competetive on the same level. Same physics doesn't necessarily mean same performance. And for me this is also proven enough by now. S3S have a record for absolute great BoP so if all Mercedes SLS are identical in physics and speed and they are balanced within their respective classes, it is clear to me that all cars from any GT3 class are balanced now. Including the ones that are not present in each of the classes.

I don't need any more confirmation for this. And I also don't need any of the devs waste his time for stating the obvious here in the forums. They have more important stuff to do. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Just did some thorough testing at Suzuka East (chosen because it's a good track to drive consistent laps for me) in the Audi LMS from ADAC '13, '14 and GTR3 classes with default settings.

ADAC '13 51.486
    ADAC '14 50.843
    GTR3 50.858

That's too much of a difference to conclude that these 3 cars/classes are now balanced.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Z_i_g

Z_i_g Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Like @goldtop said. So far all we have are opinion.(no disrespect to anyone here ) I'm curious to now what they have in mind for GT3'S . A lot of good information in the post as to the future of the class. At this point it's a wait and see I guess,for me anyway.

20. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    If they actually have made a BOP for the GTR3 class and ADAC, it might have something to do with the Ruf GT3.
    With that we will be able to have a "Porsche" on the ADAC GTM grid once we have multiclass implemented. :)

• Agree Agree x 2