App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Lots of 'frequency_of...' properties now added to better control the frequency of stuff like sector delta reports, opponent lap times, race gaps, etc. Still some more options to add and lots to test and tune but the end result should be a much more flexible app. I've implemented them as integers - 0 (this message is never played) to 10 (this message is played as often as possible / practical).

I also found an instance where the opponent's best laptime might still be used in a pace calculation even though it's -1 seconds. And a few other minor bits and bobs that needed attention.

I also found the cause of those pesky messages which have the player's name but really shouldn't - the player was ending up in the opponents data set thanks to a missing check on the slot_id. This combined with raceroom occasionally sending the wrong race position for the player, so the app sometimes thought the opponent in front or behind was actually the current player. Thanks for the head's up Marcel, but unfortunately your crew chief will no longer say your name :)

Will be a couple of days before I've had time to test all these new parameters for sensible default values.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I've just uploaded 3.8.0. This has a ton of fixes and lots of changes to make the app more configurable. I've fixed a couple of nasty issues in the spotter (no more 'clear' messages when you bang doors and some other stuff), rewritten the sector delta reporting (and rerecorded the sounds) so it's a lot cleaner, fixed the opponent lap time reporting, added driver names, and generally polished up a bit. Full details in the first post.

I think these changes should accommodate the various requests over the last few days with some judicious tweaking of the appropriate properties

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Just uploaded 3.8.1. This has some new bits and bobs for Project Cars, and also fixes the logic in the opponent lap times event (it was reading lap times when it really shouldn't)

• Like Like x 3
  4. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Small update today to fix some issues with the pace calculations and add a mechanism to test driver name mappings and sound files (documented in the new DriverNamesHelp.txt file in the root of the package). And a couple of other minor bits and bobs. It's uploading now (will be 5 minutes)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Awesome, thanks!

6. Jefferson Pitas

Jefferson Pitas New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    my name is jefferson Pitas
    as you charge to do with that name?
    Pitas

7. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Not sure I understand Jefferson, but I can add "Pitas" to the names if you want. Is your Raceroom name Jefferson Pitas?

8. Jefferson Pitas

Jefferson Pitas New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Yes First Name Jefferson lastname Pitas
    the example to talk only Jefferson and other situation pitas ?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  9. Johan Reynvoet

Johan Reynvoet Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    So i've downloaded the crew chief yesterday and immediately started testing this feature. I've encountered NO problems at all with this pack! Thanks for developing this real race feeling witch allows you to un-ckeck some feature in the game cause the chief tells you everything you need to now while on track, he even recogniges when you're in quali or in race. I do have to test it yet with the voicerecognition, after i've a decent mic. So when that's happend i'll sure be posting my experience but i'm already sure that will make the race feeling even greater! Thanks a lot, now the game only has to be un-bugged with starting as last in the race after taking pole position :)
    Greetings, Johan

10. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much for this amazing app, truly bloody brilliant. I have but one request, would it be possible to have an auto update check so we are always on the latest version?

Thanks again!

11. M4IRC1IE

M4IRC1IE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Would be nice to implement some Easter eggs in crew chief so when I say "I need drs" he says "don't cry baby" :) ir when you drive in scheiders car, he sometimes say " timo schieb,ihn raus" :-D btw. Still working nice and can't find any bugs. Live to drive with the crew chief by my side.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Giannis Christod

Giannis Christod Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Hi Mr Belowski, I use your app each time I boot up R3E, and I would like to request to add my name too to the driver names list if it isn't too much of a bother :oops: . It will be a nice challenge since it is greek :) First name is Giannis and full last name is Christodoulou. I leave the pronunciation up to you :p Thanks!

13. M4IRC1IE

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Before everyone is asking for implementing their names. Would it be possible to make a list for all forum users which want their names inside the crew chief?

• Like Like x 1
  14. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Yes, not only would it be possible, it'd also be helpful. And awesome. Make it so ;)

If you guys could organise some kind of master list, I'd be happy to add the names. Something like...

raceroom name:name to read out

or, if you also play project cars,
    raceroom name:name to read out in raceroom
    pcars steam name:name to read out in pcars

For example...

Jim Britton:Britton
    mr_belowski:Belowski

I'm cooking up another update by the way - should fix a lot of random inaccurate message bugs and cases where the app thinks you're in a different car class to the rest of the field even when you're not. And other stuff.

• Like Like x 3
  15. M4IRC1IE

Ratings:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Masterlist for the CrewChief
    (pls copy and edit yours inside under last member)

Member 1:
    raceroom name: Marcel Sommer
    Readout: Sommer
    pcars steam name: M4IRC1IE
    Readout: Marcie

Member 2:
    raceroom name:
    Readout:
    pcars steam name:
    Readout:

16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    OK, 3.8.3 is now up. I've added some known issues to the readme file in addition to the regular change log.

This version fixes some annoying issues with lap time / sector delta comparison - they should be more accurate now (but see the known issues for a couple of caveats). It also fixes some other issues like the push-now message being played in practice and other stuff I've forgotten.

The main update is the switch to driver names to index the opponent data. This is necessary because the slot_id provided by the game is unreliable and basically unusable. See the known issues for more info but in short, the app will get very confused if there are multiple drivers in a race with the exact same name. Should be OK for online because the names are (I think...) unique, but against the AI it will get messy if you've got duplicate drivers.

This version doesn't need a new sound pack.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Giannis Christod

Giannis Christod Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Member 1:

Member 2:
    raceroom name: Giannis Christodoulou
    Readout: Christodoulou
    pcars steam name:
    Readout:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  18. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Member 1:

Member 2:
    raceroom name: Giannis Christod
    pcars steam name:
    Readout:

Member 3:
    Raceroom name: Bert vanJ
    Readout: nipzon

19. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Guys, remember that the names to read out and listen for need to be related to the in-game name displayed on the leader boards and everywhere else. If someone sees "Bert vanJ" on the leader board or printed about his car, they're not going to know that it's him when the app says "nipzon is the next car" or whatever. I'm trying to keep to last names where possible, and in other cases I want the app version of each name to be obviously related to the in-game version.

Oh, and Google Drive is having a bad night - the share links are really flaky at the moment.

20. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Member 1:

Member 2:
    raceroom name: Giannis Christod