Released GTR3 Class Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 13, 2015.

1. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I know, and I've managed to avoid the subject until now.

And I am not attacking anyone, especially if the financial situation for them is crap, as it is mine. My worry is while there are many valid points in the argument against the way things are sold, it is taken to the point where it is almost irrational, and does more harm than good.

In a perfect world, everything would be cheap as chips, everyone would be earning good money and can buy whatever they want, the devs would be throwing free content at us every now and again, and everyone would hold hands and be friends. it is not though, and really, it's a game, not life saving medical treatments. Perspective.

And for the record, to save me editing my post above. $4 for a coffee is not nothing, its ridiculous. But that is what it cost, at the minimum these days, so if I want one, I pay that price.

2. The_Grunt

The_Grunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0
    Jeez. This thread seems to be another victim of business model discussion pollution. Why people just can't keep that crap in the topic thread that can be found easily in general discussion area?

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    No offence, you made it sound like $4 for a car is reasonable price to pay while other games offering DLC with some content sounds terrible because you cant buy the content you like separately.

GTR3 never had a pack in the past while other old content such as GTR2, M1 and Touring Classics had a pack once the update is up. Why is GTR3 is the exception for now? The reason there is a lot of chatter about is due to lack of response from S3 regarding the availability of the GTR3 pack.

Are we still waiting for Mustang GT3 and Continential GT3 added to GT3 so we get a complete pack? Or packs will not be offered for GTR3? Personally, I would prefer if S3 could clarify on this whether we are getting a pack or not so that we could put an end to these confusion.

I like to support this game because R3E is my favorite among other games but the confusing business model with high price tag made it hard to support this game. I pretty much bought all my content on discounts because most of the default price tag of the content are too expensive.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    My only query on the likelihood of a GTR3 pack is who would buy the ADAC packs when a GTR3 pack with possibly upward of 12 cars is available, maybe loyalty to associates and licensing tie their hands in this respect so may be impossible.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Nah it was $4 for all 4 cars. I'd have never have bought them all, maybe only the Corvette, at full price. Like I said, I don't have the cash to throw it about, and had already spent my gaming budget for the month. I'd have picked them up in dribs and drabs, unless we do actually get a pack and it then goes on sale. I don't understand why GTR3 is about the only class that is not in a pack, but maybe @GooseCreature has it right with the conflict with the ADAC stuff. The only thing separating the two would be the whole "experience" part, with the rules etc. But that may be a moot point if we get more functionality in the base RRRE experience in the future.

But I am enjoying the cars as it is, despite some of them being no real different from the ADAC offerings. I regret none of my purchases.

• Like Like x 1
  6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Possibly, but in the end they can't keep releasing what is effectively the same content spread across different classes (ADAC 13/14/15 & GTR3) and expect this practice to go unquestioned. Once the new ADAC GT Masters 2015 pack hits it will be possible to own a good number of GT3 cars four times. I don't really care about different rule sets and what not, the crux of the matter here is if you want me to buy (for example) the Corvette Z06 for a third time then make it damn cheap and all liveries inclusive. It's getting beyond a joke.

As I said earlier, there is a need to streamline this mess.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  7. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    see here's whats weird. i can buy a similar gt car (the ruf in gt2 and gt3) and it only costs 70 vrp but then i want to buy a similar dtm car and it costs 350 vrp... one is a very very responsible price only 70vrp and one is downright stupid. i alread own it and it costs me 350vrp why does the dtm car cost 5 times as much.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I guess ADAC pack will have pits and track specific deco where some people might like it where the core experience still doesnt have. And also, ADAC specific BoP might also be interesting. For me, if the prices are reasonable, I really dont mind grabbing both.

I really hope that just because there is the ADAC license, there will not be a GTR3 pack and you have to buy everything one by one.

Still, why am I keep paying for the same car again and again? I am buying C6R, Z4 GT3, R8 GT3 and so on the third time if im buying ADAC 15 or GTR3 pack.

Thats the reason why I am waiting for a pack. I like that there is option to buy content separately but the way the discounts are designed, you better off buying packs if you like more than half the cars as it is much better in value.

I like to give the Ruf GT3 a go as I like it in test drive but I know that if I pay that 90 vRP now, I know I will be paying more for it if the pack arrives.

I hate talking about business model all the time but S3 really need to streamline the confusing, expensive and often off putting business model.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. The Monk

The Monk Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    If, say for instance, they hadn't allowed the ADAC specific vehicles to be available to be purchased and driven in the regular base experience this would not be as much as an issue. You could buy the Experience, with included rule set etc etc, or you could buy cars from the GTR3 class. One or the other, and never the twain shall meet. With so much demand for the ADAC/DTM stuff to be available outside the packs, it has had the unfortunate side effect of a multiplication of the content. So, yeah its a bit messy. That I can agree with.

as for you @shardshunt I really have NFI. I would suspect however it would be tied to the licensing agreements as they are all branded DTM, where as the GTR2/3 stuff is not. Do you get the same between the ADAC stuff, or do you have it all and can't test it?

10. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    The gtr3 cars are the first cars thes cost 70 vrp. You must wait. I think sector 3 think about her Business model too. But liecens of dtm 2015 is not the same we all the other cars.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  11. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Quick question about purchasing cars from the GTR3 class - when I purchase a car, do I get all liveries included or only the 1 I have to pick when I purchase the car? Is it possible to purchase multiple liveries for the same car? Thanks!

12. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    you get to pick your first livery for free then you can buy more if you want. but remember that other people and ai still use the liverys you don't own so unless you really like admiring yourself it probably wont effect your experience too only have one.

13. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Gotcha, thanks for the info!

14. Why485

Why485 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately it's a topic whose consequences trickle down into almost every aspect of RaceRoom, and it's one that many are unhappy about. It's hard to talk about anything R3E content related without the cost and business model being some factor of it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    At least they should have changed the model of the ruf.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    It just show that the business model is terrible which is why people are unhappy about it.

I would really appreciate if someone could confirm whether are we still getting a pack for GTR3 or all GTR3 content will be sold separately?

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Where did they say we would be getting a pack?

18. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    If I remember correctly I think they said in one of the devstreams that they was going to work on getting all the old classes into packs as well.
    And they have released both GTR 2, G5 and Touring classics in packs lately.
    So I guess the assumption that we will get the other classes in packs as well isn't that strange..

Edit:
    Oh, and I forgot:
    M1 Procar, Daytona Prototypes, Radicals and Hillclimb pack. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I know that. :)

I was just saying that they did not say a GT3 pack is definitely coming out....at least to my knowledge. Obviously it is logical there will be one, but with the a potential Bentley and other cars maybe to come, it may be a ways away.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    You're right, it's never been explicitly mentioned one way or another. Hope it does, but I'll refrain from these until I know one way or another.

• Like Like x 1