Released GTR3 Class Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 13, 2015.

1. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    putting aside the bop matter for a moment,as shardshunt said 2014 gt3s,the ones ingame, where slower than today's. Lap record in 2014 ,by gizzy as usuall, was 2:03.85 http://www.mount-panorama.com.au/history/records.html
    r3e record by kunze is 1:59.937.Now do you guys believe 4 seconds off is a realism issue or alliswell ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    It's always tough to judge actual driving to game driving no matter the situation. The sheer extra number of variables and factors involved in an actual race car on an actual track in the real world (every single bolt being affected, at least slightly, by the weather for example) isn't feasible, yet, to replicate in real time. Also the real danger of pain and/or injury doesn't exist in the game environment so people are more willing to push boundaries. The combination of both of these means, more often than not, you'll end up seeing faster times in games than you will in real life.

So the question really becomes, do people want physics that feel as close to reality as possible, or do they want times that are as close to reality as possible. Because both of those will impact the other.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I don't recall anybody talking about realism up until now (except Peter maybe, but he had his bike stolen and therefore doesn't count :p ) and I still don't see anybody saying alliswell.

I totally agree that that isn't realistic. Like Angry Hamster said there's so many variables going into the real life equation that cannot be simulated, which makes it hard to find the right overall balance, but I still agree that all of the in-game GT3 cars are too fast compared to their rl counterparts.
    And this issue was brought up internally as well. How/if they will address this Idk, but I hope they will because 4+ seconds is too much of a gap imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I think one more thing to look at too if you want to compare absolute fast laptimes... The in game record is 2 seconds faster than just about everyone else. And then the next handful of times are all quite close. So the absolute fastest time is easily an outlier and not representative of the performance relative to the rest. Some guys are fast and have alien pace, but there are also other ways to be fast.

1 lap time that is an outlier is a terrible way to balance the performance of an entire class with. Show me a trend over multiple tracks with multiple players and that would be a better starting point. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    but svg is an alien as well;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Show the vote

7. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    The current lap record from Shane van Gisbergen is actually a 2:01.286 in qualifying trim, so the gap is just over 1 second. That is not so much considering you can push harder, have more attempts and have optimal track conditions. Also you can change your setup unlimited times and even see the braking points from your previous lap to edge closer to an optimal time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'm not only talking about Bathurst. Look at the times they did in Quali at Spa and then compare those to the leaderboards f.e. http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/..._id=5&filter_meeting_id=52&filter_race_id=278
    5 second gap right there (and as XXVI pointed out, those were the 2015 cars, not the older versions that are in R3E and should technically be slower).

Again, there's much more variables to it than just top speed and of course rl endurance setups can't really be compared to virtual streamlined lb setups, but there's quite a big gap on many tracks atm.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0

Edit:
    meant as a response to all those NO without argumentation:(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  10. Lachaussette

Lachaussette Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    How to get the GTR3 skins KW & ST suspensions featuring in this competition plz? :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    So, any chance to release a pack for GTR3? I like to own all cars and liveries where I hope there will be a pack than buying them individually.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    ...and an AI selector please, so I can weed out the cars and liveries I don't want on the grid.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Rodoxx

Rodoxx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0