Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by heppsan, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
  2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    How?

Screenshots_2016-01-24-20-18-18.png

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I assume you already realized I misread that and thought you were talking about the threads themselves, not that language flag.
    I don't. :p

4. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Well i did suspect that, now i'm sure :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    An idea for online qually and practice have player names colour coded as in
    green=hotlap
    black=dq lap
    red=out lap
    you get the idea, maybe a purple for when they are!

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  6. mikey james

mikey james Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Rent a car? :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Its the little things :)
    When in an online server you dont know the name, or maybe i missed it, would be nice to have server name in the session info page!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    One for ease of use, do we need all the confirmations when chasing ghosts in the leaderboard, i hit escape and clicked on return to garage, shouldnt need to confirm it with the little pop up box, if your in and out of the garage, learning a track or messing with a setup its a bit of a pain.

9. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi.

Sorry for my bad english and sorry if this has been said elsewhere before. 40 pages are too much to read.
    What bothers me a little since I play RRRE:
    Why does the "in game" position bar not show the standings which belong to the mode I am driving in?

On the attached pic I am on 122 overall. In "my mode" (Amateur) I am on 14.
    I always have to leave the track and jump into the leaderboard to look where I am.
    I would like to know where I am in "my mode" when I am "in game".

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I had the same issue with Get Real mode .. apparently you need to filter the leaderboard to desired mode before loading to track to see only your mode in position bar ... I think it worked in competitions but not in leaderboard challenges or vice versa ..

11. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi, Ouvert.

The screen is from a competition (ADAC GT-ME 2014).
    Tried your suggestion but it didnt help.
    Even if directly challenging another "same-mode-driver"s time from the competition-leaderboard doesn't work - still shows my overall position.

BTW
    I missed that challenge option during the DTM Winter Cup.

12. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    Hmm at least in one of those cases it worked for me for get real mod.. Sry can't help..

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sixx

Sixx Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Suggestion about Pit Stops. I think it would be better if you were able to plan out your pit stops before the race so that you could just drive into the pits, for your scheduled pit stop, and the pit crew would do what you planned pre-race, instead of having to bring up the menu and confirm what you want done while you are racing. If you have to make an unscheduled pit stop or need to deviate from the plan, using the menu is a perfectly acceptable solution but otherwise I find it distracting to use the menu (when racing) while trying to plan your pit stop. I can't be the only person that would find this beneficial.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  14. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    also if the pit menu auto hides after a second and re appears when you interact with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. TheFlash

TheFlash Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    I'm only hoping for one feature: An option to choose the opponents car types in singleplayer!

When driving in the GT3 class the McLaren or RUF, I simply don't want to face a cheap Camaro or the ugly Ford (damn Couturier is always fast and around me).

Such a feature would be also useful for multiclass races if they will be added someday. Personally, I don't like multiclass races, but at least it's often requested.

And the more cars are added to each class, the more desirable such an "opponent-car-selector"-option gets.

With that option everybody could really set up his own dream races/championships - and I guess that's what every sim racing fan wants!?

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    and name the ai. so i can give them there real name.

17. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I would like to be able to give the Ai a target time per track, something i can compete with str8 away not for a practice qually and race session time to be learnt, or just race or whatever it is.
    Take spa i can average 2.19 say, give the Ai an editable config file ;) set 2.18 laptime target with a % able to go a little faster and the rest there or there abouts.

Or a rough guide to the aiadaptation.xml tracks and their variant locations, would be nice to go into it knowing line 256 is Spa put a time there and that is the ai target.

It would be nice if this was loaded with times by default with average times from the leaderboard just to get the ai started.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    This! Will save me a whole button on the box!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    The option to save all sessions, practice qually and race, then i would be able to look back at the rancid little tool deliberately coming out of the pits to spoil my hotlpap and name and shame him her or it, or just be prepared to give a little payback.

20. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    And another following on from editable ai config.
    In toca 2 the original 90`s version you could edit different driver skills in a config file, you could really mix and match the ai, if a real life driver was better under braking up his skill, better str8 line speed up his skill better cornering, you know what i mean, harry?

Saying that there have been many games since you could edit the ai with, its just toca came to mind thinking about the ai, i can appreciate the need to lockdown parts of this game but some being open and free to edit like the ai wouldnt hurt.