Released GTR3 Class Update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    We just did a series, the ford is definitely able to produce fast laptimes and needs a bit of bop. I mean you can't really do much if a ford is coming up on you...its gonna pass you....unless you are a alien.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The Ford is a popular leaderboard car isn't it? Overpowered imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  4. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Fast guys dont like drive a over powert car

5. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    Sorry @Christian Göpfert, the only leaderboard, which is representive is Spa - and only for the Ruf, but not for any other car. And I've beaten this time already with the Ford in training.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As long as there's no #1 Ford times on those boards I'd say they support my theory rather than yours. :D
    What would you accept as being "representative"? A board on which every other car is ahead of the Ford?
    What about the Zandvoort one? There's a Merc, a McLaren and an Audi beating Georg's and Marko's Ford and RUF times, which I guess aren't the slowest.

What about this? http://game.raceroom.com/competitions/565/leaderboard

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  7. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    @Christian Göpfert you will for sure know exactly that the Ford is a bit over powered. There should be no doubt about it.
    Same as with the Honda in WTCC.
    It's not all about some representative leaderboard constellations. For sure some skilled drivers proving the contrary but the more easiest explanation for all these opinions are everybodys own experiences and it's unlikely that all the people be mistaken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Flamedphoenix

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    I accept a leaderboard as being representative, in which a few skilled driver drive every car in one class, so you get a comparison between the cars and you eleminate the skill/track knowing-difference and other differences.
    As a good leaderboard for the Ford was the competition on Zolder GP. Even with the understeering madness of the Ford on a narrow track, we were a lot faster than any other car.
    http://game.raceroom.com/competitions/553/leaderboard

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Drive in a full race, not a leader board hot lap, and see you how one does against the Ford....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Look guys, I'm not gonna try to convince you of anything, everybody can believe whatever they want. But I like to stick to facts and I'm not alone in saying that the Ford is not overpowered, and the figures also don't support your theory. I'm not saying it's underpowered either, it's got its strenghts and weaknesses, just like every other car.

When was that Zolder challenge being held and why did everyone use the Ford then? Because it's overpowered or because that was when it was added and many people preferred to use it at that time? Why isn't a Ford in the lead at Bathurst then http://game.raceroom.com/competitions/565/leaderboard, a track that should compliment its strenghts even more than most others? Or is the Nissan overpowered too? Mabe the RUF as well? Eventually, might all cars be overpowered? :p

EDIT: And just so this is clear: I'm not trying to say your guys opinions are wrong. That's why I said in my first comment that that theory is arguable/debatable, not that it is wrong. If you feel the car is op then that's what you feel, but I don't agree and the figures speak a different language as well (which doesn't mean they are the ultimate determinant, but personally I tend to believe in those more than a subjective feeling).

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well I can't get the soddin' Ford to go faster than the RUF in Lap times, fancy it's a tad quicker in a straight line but loses a bit on the twists and turns, yet saying that a fair few pass me in races (generally on the straight) as do the Nissan's but overall I fancy it's a pretty even spread, very competitive series!

12. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    At the risk of stirring the pot further, I was able to hold of a much faster driver (Reinhard Berger) for an entire 30 minute race at Sachsenring with me in the Ford and him in the Nissan (I think). This is a guy who is (despite my awesomeness) usually a couple of seconds quicker than me.

So I also believe that the Ford is a little bit quicker than the other GT3s. Perhaps it's easier to driver, perhaps it's got more grip, perhaps it's got more power. No idea, but IMO is *is* a little quicker.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp - the nissan is overpowered too :D but Straightline-speed is a strength of the nissan - twisty sections not so much... So Bathurst with that long straights an moderate turns is a match for the Nissan.

The Ford is just a bit annoying as it is fast everywhere... Much power and well balanced for turns. It invites to drive with a very low wing which makes it very difficult to overtake.

Yesterday I was in in Race at nürburgring with the alpina. I had a Ford in front of me, which was 1 second slower per lap than me when I could drive a free lap. But I was not able to overtake, as he was to fast on straights even with a very bad corner exit...

14. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I think julian need 5 laps and is 1 second faster than the very great laptime of the nissan

15. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    After the weekend, I think Laurens Vanthoor feels your pain......

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    "We didn't find the right set-up" (http://www.laurensvanthoor.be/)

17. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    That's a very politically correct way of saying "Audi built a car to a BoPped ruleset which has way too much downforce so is going to get crippled on straight line speed to balance it out."

18. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I think it's exactly the opposite. The fast guys (aliens) always want to drive faster. Especially in competitions every thousandth of a second counts. If one car is only a half of a tenth faster than another car, they choose the faster car.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Flamedphoenix

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    In Leagues and competitions with prices you're definetly right. But in normal public races and normal leaderboard competitions it's always nice to try other cars to get a good fight and to get to know it. ;)

20. Soddyn

Soddyn Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

Attached Files: