European Truck Racing Championship

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leon_90, Apr 27, 2016.

?

Would you like to have FIA Truck Racing Championship into R3E?

Poll closed May 4, 2016.
  1. Yes

42.3%
  2. No

57.7%
  1. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Hi lads,

well last year, around May, I've bought Euro Truck Simulator 2. The more I played, the more addicting it became. I've now put many hours and kilometers into it and still longing for more. But since I am a racing enthusiast too, I started to see if there actually was a way to race these beasts. The possibility was only one: FTruck 2013 from Reiza. I bought it, but it has too many problems, mainly because the devs are neglecting the development of the sim, which is as a matter of fact dropped for licensing reasons.
    So, since I want to race the european series of this class onto the european tracks on which races are held, I thought why not asking to the R3E community if they share my desire.
    I believe that R3E would be the ultimate platform for this kind of series, and the one on which I would like to see it realised. But just asking devs would be pointless, especially for such a little known series as this one (which by the way you can follow through streams if you're interested) so I'm creating a poll to let devs see if there are actually the numbers or not for it.

In conclusion, who wants to race 24h of Le Mans in a 5 tonn truck? :D (Which they do, insane as it may sound)

http://www.fia.com/events/european-...eason-2016/european-truck-racing-championship

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    The poll is closed

YES - 22 votes
    NO - 30 votes

Thanks everyone for taking part :)

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  3. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Try Corvette from Group 5, it handles the same :D

• Funny Funny x 14
  4. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    For what it's worth, I believe the Reiza trucks will end up in AMS at some point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Well looks like they have hot chicks at the races, that means it's good enough to include in R3E

I voted yes, looks like fun - but at the same time sounds like alot of work that could be spent on other things. Formula Truck is pretty neat if you like this sort of thing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Although I really like FTruck 2013, and would surely buy it if R3E decided to do them. (imagen the sound @Anthony Monteil could do! :tonguewink:)
    But I feel there are so many other things I would like to see before this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    maybe, but it would still be the brasilian series. We vote for the Euro one! :)

Guys I know there are better things to do. There always are. But if it's doable and it sells, why not? :D they know their business, let's leave that aspect up to them. Let's instead discuss if we would like to have it or not. Whether it would, commercially speaking, happen or not it's not ours to see ;)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  9. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I think Euro Truck Simulator 2 is great, but I don't want to race trucks and would not want R3E development time to be wasted on supporting truck physics and all the extra work required to model them well, when there are far more important things that R3E needs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Think of it this way: the release of this class wouldn't stop or slow down R3E overall development (and why it should after all?); once released, would you buy it?

11. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    If RaceRoom physics are well calculated from the source, I don't think it would be as much time consuming considering the fun in return.

12. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I voted no based on my belief that racing trucks hold more novelty value than long-term appeal. Niche content within a niche genre of gaming, not worth the resources for minimal return. Formula Truck was fun for a while but didn't hold my interest long-term, nor did it many others.

Plus I've heard Scania is a bastard to licence! :p

13. Rally-RacingIvysaur

Rally-RacingIvysaur Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I would love it. Would be a great competitor vs Formula Trucks / Automoblista

14. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    So would putting (modern) Minis in R3E (which are in Automoblista), which would make more sense, and would probably be relatively easy to license given that BMW seems happy for R3E to license their cars (BMW own Mini).

• Like Like x 2
  15. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I voted yes and would buy such a DLC right away. The Eurotruck series in the 90s were great racing action and more interesting than a lot more renowned racing series.

Why would Minis make more sense? Have you ever witnessed the raw power of a race truck live? You wouldn't want a little Mini instead, if you did.

16. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    No, but I have seen the Minis racing, and they were great fun.

The physics would take less work, would be much more similar to existing FWD cars (e.g. WTCC), the Mini Challenge is a very popular entry-level racing series (http://www.minichallenge.co.uk ), which could help attract more newcomers, especially in the UK (so admittedly I may be a little biased), and would be a great intro to FWD racing for those aspiring to move up to the WTCC. Also, as said previously, the licensing should be much easier.

There's even the possibility of running 3 different classes of car - John Cooper Works Class (275 HP), Cooper S Class (200 HP) and Cooper Class (135 HP). Open Classes are also run.

Perhaps the main issue for running a proper Mini Challenge series is that we're still missing almost all tracks it's actually run on - Brands Hatch GP (though it's also running at on Brands Hatch Indy) Donnington, Oulton Park, Silverstone, Snetteron. Though it is running at Spa this year and has run on Zandvoort. But that's just another reason to add more UK tracks, especially Silverstone and Brands Hatch GP :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I don't doubt that. No offense - but imho they are just not "racecar" enough to be included in a pure racing sim. They would probably be better at home at something like Project Cars, which also has all the tracks needed. And btw one does not neccesarily outrule the other, does it? ;)

18. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    No offence taken, "real" racecars like the GT cars are where it's really about in R3E, and those are the cars that got me to try the sim in the first place. The JCW Mini is pretty "racecar", though, it's quite a pocket beast! I'm sure racing trucks would be fun, I just fear that modelling them correctly (which is what R3E is good at), would take a lot of resources, which are limited for a small studio like Sector 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Disagree. The Mini is very much at home in a pure racing sim. The Mini, both new and old, has so much racing heritage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Nice video about the F56 JCW Mini (last year's spec):

This one also worth a look:

Looks pretty "real racecar" to me...

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016