European Truck Racing Championship

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leon_90, Apr 27, 2016.

?

Would you like to have FIA Truck Racing Championship into R3E?

Poll closed May 4, 2016.
  1. Yes

42.3%
  2. No

57.7%
  1. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    @Metalogic could you please stop with this Mini promotion? This thread is about European Racing Trucks. I believe it's clear in the title and opening post. If you want to promote the inclusion of Minis or talk and discuss about them write your own thread and stop cluttering others'.

Patience has a limit and I over stretched mine. Being polite is not everyone's forte it seems.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  2. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    My apologies, I'll leave it there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  3. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    One lap @ Nurburgring

• Like Like x 2
  4. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    That's some racing :) I really hope your wish will be heard. Concerning modelling, I don't think it is any harder than for instance an open wheeler with all its tiny extra wings. And for the physics - the new Bentley already drives like a truck :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    LOL! Don't think that R3E currently models air brakes though!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  6. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    They can Hillclimb too!

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I'm vote No, because better ask Reiza for add it to their Automobilista, because Reiza already have Formula Truck 2013. I think we have more important things. S3 have a lot of work without trucks

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Thanks everyone for voting ;) whether you voted yes or no, I appreciate the fact you participated. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 4
  9. Brussells

Brussells Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Just arrange some point to point ETS2 MP races :) What with the different models and engines etc, with custom add-ons etc it could be quite an event :) 20-30 trucks tearing up the highways!

Oh and leave R3E to what it does best ;)

10. leon_90

leon_90 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I liked your post, was funny ;) then I read this and you went insta-stupid. Well allow me to give you a life tip too: never be a frontrunner, or fair-weather fan if you prefer (also because here there was no winner and no loser, just a friendly poll if you couldn't notice).
    Have a nice day

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brussells

Brussells Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    OK, firstly there's no need to be rude.
    I merely gave a suggestion on how you could fill your boots with ETS2 truck racing, and actually although it may appear funny it does actually sound like a great resolution to the requirement for decent truck racing.
    Secondly, I'm perfectly aware that this is a friendly poll, thank you.
    Thirdly, my comment in regards to "leave R3E to what it does best" - I simply meant DTM/GT/ADAC/WTCC etc, and not over stretching into fields which aren't "really" under the remit of what R3E is all about.
    Have a nice day? cheeky git :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Suggesting ETS2 for serious truck racing is a bad joke, not to say a slap in the face of more than 40% who voted yes :(
    Regarding "what tbey do best" - they already expanded to Group 5, Procar, GTOs and now openwheelers. So why not trucks? The major difference is a higher center of gravity, I am more than confident they could do it :)

13. Brussells

Brussells Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Why couldn't ETS2 Point to Point racing be serious? ;) If organised correctly, it could be very well organised, with moderators and marshals etc.
    I mean no physical harm to any yes voters - Please don't form a lynch mob and hunt me down for a slappin'
    Alright.....you have me half convinced.....you win \o/ ;) They have featured some rather niche racing series, so why not trucks.
    I just don't think it's on their radar to do. Also, I'd like to see other features fixed/implemented first. Once those are done? Who knows.
    Is Formula Truck Racing so bad? Or just out dated and no longer supported? I have it, but haven't raced on it in a fair while.
    Any mods in rFactor2 or Assetto Corsa maybe?

Apologies if I caused any distress or anything I said was misconstrued

• Like Like x 1
  14. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I am totally with you in regards of features. I too would like to see stuff like a real flag system (let me dream - with stewards waving them *sigh*), a safety car or single player multiclass races.

Yes, Truck racing is not on their radar, so it was a legit attempt to gently push the topic into their radar ;)
    I know there are mods for Assetto Corsa, but I don't have that game and I truly believe Sector 3 can do it better. And maybe it would be interesting for Raceroom as a company as well, visiting Euro truck races with their sims. Nobody else does that.

• Agree Agree x 1