News Mercedes-AMG online race competition

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, May 7, 2016.

1. Gerhard Rautenbach

Gerhard Rautenbach Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    What wheel and pedals (and mods) do you drive with Alex?
    I also tend to agree with JF. There are tons of track exploits here. On the other hand, I DO get that its part of the game thus the same for everyone. Id go further and say if everyone knows about it cool, but most guys figure a legal lap is dictated by having 2 wheels within the white lines at all times. That is something that doesn't happen though.( T1 and T9 iirc).
    Also, setup probably plays a part. Maybe there is a "trick" to the setups, maybe not. Maybe just skill coupled with track exploits. That's what separates the aliens (top3-4 times) from the quick guys.(4-40) At least with ghosts on, the track exploits can be taken advantage of as well, creating a more equal playing field between competitors, because people who didn't know, now does, like you top 5 guys did. In my opinion it takes away more of the competitive distortion, than add to it. But that's just my humble opinion.

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  2. Gerhard Rautenbach

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    That's probably so that that everyone can enjoy it (good and average) without having to frustrate themselves with no assists etc.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    There isn't any special exploits to take advantage of on Hockenheim as I know of, it is more about setting up the car right for the track and break, gear down, accelerate out the right way. And sure know how close to edge you can be without crossing the limit, that only come with experience as in practice, pratice, pratice and practice....
    And that is not exploits it is called experience IMO ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so aliens are just very good cheaters?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Gerhard Rautenbach

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    10 bucks says top 10 guys will be off track at Turn 1 and 9 at the very least.

6. Gerhard Rautenbach

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Look, these guys are quick as hell, make no mistake, but if the advantage is there to be taken, why not?
    Its still an incredible experience trying to compete with those few super fast guys. At the end of the day, with the ghosts on, we can learn from them gaining experience as well and become better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I agree I love to use the ghost when I get stuck on a track where I know I could be faster if I only get the right flow, and using a faster drivers ghost then is awesome way to find new ways to attack a corner.. or series of turns :D

8. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    There are exploits at certain tracks ? Are these beyond the boundaries of the normal line of the real track ?

9. Alexander Dornieden

Alexander Dornieden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Logitech G25
    There is but its nothing new...if you still not know what to do you can watch my videos. There i included a screenshot of my setup.
    Everyone should know the track limits of raceroom. Seriously im bored of the discussion with the track "exploits". It's the same situation for everyone so why are you complaining? The track limits in raceroom are not a secret.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Well I say the sim track limits are far more harsh toward penalty if you are out side them compared to real life, you can easily go outside limits without penalty in a IRL race as long as you didn't gain positions on it. As for the sim there is no in between if you are outside you get penalty whether you gain on it or not.. so don't see the comparison rely working out here.. ;)

11. OscarHardwick

OscarHardwick Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Are the times updated more slowly or am I missing some sign up element. Did a run and it shows on the leaderboard but not on the standings on the first page you see for the competition.

12. Gerhard Rautenbach

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I didn't complain about anything regarding track limits. Read my post again properly. I actually support you in saying you are within your rights and within the game rules to use all R3E allows so no need to get so defensive.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Just seem to be a litle delay updating... mine is there now as lastone is not yet.. :D

• Like Like x 1
  14. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    They don't update real time but instead every XX minutes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok thank you for the heads up :D

16. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I find that attitude is a quiet elitist & anti-social one, no offence Alex.
    Not every simracer has the time and experience to dig deep into the matter and even if he can compare his racing line with yours it still takes time and hours of work to follow up, so I find it very legit to get any help to improve whereever one can.
    It's also a matter of talent after all. And the majority of those following your footprints will mostly be frustrated or annoyed anyway when they find out that they still need time to truly compete...except for those who are talented enough (and have the right hardware and personal insight too) but to that point just missed the trick "how to" and thats something you work out with a whole staff of technicians, coaches and engineers in real motorsports normally- thats the base every real DTM driver has - which along with a unified chasis and engine is the reason why there are just milliseconds of gap between each driver - I suggest you get used to it if you really want to "get real"...(btw. what I heared about the DTM veterans like Paffett or Ekstroem they always have some good advice for Rookies attending the DTM)
    The Schuhmachers and Sennas of this world who can dominate a series for years are rare exceptions...
    And if you really want to sit in a real cockpit you will do what it takes to get there, against all odds - it`s called "natural selection"....
    So don't complain. GO ! (I would if I were in my twenties) ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. mizz

mizz Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    wich videos do you mean?

18. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree and to the degree that I actually going to attend this competition just for the heck of it... :p
    And it is tight.. currently on 130P and climbing there is 3s dividing 100 players ha ha ha ha..... awesome :D

19. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Ah XX the new 2016 Soon™

• Funny Funny x 2