News Mercedes-AMG online race competition

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, May 7, 2016.

1. RaceRoom

RaceRoom game.raceroom.com Developer

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Fulfill the ultimate dream
    The 2016 DTM season has a special treat in store for DTM fans who enjoy race simulation games on their computers as the new Mercedes-AMG Online Race Competition puts talented gamers in a real cockpit.

Invited to an event of the AMG Driving Academy
    The opening weekend of the season at Hockenheim (6th - 8th May) is also the start of a new online championship. The best players will not only compete against the eight Mercedes-AMG DTM drivers in the virtual finals but also be invited to an event of the AMG Driving Academy.

The first laps on the way to fulfilling the ultimate dream of buckling yourself into a real cockpit will be completed on virtual tarmac. Contestants must be aged at least 18 and hold a valid Class B driving licence. The Mercedes-AMG Online Race Competition is a simulated drive in a Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM on replicas of the eight race tracks to be used in the 2016 DTM season.

Finals at Hockenheim against the eight Mercedes-AMG DTM drivers
    Every Monday ahead of race weekend, the next circuit will be loaded into the simulation. It will continue to be available for the rest of the campaign to allow late entry into the competition. Each of the tracks will be introduced by one of the Mercedes-AMG DTM drivers. On Friday of each race weekend, one of the eight squad members will take a seat in the simulator to set a reference time for the players.

The best four female entrants and the best four males in this online competition will then challenge the eight Mercedes-AMG DTM drivers in the finals which will be held in the context of the closing weekend of the 2016 DTM at Hockenheim (14th - 16th October). In addition, a one-day fitness test will take place, scores from which will be aggregated with the results of the race finals. The two best females and the two best males from the race finals plus fitness test will be invited to attend an event of the AMG Driving Academy.

Ulrich Fritz, Head of Mercedes-AMG DTM: “Anyone who enjoys race simulation games will certainly have closed their eyes on occasions and imagined how it would be to sit in a real cockpit rather than at home in front of a computer screen. Our Mercedes-AMG Online Race Competition offers racing game fans the chance to participate in an event of the AMG Driving Academy. It won’t be easy getting there, but for the winner it will certainly be worthwhile. In the meantime, the new online championship and the opportunity to challenge our DTM drivers in setting virtual lap times should provide a lot of fun and excitement.”

[​IMG]

How the Mercedes-AMG Online Race Competition works:
    • Online championship running in parallel to the 2016 DTM season; simulation of all eight race tracks.
    • Contestants ‘drive’ the Mercedes-AMG C 63 DTM.
    • The latest track simulation will be uploaded on the Monday ahead of each race weekend; previous circuits will remain available.
    • On the Friday of each race weekend, one of the eight Mercedes-AMG DTM drivers will set a reference time on the simulator.
    • The best lap times per track and the updated championship table will be displayed at mercedes.me/onlineracecompetition.
    • The best four female and best four male entrants in the online championship will be invited to the last DTM race weekend of 2016 at Hockenheim where they will compete in the online finals against the eight Mercedes-AMG DTM drivers.
    • The best two female and best two male contestants in the race finals plus one-day fitness tests will be invited to an event at the AMG Driving Academy.
    More information on ➤ mercedes.me/onlineracecompetition
    Enter the Competition now ➤ http://bit.ly/Mercedes_AMG_Competition

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Whoa that's so cool!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Upwards and onwards for S3, unfortunately even if I was fast enough reading that there would be a fitness test puts the kibosh on that but as always be interesting to watch the battle up top, more and more fast drivers joining the throng every week, becoming extremely competitive, which, personally I love, speed breeds speed, no better at getting fast than by following someone faster.
    Always interested in the Pro drivers times and how they equate to real life, allowing for the lack of fear of death syndrome that is.
    Loving the close cooperation between S3 and the real series, can only benefit us all, keep it up chaps, pucker job!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    too bad I'm fat... fitness test :eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,508 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    With thirty years of age less you definitely could expect me to join :D
    Nice presentation by Gary btw.
    DTM 16 Season starts today.. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Spanner_76

Spanner_76 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    So we do get use the Merc DTM 2016 car! Yes! Well done S3!

Seeing lots of reference to 'racing' in the blurb but seems to be for us 'in the know' here to be a time trial competition?

9. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
  10. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    not easy this DTM 2016!!!
    that rolls strong in front :)

11. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    18 years old on 10th October...
    23 days that kill my participation...
    And I guess there is no exception?
    I'm already driving but yeah accompanied driving. :cry::disrelieved:

12. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Ever heard of fake id ?;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Love the new C63 DTM, I am really looking forward to see the full DTM 16 being released.

14. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Though I'm guessing that DTM 16 won't be an Experience this year, so hope series rules options for AI races are introduced before then

15. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Alexander Dornieden

Alexander Dornieden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon You can challenge people in this competition, is this intentional? In my opinion it shouldn't be possible in such a competition.

17. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Why not? At least if someone's exploiting the game and finding cut corridor "hacks", everyone can see them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Alexander Dornieden

Alexander Dornieden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Because its an massive advantage to challenge a driver who is faster than you...you can learn from his racingline etc. etc..
    In my opinion it is a bit of a competitive distortion, especially in a competition like this.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    Four top females, eh. I might have a chance then....

zzzzzz-007.jpg

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    This is going to be fun, some serious competitions here, awesome :D

The one thing I find od is that there is Amature and novice, how can that be related to a competition like this I can't see how that is going to work out.. :D