Question Oversteer when accelerating

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by seufmeister, May 12, 2016.

1. seufmeister

seufmeister Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys,

since I drive in get real mode I have big problems the handle with oversteer when accelerating after a corner. In DTM 2014 I could help myself with the setting up the differential. But in DTM 2015 this feature is disabled. Can anybody give me some advice how I can change setup or steering settings to reduce oversteer when accelerating or is it all about having a good feeling with the gas pedal.

Thx

Stefan

2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Try increasing rear bump and/or decreasing front rebound

3. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Is it actual oversteer, or are you understeering the corner and have too much wheel input when applying the gas? Throttle control like you mention is ofcourse important but try to determine if it's actual oversteer and then adjust the roll bars accordingly. And yes this is tricky as all hell and real drivers get it wrong aswell.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. seufmeister

seufmeister Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It's actually sometimes to much wheel spin when I'm on the gas. traction control would help but of course there is none in get real mode. i switched to wtcc which is easier to drive for me in get real at the moment.

5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    You can try GT3s, they have TC and are rather easy to drive

6. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    more rear wing?

• Like Like x 1
  7. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    This was my solution for the longest time. For any group 5 type cars, i had to max it out to be able to do a lap. As i've gotten better at controlling the accelerator, i've been able to get away from that thankfully. but it works.

So yes OP, you are onto something when you say having a good feeling with gas pedal is key. Rear wing is a big help too.

8. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    In slow corners a rear wing is only helpful if someone happens to be sitting on it. Mechanical grip is what you're after which comes from suspension/geometry settings and diff values....and of course throttle control and steering input. There are lots of guides for setting up cars but the driver part is important too.

9. seufmeister

seufmeister Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    thx for the hint with the gtr3 cars. is it still possible to activate the TR in adac gt masters 2015? in 2013 it works.

10. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Try to be gentle with your pedals

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree but I can say that when first starting out, I spun much less with more wing, even in some corners you would expect to be too slow to matter.

• Agree Agree x 1