The Project CARS thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ::SKRO::, May 7, 2015.

1. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Paul a.D.

Paul a.D. Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Too many vids and ripped content mayne... looks like nothing but lame advertising since you are bringing absolutely nothing to the discussion here.

Why not add to it and share your thoughts like we have had in the past few pages?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
  7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I smell a ripper stalks around, for the repeated time.

8. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I like how Bell instead of (just shut up or) giving kudos to Kunos for what they've managed in case of Porsche license, he was just complaining that not everyone has the same access to the license (he deleted the comment later) and out of frustration just added that SMS will be doing "some sort of announcement" in the future. Heh, the guy is incredible.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    PRC and Kunos heads cannot stand each other, and they do not hide it. Kunos in the past repeatedly found very clear words on what they think of PRC, and I think at least for the most they probably are right. I take it as grnated that this is reaching into the realms of mutual personal hostility. They just cant stand each other.

And taken for itself, PRC is anything but a "reliable source".

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. St3fan

St3fan Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    People should just stop visiting that site, period.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I decided out of the blue yesterday to re-install and give it a go, not been on since R3E some 8 months ago. Spent a good hour resetting the wheel, installing the latest Jack Spade tweaker files and way too long trying to get the Edtracker working. But after all that I had an absolute blast racing the GT3 at Imola. AI were well behaved, FFB felt excellent in that I could tell exactly what was happening and unlike before didn't feel like it was on ice. I then for shits n giggles took the Radical round Brands Hatch and the BAC Mono round Le Mans. I really miss the tracks in PCars and can see I will be spending more time there again. One thing that really stuck me was how easy it is to lose the backend I had to be really careful, I miss that in R3E.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Alright, this site should be avoided like the plague. It has literally zero credibility and nearly every article going back about 8 months is factually false (when I really started taking a look more objectively at the content of their articles). Yes, provably wrong.

They should not be looked at for any sort of serious information, because what they dont fabricate, they guess on. Even in this article, they show a picture of one dev saying that the EA Porsche exclusivity goes at least til 2016 or maybe into 2017, and then they show Ian Bell saying that it is done now and good things are coming to Pcars. So, they are relying on Ian Bell(end) as a source of factual information when they have done nothing but rip the guy in the past for saying 1 thing and doing another?

Frankly, I cant trust Ian Bell as far as I can throw him... Speaking of which... how is the Indy 500 in Pcars Ian? How long ago did you license and promise that? 2012? 2013? I lost track... please remind me.

Ian Bell will say anything to get the attention on him. His credibility is shot as well.

Anyways...

I wouldnt say they cannot stand each other. Oggy from PRC will say anything bad about any developer just to rile them up. Typical 4chan internet bad boy keyboard warrior that does nothing but troll. Stefano doesnt take his shit, and rightly so. If someone would constantly lie about your personal character, or fabricate information about something you have dedicated the past ~10 yrs of your life doing, would you sit back and take it while this negative influence is affecting others perceptions?

Sim racing is a small community, and places like that pit from hell get around quickly. Every other dev has visited that site too, and they all say the same things Stefano says. :p Well, perhaps not the Sector3 guys, but, Reiza, SMS, iR, and im not sure about ISI.

Yep.

Back on topic for me...

I too booted up Pcars after a few months away from it just to get some LMP action at Le Mans. :)

Their track is a pretty good recreation in my opinion, so it is fun enough, even if I dont care for the physics in the game at all. However, I noticed that my performance was all sorts of goobered up. I use 2 gtx 660s in sli and have never had a problem before, yet when I tried it yesterday, I was getting horrendous performance. Something like 50% gpu usage instead of the normal 98%. Not sure what happened in the past couple months, but lapping solo was marred by a choppy 40 fps.

Oh well, no real loss for me. Perhaps I'll spend some time trouble shooting, but right now, I have little interest to.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Dam guys, just for the fact you still even discuss Bell is making his head swell even more than it has already, his ego is bad enough and over hyped to much as it is..

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Sean Lander

Sean Lander Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    The thing I love most about Project Cars is that at the drop of a hat I can jump into a session with a mate. Add some AI and changeable weather to spice things up and go for it.

No other Racing sim I'm aware of can do this unless you want Formula 1.

It baffles me that both R3E and Assetto Cora don't allow you to throw AI into a multi player game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. rd.king

rd.king Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    The feature that has revived this game for me somewhat.
    is the discovery of the custom grid tool.
    It lets me set up a race with only the cars and liveries I want.
    So I can choose LMP/GT or just a specific number of road cars.
    I want this for RRE.

16. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hypocrite much? Ian doesn't take the shit from those expressing their hatred of Pcars....he's got no credibility yet Stefano has?

In my eyes they BOTH have credibility for sticking up for their products (flaws and all, because BOTH games have flaws) and their staff.

Yet it seems some people cannot treat others equally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Talking for myself, because both act quite differently and based on my experience, Bell is person I don't feel like trusting many things he says. Stefano has his days too, but he is nothing like Ian Bell, by far.

18. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Why because Ian didn't take the shit from Race Dept?

19. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Why what? Why I don't trust Ian Bell?

Well, from all the years in WMD and after events after release of pCARS, I have learnt a lot about him. I don't like his attitude, I don't like his egoistic boasting, I don't like his selective and pretend openness just to cater to his forum minions. Over the years he said many things that weren't true at the end and I don't need more.

He is able to spam the forum all day long with nonsense chit-chat, but he never answers to my direct questions regarding pCARS development. He just spouts his wisdom everywhere, but if you ask him something he is not exactly comfortable with, he just quietly quits.

It doesn't make me feel good to talk about people if they hardly can respond, but if you asked... and if your question was something else, I'm sorry.

20. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    All I've learnt is that he takes no shit from people. I've never read anything like "boasting" or "spouting wisdom" at all. I don't think he spams forums at all either.

• Agree Agree x 1