head shake in cockpit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew Anderson, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Andrew Anderson

Andrew Anderson New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Forum members:

I took a couple of weeks away from this sim, and now when I drive the head shake in the cockpit is almost unbearable. The amount of bouncing up and down makes this sim unplayable. Have I done anything to change this setting? What adjustment can I make to smooth this out?

Thanks for the help.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Options - control settings - secondary functions:

movement.PNG

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Even on zero still bounces a lot is there a camera file to reduce further if required ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Oh yes, loads of them. :D (One for each car)
    I guess this is what you're looking for: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/real-head-motion.3242/

You can play around with the pitch, yaw and roll values to get the feeling you like best. I prefer these f.e.:
    <orientationSpeed type="Vector">{35.00000000 77.00000000 5.00000000}</orientationSpeed>

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  5. Andrew Anderson

Andrew Anderson New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the help guys. I think I will need to adjust these numbers and get the camera comfortable for me.

Could you let me know what each of the three numbers represent? I figure they are the X, Y, and yaw numbers, but not sure which order they are in and how to get my desired results.

Thanks all

6. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I first had that problem with the f2 on Zolder. Then the more I got the car dialed in the less cockpit movement I had. Until it was almost completely gone. Thought it was strange. But now when I have that much movement. I soften the springs first. Hey is sound bazar to me too but it helps. On my system at least

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Agree that that can help, to a point. But with certain cars (Proto class f.e.) on certain tracks (Macau f.e.) it can still be too strong for some.
    From left to right it's pitch, yaw and roll.
    Most important for the camera shake is the first value, pitch. Every value below 25-30 basically locks the camera (i.e. stops the bouncing of the surroundings). I prefer it to allow a little shaking, so it does shake a little when going over really heavy bumps f.e., hence I usually set it to 35, somewhere between 30-40.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I'm not shure, 'cause I never tried. Could this help?

9. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Does this affect Track IR users as well?

10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Good question, don't know for sure, never used Track IR.
    My guess would be no, cause then the pitch, yaw and roll is determined by your head movement and the shaking is only translated into vehicle body movement but not world shaking.

11. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Tested, and i can not see a (significant) difference with Track IR running with the orientationSpeed type 0 or 100. So i think its irrelevant.