Problem Dedi server problems, please Sector 3

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Support" wurde erstellt von lifeofbrian, 26. September 2016.

1. lifeofbrian

lifeofbrian Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I seem to have one problem after another.

1. I got the "no response from server" error, so I used the work around, I could get in.

2. When I run the dedi server and run the game, at the start of every race, my game minimizes to desktop for a few seconds, so I miss the start of the race. It also does this when I'm in the store. I tried running the exe from outside Steam same problem. I made a post but no one has any solutions for this.

3. So I tried running the server from another PC, no luck, tired the loopback trick on that PC now when I try to start the server it asks me for a new name and gives me the "server not registered" error. I have tried deleting AppData\Local\Sector3_Studios_AB as suggested on this forum post but no joy. (It says "resolved" but it's not).

If I could get the game to stop minimizing to desktop at the start of the race I'd be happy.

2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    This is most probably caused by some Windows funtion (Gadget Platform is one that's known to cause such behaviour, Peek might also be a suspect) or some other software that's running in the background and starting some processes. Might even be caused by how Windows is configured to react to the dedi app starting the session. Hard to tell without knowing all the details but what you can do is having the Windows Event Log running in the background while the minimizing happens, then check the log for processes that appear at the moment the minimizing occurs.

Many people have encountered this in all sorts of games, google finds loads of possible fixes:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=game+minimizes+to+desktop

• Like Like x 1
  4. lifeofbrian

lifeofbrian Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
  5. lifeofbrian

lifeofbrian Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You have given me an idea, I'll try it out later, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. lifeofbrian

lifeofbrian Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I thought it may be my Dashmeterpro app doing it, but it wasn't. It didn't crash at the start this time, but mid race, and also when the replay loaded. Here's a vid of what it looks like in game, it was froze for longer than this, I checked my task manager and nothing else was using an abnormal load.

7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    We should try and not mix things up.
    You didn't mention the game crashing/freezing/lagging before, so now it didn't minimize but it did crash?
    As for the lagging: Did this happen on a server you hosted on the same PC that you used for playing the game? If so, this could be down to replay recording. Depending on where you have the game installed, free disk space and available memory bandwidth running the dedi plus running the game plus recording the replay might be asking just too much of your system.

Try singling this out first by disabling the replay recording (right click game in steam, launch options, add "-disableReplay" without quotation marks)

About the minimizing: You won't see what's happening in the task manager, you have to use the Event Logger.

8. lifeofbrian

lifeofbrian Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    No it minimized, this is the shadowplay recording of what it does in game when it minimizes. I shadowplayed it just out of curiosity. I had no idea what it was doing in game before this. This was just on a random lobby.

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 27. September 2016
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2.411 / 0 / -0
    Ah, I see.
    So it always minimizes at race start (or randomly) even if it's not on your own server? Does it act the same way in single player modes?

If that's the case I'd still think it is most likely some background function or program that's causing the minimizing, the only difficulty being to find out what exactly triggers it. Did you try the Event Log?