Resolved Cant enter the game and on the website

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Diogo Velosa, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
  2. Diogo Velosa

Diogo Velosa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    NOTHING YET?

3. Diogo Velosa

Diogo Velosa New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can I have my money back? Because I bought all the game...... all content...... cant play ....and have no support!
    What a waste ..

4. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,

Very sorry for the late reply, I've been busy answering support messages over at our Support (http://support.raceroomracingexperience.com/) ever since I got back to the office so haven't had time to check out the forum much these last few weeks.

One thing you could give a try is clearing out the following folder: Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData\Cache

This is where, among other things, the elements of the web menus are stored and when it is cleared out the game should fetch new copies of them.

5. Bruno Ornelas

Bruno Ornelas Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Nope, doesn't fix it for me... The problem also happens on a normal browser when opening the portal.

6. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Guys we haven't updated anything on portal side for a long time. If this issue started occurring suddenly, and two of you who are having this issue are from the same location exactly then perhaps you could check with your ISP to see if something has changed from their end.

Let us know how it goes.

7. Bruno Ornelas

Bruno Ornelas Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Well this problem started precisely on the same day as this other problem was apparently fixed.

8. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Oh missed that one. It was while I was on holiday :) I'll see what was updated exactly there.

But a quick checks indicates that it's just so portal continues instead of throwing error in case it fails to fetch stats.

It could be corrupted browsercache. Have you tried deleting your BrowserData folder located in Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience?

9. Bruno Ornelas

Bruno Ornelas Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I tried that today but it doesn't work.

The same thing happens with different b.rowsers, on different computers and also on another totally different IP address of the same ISP

10. Beep Beep

Beep Beep New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey Bruno. How are you?
    Any luck with this? I'm also at NOS (mainland) but i am getting the 503 error portal services unavailable.

Cheers,
    Beep Beep

11. Bruno Ornelas

Bruno Ornelas Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    That looks like a different problem to ours. In our case we don't see any error message, the portal just looks different with a simplified interface, since one of the main files in the page doesn't load. We can click on the links on that page but nothing works properly, can't see competitions, leaderboards or anything...

12. Beep Beep

Beep Beep New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply. Well i've found the problem. It was spacedesk x10 (2nd monitor extension via WIFI). Apparently firewall rules that this program generates mess up with R3E portal. And this apparently started after the update (can't be 100% sure about this as i don't race everyday). Anyway even it is a different error if you're using a similar program for 2nd screening maybe worth to try to uninstall and see what happens. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  13. Beep Beep

Beep Beep New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Bruno and Diogo. Have you tried to create a firewall exception to R3E?

14. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Any changes to your problem Bruno, Diogo?

We checked again to confirm that there was no change from our end.

15. Bruno Ornelas

Bruno Ornelas Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Nah doesn't work, we get the same problem on the portal using a browser. In fact it doesn't work on my laptop at home, but if I take it to another wi-fi network of a different ISP everything works just fine.

16. Bruno Ornelas

Bruno Ornelas Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Alright, I'll prepare all the information I have about this and try to contact someone from the ISP.

17. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Ok.

On a sidenote we're making a lot of changes in portal including this file in question so after the next patch there's a chance it might get resolved. The changes are not fixes in particular but they resulted in a greatly reduced size of the file. Might help in case it's the culprit.

18. Bruno Ornelas

Bruno Ornelas Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    In that case I think we can wait a bit longer and see if that fixes it. I suspect it might...

19. Bruno Ornelas

Bruno Ornelas Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Was there a portal update yesterday? The portal is now working fine for me!

20. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    No there was no update from our side.

Can others from the same region who also had the issue confirm whether it works for them as well?