Released 11-18-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Nov 18, 2016.

1. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that Vette is insanity in purest form.

@TripleJay That bridge on Suzuka (and every other bridge) is really hard to properly set cameras. I was trying to fix this in rFactor few years back, and could make it work like i wanted. And R3E uses pretty much same system for cameras.

2. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    not sure if it's due a bridge, i just recognized the cam at 130R uses the cam which is also placed on the bridge. But the cams are made new, so it's probably track-related. I had in the past once a look at those cams, but no chance to find out, what exactly what is.

3. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure it's due to bridge. Activation zones are spheres attached to certain point and they can't tell, on what part of track the car is - they only care if a car enters them*. And since they are spheres and not any other shape, which probably would be better, there is some overlapping on certain sections that are to close to each other.

*At least I believe that this works that way in RaceRoom and other SimBin games. rFactor was looking for closest zone to a car, which in most cases was even more annoying to set up. But at least there were few tools which were helpful, sadly they don't work with RaceRoom. You can still mess with cams, but all you have is text editor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Only 2 of the 3 exe in the folder allow me to run as admin using right click properties, RRE.exe does not give the option and nor does the desktop shortcut.
    Am i missing something?

5. TripleJay

TripleJay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    ic, activation zones. i made several track-cams for AC, they had a timeline from 0.0 to 1.0. so no cam could interfere with any other, but AC has also the latest tech of all sim-racing (besides pcars maybe).

6. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm, if it doesn't allow adming rights, I'm clueless.

7. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Is there something seriously wrong with Audi GTO, or is just me? I tested it at Mid-Ohio, but couldn't make a proper lap because it was sliding so much (tested with different setups). I got the impression that 4wd doesn't work properly and/or it has really poor tyres. 2wd GTOs seem fine in comparison.

8. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that would be very helpful!

I don't have the time to drive as many laps as the adaptive AI would need to adjust to my pace on every track.
    And if I set the AI to 110 it is the perfect difficulty on some tracks, but on some of the other tracks the AI is either way too quick or way to slow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. andermarro

andermarro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a cockpit with movement and now it does not work. I use Xsim. Someone else happens? And the gear display does not work

11. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
  12. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Ok, on a second try managed finally do a setup that is drivable. Beat the leaderboard top time for Audi by 1/10th in practice, but don't have time to do the challenge yet.

What this car needs is an adjustable differential. It is like fully open at the moment, which explains slipping and sliding. I hope the differential wasn't sacrificed on the altar of BOB...;)

13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not sure about IMSA GTO, but I know that back then many series enforced the use of a locked diff, Trans AM f.e.

14. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    If that's the case, then it is the tyres.

15. silvanob2

silvanob2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon
    Hello,
    Wanted to say thanks to the Sector3 team as now everything is working pretty good, the shared memory API works well (thanks to Mr.Belowski) interface is a bit lagy but i can live with that, physics are back to top notch apart from 4WD they need some fix, frame rates are back to normal and the error 503 is gone, at least for me.
    And the sounds are just great, this is what contribute for a really good immersion, very good work from the "Sound Magician" of Sector3.

Keep up the good work ;)

Silvano

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  16. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    dont just leave it with using MR B's ficx , contact your hardware vendor /software and get them to make a patch

17. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Call it "Mr B's grotty workaround hack", making it more urgent that these vendors / muppets get their fingers out and fix their stuff :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Still? We fixed those friday. Let us know if there's still an issue with those, because then I'm unaware of it.

19. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    As you can see from my posts above, there's something odd with Audi GTO (could be just the tyres). Nissan R32 works fine. Haven't tested other 4wds yet.

20. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    By some Leftclick with Mouse in Menü nothing happen , had then return from Game with Alt+F4 , after this error Mouse wont work in Windows (10,64bit) , have then to restart only with Reset buttom : (