Game is dying ... game was dying ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xon3, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    I really like the real life car liveries in R3E but I also like the own car livery design options and own car number system in iRacing. I would like have the same missing opportunities in R3E too.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  2. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    At least for running a league it should be possible to sign a specific livery to every driver for a season so you easily could identify everyone by its skin & number plate; if these are customizable or not doesn't matter that much. And it would be a good option for multiplayer and non league races, too, to have an option to select every livery just once for every participant (this could increase livery sales either ;) )

3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    having bought a livery and then not being able to use it because someone else already uses it would be nothing I would like.
    For private league races ok, but makes no sense for non-league and normal multiplayer.

And afaik when you drive in a league you have to register your desired car and livery and cannot switch it during a championship. And if it's already taken by someone else you have to use another one. That's how it worked in the pcars leagues where I drove... back then... last year... before I met R3E :-D

So there would be no use for devs investing time in programming such an option.. imho

4. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Sounds simple, but it's not. There are many teams out there racing in leagues with its own color scheme/design and sponsors. It's some kind of Corporate Identity. Racing with a default livery isn't an option for these teams.

And there are technical solutions, where you're not being forced to download skinpacks. Even Race07 was showing a default livery, if you had not downloaded and installed some custom skins. It's not an excuse for denying custom skin support at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I completely understand and appreciate why Sector3/Raceroom want R3E to be a locked-down, secure platform with no provision for modding whatsoever. I also appreciate that the sale of liveries is a nice little source of revenue. However, for R3E to become a serious e-sports platform, custom liveries are essential in my opinion. As you said, many leagues have teams with their own identities and even sponsorships.

Take the Race Department leagues, for example: they host four big leagues but not one is using R3E. That must be - at least in small part - due to the lack of custom livery support. I watched the RD GT3 Championship race @ Red Bull Ring on Saturday. They use Assetto Corsa. That should be Raceroom territory all day long given the range and quality of GT3 cars and tracks available in R3E.

Sector3/Raceroom should consider selling custom livery slots, even if they are for online use only. There must be a way of doing so without compromising the security and integrity of the game.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Cuba

Cuba Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    After initially giving up on R3E (it just didn't feel right), I recently tried it out again for the first time this month after watching a YouTube video taking about the FFB changes. I can say it has made a huge turn for the better! If you haven't put the game down for several months (almost a year) then all of a sudden try it out out again, you might not have noticed the huge improvements. I have been on this games for hours over the past two weeks, bought a bunch of DLC, and since joined this forum to connect to R3E community! I'm hooked!!! Best Sim!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alex Bonner

Alex Bonner Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    None really are. All have assists or game specific built in helpers that are not realistic what so ever. ESC to pits is not realistic is it, crash your car then grab a brand new shiny 1 for free with no penalties is not real is it, auto start and auto clutch I mean it's more a case of what you want to turn a blind eye to and in your own little world and class as a simulator. Your plastic FFB wheel with no clutch pedal is not really emulating what's real is it?

Pcars for me is not the most realistic with regards to handling and physics but run it in 12k surround at 90 fps and graphically it craps all over them all. So visually it's the most realistic title of them all and has the most amount of options for FFB ive ever seen. Im heavily into the BES on iracing and can tell you after 2 full seasons even the most hardcore of hardcore dont even come close to realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  8. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I kinda get the feeling that RR would like to create their own league structure with the implementation of their ranking system and as for teams that feel the necessity to promote their name then perhaps logo's could be applied via a custom layer for such events, Race 07 used to have our names displayed so can't imagine it's that difficult, unless of course for some reason the customisation of the core engine has made this impossible. Of course there may well be licensing issues, certain series may well want their cars represented as is and not with a Hello Kitty sticker emblazoned across their product, would still leave plenty of cars such as all the RR cars and I'd imagine most of the classic models available to butcher!
    Whether people like it or not there will only be more always online titles released as it is the present, if you don't have a good internet connection you surely don't buy an always online game o_O and having kept a keen eye (used daily since Jan 2013) connection issues are not a common occurrence, that's not to say it not a bummer when I can't connect but one thing I have learnt in life is nothing works all of the time, I am biased here as I am only really interested in Multiplayer but then that's why I purchased it in the first place and why I have stayed with RR as that is what it is, an online Racing Sim and after listening to the last Dev stream it appears it will be going yet further in that direction.
    The pricing structure seems to confuse people for which I have no idea why, you buy some vrp you then go spend it, if anyone thinks a car you get to keep for 3 squid (cup of coffee in Blighty) is too much then I'm not sure getting into racing is a good idea, for the time spent and enjoyment had there is nothing else I own that comes close to the value for money I get, maybe RR is not for the casual gamer or the penny pinchers out there but for community, quality and total immersion then you're in the right place!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Not trying to antagonise or anything (just being the lovable smartass as usual ^^), but what did you do for the first year and a half? ;)

10. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    It's not. The livery issue never entered into the decision.
    It's a mix of how RD is run internally, and the fact that when the league-season started, R3E was......*ahem*....less than stable. :D
    Granted, livery-creation would be nice. Personally, I couldn't care less since I have all the artistic talent of a half-blind badger, but I know it's a thing for some of the more serious racers.
    But we did do an unofficial (i.e. outside RD) league last Xmas season which was a great success despite the problems we had then with disappearing cars, weird result-exports and the like.
    So it's certainly not the lack of livery-creation that's stopping RD from running leagues with R3E.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    thank you for this post.
    This i have mentioned the same things over and over with a lot of those Iracing rabbid fanboy.
    These "games" are all games in the end. A bunch of codes , one and zeros and as all games they make us feel and do things, be it shooting someone in the face with a cannon in battlefield or Racing around in those racing titles.
    Some are trying harder than other to make us feel something that we would deem realistic, but the end result is always the same.
    ITS JUST A GAME !

• Like Like x 1
  12. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Was homeless, so not a lot! ;)