GetReal with or without Controllers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NL-Jos, Dec 13, 2016.

?

What difficulty should be played with controller?

1. Amateur

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Amateru and Novice

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. Amateru, Novice and GetReal

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Don't get me wrong, but i've got an question about the difficulty GetReal and the
    opportunity to play this with an Controller?
    I know that there are enough people who are fast with controllers but there are also a lot who drives as an robot.
    And to be honest, i don't give it a try to drive my own car (in get real modus) with a controller.
    Is it weird if I say that controllers should only be uses in amateur and novice modus?
    I'm curious about your opinion

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I love polls :D

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Sell your controller and get yourself a steering wheel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Supermini

Supermini Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that's weird. Why would S3 want to limit access? R3E plays great with a controller even in Get Real, and that's one of the reasons I love it.

How much do you think my controller is worth? :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    At first my apologies that i'm writing Amateur twice as Amature in the poll. (i look like an Amateur, :p)

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Isn't that really everything there is to say about this? So you want to punish those people because some others, who are less experienced, happen to use the same input device? I've come across wheel users who seemed to be in less control of their car than me with a gamepad, and I've seen people being unbelievably precise and nimble with a keyboard and/or mouse.

So if they introduced the possiblity to prohibit certain input devices from a game mode or from joining a dedi server, what would be the next step? People with direct drive wheels asking for people with "regular" wheels to be blocked because, from their pov, those have an inferior input device?

Personally, I like to handle this matter just like in real life traffic, the stronger party has to respect the rights and be considerate of the weaker party. If you see somebody's struggling, be patient, take your time and find a good spot to pass without danger. Afterall, that shouldn't be a problem for sb who's clearly quicker and in perfect control of his vehicle.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I've been waiting for your answer Christian, and your argument weighs heavily. But...

This is in fact already possible. Looks similar to this:

ladda ned.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Don't really understand why this is a "but"... Everybody running a dedi server and/or a league can define the rules of his league however he feels he wants to. No problem with that, if you're the "owner" of a server or association then you can adopt whatever rule you like and the people who feel ok with those can join. But Jos also suggested gamepad users to be blocked from Get Real, and that wouldn't be justifiable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I was a long time on controller, but when I finally bought wheel it star to enjoy and real funn. Of corse there are people who are artist on controller and others who don't wanna spend money on wheels ans equipment,but you can't judge them.
    I noticed that there's, on multiplayer a lot of "dangerous" drivers and I can recognize controller driver lots of times by car behaving. No smoothnes and a lots of instantly corrections that push me away from track.
    In SIM you can not restric or limit oher by using equipment. Especialy if You try to sell game.
    But some rules can be made in interest of all serious and good users.

My opinion!!!

10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    IMO - as long there is no additional smoothing or anything that would help controller, keyboard or Mouse-users to drive, Get Real should be open for every kind of controller.

Every limitation would lead to an additional splitting of the user-base.
    So maybe something like that should be limited to closed dedicated Servers. If it is easy to implement, maybe a special "Admin-Settings"-Tab can be activated for closed Servers, and there something like Controller-Restrictions could be integrated. Might be interessting for some leagues...

• Like Like x 1
  11. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I understand what you mean @Christian Göpfert, but to be honest.
    An racegame playing without an racewheel?
    It's looks like GranTurismo.:oops:
    I don't want to block players with a gamepad, realy.
    But i don't like to race in servers with a passwort for the reason to create an group of people who drive clean or fair (gamepad or not)
    In mine opinion, there are to many with a gamepad who can't ride clean and fair.
    The best would be that there would be a system such as iRacing or minor rating.
    Again, it's mine opinion. o_O

12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No problem with that, just giving my opinion as well, and that is mainly driven by the fairness aspect.
    If the developer or publisher decided to block people from using certain aspects of their product based on the fact that they use a certain type of supported input device, that could not be justified, simply because that would be arbitrariness. You'd have to explain to those people why they aren't allowed to use the product in the same way sb else is. And even if there were only one person who is perfect/serious/good with a gamepad or keyboard or a stick on a string then you couldn't justify excluding that person.
    Totally agree, because then all that matters is skill, and not the type of device one uses.
    Lets hope the rating system that is in the works will be finished sooner rather than later.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Yes, and he can exclude whomever he wants, such as those who have the wrong input device. Not by the software itself of course, he has to know.

14. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Lets hope together that this will come very very very soon.
    In that case ignore my poll. :)o_O

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Back in the days on GranTurismo I always played with a controller as you know Jos.. Only the last year or so i started with the dfgt.. i didnt have the space nor the knowledge of racing with a wheel. But unlike many others online i always try to avoid contact, doesnt matter gamepad of steeringwheel. and still it happens i occasionaly touch someone.. Although this rarely results in a crash.

So gamepad should be open for every level in my opinion. Plenty of people with wheels cause crashes as well.. We all have had to learn to be patient, and perfecting our skills across tracks along the way..

16. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0

That's correct Jona, and you know that you're wher absolutely not populair with your gamepad.
    We thought you're where playing al the time StarWars during GranTurismo.
    Since you drive with your wheel you become friends online.
    That cost you very much time but all went good together, because we (GET REAL RACING TEAM) have a great hart. :D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

17. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Lol.. Haha

18. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I use both wheel and gamepad and love both. I'm primarily using gamepad now because room where my wheel/pedals are is currently being remodeled, so I moved the Alpha out to the living room and use a Xbox 360 controller for a majority of the time. It's awesome.

19. G.Deurwaerder

G.Deurwaerder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    I prefer a steering wheel instead of a controller, imagine yourself if you miss the price at an online competition by a controller, as is the case at present lol hahahahhaha;):(:confused:

20. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    That actually should be the "Simracer's Declaration of Agreement" on top of each community portal, thus you always have those who are too eager to accept their own or their opponents limits and those who are too self-centered (arrogant) to show respect....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1