3D NVIDIA

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RIZZI, Sep 9, 2016.

1. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    I would like to know if Race Room is compatible with
    nVidia 3D Vision ,

Laurent

2. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Tried it some time ago, but I have motion sickness.
    But it worked.

3. Robert Bachmayer

Robert Bachmayer New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yep I use nvidia 3d vision 2 with a single Asus 27 inch 144hz monitor.
    It's great, I have a little strange shadow issue under the back of opponent cars, but the immersion is fantastic.
    I run at 90%.
    I have two additional 60 hz Asus 27 monitors, left and right for nvidia surround, but just can't go back to 5960x1080 bezel corrected resolution as the depth from 3d kills it.
    I would have to say that IMO r3e feels the best in 3d of all my racing games. Beats AC, ams, PCars and dirt rally, but I enjoy them all. I seriously keep trying my triple screen 2d setup but it's just lifeless compared to 3d. Eventually I will want to try oculus rift when I feel the time is right to part with my cash, oh and hopefully r3e will possibly have some support.

4. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yep
    I'am waiting for Occulus , look this vidéo
    i'am waiting a second génération
    the immersion is fantastic with nvidia 3D it's true but the FPS decreased and the color is dull
    Sorry i try to write in English but it's very bad in kow -:)

5. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    3d vision works great , and doesn't bother me too much. Takes alot of horsepower to run on 3 screens so I had to go back to regular (have gtx770) . It does darken the image but it's acceptable.

6. Robert Bachmayer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    In case this is of any help to anyone out there.
    Yesterday I updated my w10 to version 6700?? Something.a anniversary update.
    Well my 3d got screwed for r3e only.
    AMS, AC, dirt rally and PCars still worked as expected, only exiting AMS beta would lock up and not respond requiring a power cycle to fix.
    The right eye would flicker and go black when in r3e, could play with vsync and res settings to sometimes get 3d working again but fps were terrible.
    Tried different drivers, even reinstalled 20+ gig of raceroom, still hopeless.
    I recently updated to an ssd, so dropping back to my hdd and a little updating has fixed it, w10 is the older version 5??? Something.
    Anyhow wasted a day because of w10. anniversary update :(

7. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    nVidia 3D VISION don't work now
    There is a few month it's worked ? Why no now?
    Sorry for my bad English

8. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    hey Robert I have vr Rift now but I used to have the same monitor and Nvidia3D glasses as you ... I never tried RRRE but I used to love playing rFactor2 and I agree it was very immersive and great fun to drive using that setup. However if you do get the chance to try out a properly setup VR system you will be amazed just how great it is as a step up from 3D and you will definitely want one, especially as you already love 3D. cheers mate and have fun, hope you get it working again.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Robert Bachmayer

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yeah mate, all good working great. OR still on the list for me.

• Like Like x 1