Bug 720s gt3 sound volume changing

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nico Kunze, Nov 2, 2023.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Does anybody know where the sound file(s) for a car are located? Id like to delete one to then verify files via steam and redownload it to see if that changes anything but i havent been able to find the file(s)

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I think Steam checks contents of the files, so if a file is different than what it should be (corrupted, for example) then it will be downloaded again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    If thats the case then it looks like there isnt anything wrong with my files. But i find it hard to believe that the behaviour is as intended or nobody else has mentioned this before. In the 720s gt3 the volume is extremely low for some parts of the track and normal on others, the difference being way too big for it to just be some reverb or whatever. Maybe @Anthony Monteil can help on this (i could upload a video in the evening and post my sound settings if that helps)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    What track, for example? I might check it myself.
    Renaming Simbin folder doesn't help?

5. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Last time i tried it on spa gp but its happened whenever ive driven it anywhere (which to be fair hasnt been often but i think interlagos and hockenheim gp were among the other tracks ive tried)
    Havent tried that yet, will give it a go later

6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Well just recorded a short clip, when opening that file from the file explorer you can still hear it, once its uploaded to youtube you no longer can. So heres a phone recording of the recorded clip :D

Sounds goes very quiet when entering the bus stop chicane and goes back to normal right around eau rouge, then stays normal for the rest of the lap.
    Also just did a couple laps around donington gp, hockenheim gp and interlagos. Didnt really notice anything on donington, the other two definitely suffered from the same that happens on spa. Looking at where on track it typically occurs it could be related to the walls/grandstands being closer but ive never noticed anything like this in any other car

Attached Files:

7. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Same for me. Spa GP, around pit entry and pit exit there are issues with the sound. Driving out of the pits also has a problem with reverb.

Try changing reverb in settings, maybe that will serve as a workaround.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Good to know its not just on my side but then im really surprised nobodys ever brought this up :D
    Will play around with it next time i drive

9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that's strange... It's not the most popular car, but some people do drive it anyway.

10. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I noticed the same phenomenon at Bathurst with this car.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    can we all mention what sound settings we are running ; stereo /5:1 /7:1 etc

Andi

12. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Mine are already attached above just in case you missed them

13. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Here's mine. Don't think I ever changed those. Gotta try resetting it to default in case something changed since then.

upload_2023-11-6_1-17-3.png