Question A couple of issues......

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Caledonian Wolf, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Hope someone can point me in the right direction here. For some reason I'm not getting any lap time displayed as I cross the start/finish line in qualifying or in a race or in practice. I'm not getting fastest laps displayed during races and I'm also not getting any positions displayed as cars cross the line at the end of a lap. Any thoughts?

Secondly, is there anyway to delete all the controllers stored in the game. I can't get rid of my old G25 as default controller from "in game" options,so can I delete a file/folder some where?

Thanks in advance.

2. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    You can turn on/off timing bar and the rest you want in options / HUD settings.

for your wheel, you can delete this file. you get rid of all the old controllers
    C:\Users\peter\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\device_statistics

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    For the first part about lap times. The first thought that comes to mind is... are you actually completing a valid lap? If you go a bit too far off track, or cut a corner, it will invalidate your time and therefor will not be displayed.

Does this happen every single lap for you, in every different mode? Single player, practice, leaderboards, MP?

The 2nd question... You can manually delete your custom wheel profile, yes. Just make sure that if you delete it, you know you will have to start over from scratch when you make future changes. As in, you will have to rebind all of your buttons, and adjust the FFB strength and all the other sliders all over again. So maybe make a back up of the file so you can go back to it if you need to.

To delete the file though, go to: My documents-->my games-->SimBin-->RaceRoom Racing Experience-->User Data-->Control Set

This folder will contain all of your saved controller profiles. The file type is an "RCS" file just for reference. Im not exactly sure what the "rcs.old" does, but I believe it is an irrelevant old file that can be deleted safely.

Edit: Ninja'd by Peter... :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Only thing to happen if you delete device_statistics, is that the game found new devices witch you don't have to use. You can still use the old control sets.
    Control sets named old happens after a ffb update when you have to make new control sets. You can delete these.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Nate, thanks for the response. The lack of lap time happens no matter what mode I'm in, practice/race/multiplayer. It's just gone!
    No fastest lap notices either.

I will get those control files sorted.

You are a star.

6. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    e97a6faf5544ef836fe01f262bf3cef2.jpg 5a8c5b2ffa41520c5dab25ae75663387.jpg 70e3670dfc768a5ac8ea804fb7b6e37f.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Try what Peter is showing. Go into the game options, and click on HUD Settings. In there, turn on the position bar and in game overlays.

This should have a bar that appears on top of the screen at all times that will keep track of your current lap time, as well as the best lap you complete in the session.

If after doing this, you still dont have laps being recorded or displayed on screen, perhaps you can post a screen shot of what you see when you finish a lap.

Peter's advice should take care of this for you though :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Caledonian Wolf

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Peter, Nate.
    You will need to forgive my buffoonery. Perhaps I was more stoned last night than I thought. Overlays were indeed switched off.

You know racing real cars is a lot easier than this sim business. Goddamit!

Again. Thanks to you both.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    That brings me to a little issue with DTM 15 I encounter during the Wintercup: The Dashboard sometimes doesn't show the split times (mostly after sector one) and the laptime counter doesn't count, while the HUD(and the position bar) keeps working normally (green/yellow split times)...as the dashboard sometimes doesn't show anything when online...(just have to rejoin mostly but even that fails to work here and there)....