Problem A Different Black Screen Problem

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Loyal_Looper, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Loyal_Looper

Loyal_Looper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am having an odd issue with my game that is similar but different to a lot of other issues I've found searching the forum. When I am just getting started playing, after about 5-10 minutes, my screen will turn black for about 3-5 seconds and then the game window minimizes and shoots me to the desktop. If I click on the raceroom icon in the taskbar, it puts me right back into the game, right where I was.

So the game isn't crashing, it is just minimizing, with a black screen first. This always happens during driving, whether it be practice, quali, and in single player, multiplayer (online), competition, hotlap, any mode. The controls, sound, and everything still work. I can hear and feel my car leave the track and slow it down or steer it into a wall so that people behind me don't get taken out. Makes it tough to do races when I can't see anything.

Anyone else run into this issue or have any ideas as to why this could be happening? I usually have CrewChief, Discord, and the Steam window open when I am playing. When the game minimizes and shoots me to the desktop, nothing else has popped up or opened, just the apps I had open already. And none of those windows pop up. If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them. Thanks.

2. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    either something is taking focus, check to see whats on top or a gpu driver.
    are you on full exclusive fullscreen?

3. Loyal_Looper

Loyal_Looper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I looked in the task manager as soon as the game kicked me out to the desktop and nothing was running other than the normal programs, and raceroom was by far the highest GPU user. Also, I have it set to full screen in game, is there anything else to do for that?

I'll take a look and make sure I have all of my drivers updated as well. Thanks for the suggestions.

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Can you put full system specs cpu gpu driver version for gpu and all other hardware / controllers

Andi

5. Loyal_Looper

Loyal_Looper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Happened again tonight after updating gpu drivers last night. This time it wasn't the first session, but the second session I joined when it happened.

Here are my system specs. Let me know if I miss anything:
    i7-9700K, Asus Prime Z390-A, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR-3200, Crucial P1 M2.2280 NVME SSD, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, Fanatec CSR wheel and pedals, LogitechK400 wireless keyboard, Razer Cynosa V2, Razer Deathadder v2

Thanks.

6. Loyal_Looper

Loyal_Looper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, GeForce driver version 497.09 too.

7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Try 496.76

8. Loyal_Looper

Loyal_Looper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Went back and installed this one and so far so good, black screen didn't happen to me tonight. Thanks!

9. Loyal_Looper

Loyal_Looper New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Guess I was only lucky, happened again today after being in a session for about 2 laps. I'll mess around with having other apps open / closed and see if I can see if a specific app is causing issues.