A few musings about the prototype class(es)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodger Davies, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Hi there. So, a while ago I make some notes about the GTR3 class and its future and it's been great to follow the development of it since. The original thread is here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...ts-on-the-gtr3-class-and-offline-racing.1780/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (shots stolen from Duke E. Brown's posts in this thread)

Recently, we've seen a few previews for the Audi R18 and this week some great new liveries for the DMD prototype cars appeared, and it got me thinking about the future of this class. I wasn't really sure where to jot them down, so thought I'd make this thread. Like the GTR3 post, it's not meant as a list of demands, it’s just some personal preferences that I decided to have a ramble about.

1. I'm looking forward to the inclusion of the Audi in the game and wondering where it fits. For me, the preference would be to include it within a newly made Prototype 1 class with the two fictional coupes. If so, it would be great to see the Radicals moved into a Prototype 2 class with the other open ones.
    2. If the aim is to include the Audi in the same class as some of the fictional cars, it would be great to see them updated a little to match the same 'ruleset' (the 2011 one), which would mean adding Big Honking Fins to any cars in that P1 class.
    3. The GTR logo inclusion is interesting. It actually looks a bit dated, but it will be interesting to see if this is the start of something else connected to the GTR brand. I hope that any cars that join them in the class can have matching number plate graphics and the ‘old’ ones can be updated too.
    4. I notice that the closed cars have red ‘GTR’ decals and the open ones have blue; hopefully this is a sign that the two will be split into a P1 and P2 class in future.
    5. Some really interesting sponsors; I guess we’re advertising Martini Clothing and Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce here? However you've done it, great job.
    6. Inclusion of brands like Canon, Panasonic, Gulf etc is interesting. In some ways this looks great, but in reality it’s rare to find many modern prototypes adorned with these sorts of sponsors, so it takes away from realism to have too many. For my personal tastes, it would be nice to have a few sponsored liveries and a few non-sponsored ones.
    7. Especially in the case of ‘big sponsor’ teams, multiple cars would make sense. It just looks like a really disjointed, strange grid without two-car teams. In my ideal world, a mix of one- and two-car teams would be ideal, but I'd be interested if anyone else has any thoughts on this.
    8. As with the GT3s, it would be superb if you would be able to implement the GT Masters driver swap feature into the main Raceroom base for this pack.

Anyway, seeing yet more progress is superb and I really look forward to finding out what comes next with this, and all other classes.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I would prefer to simply have free choice of cars in the race I set up, SP. Means: total freedom multiclass, everything else to me is just unneeded compromise. That way everybody can mix things to his liking.

On the Mirages, Radicals and the - what were the third ones called? - : driving them is big fun.

3. Gorgoms

Gorgoms Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Interesting post Rodger, I wish that we finally we will have at least a p1 like class and a p2 like into prototypes. Waiting for the new protos (r18, something else?) and i hope that the existing fictional protos will have new physics and perhaps and increase of performance to achieve R18 power and speed. Finally we need the capacity to select rules for custom championship to be able to do an endurance championship. Maybe we will have the possibility to edit rules with deep details (number and duration of practice and qualifying, superpole, 1 or 2 races, lap or time races, edit time of races from 5 minutes to 24h, unlimited laps per race, pitstops, mandatory pitstops or not, kind of pitstop, changes of driver with ia or user, selectable tyres set...). Finally if we have weather changes (with the random option) and dynamic day/night cycles we will have the "real" sucessor for gtr2... Waiting also for groupc class, nissan was teased or not? Regards....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    I hope lemans is coming in the Future

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    ELMS as Experience would be cool...! :sunglasses: