A few questions about the Adaptive AI

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von GregoryLeo, 6. April 2016.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I've been wondering about some observations I've had around the adaptive ai.
    First: exactly how and when are the adaptive ai updated? Is it an average of my total laps on that track with that car? Is there a general setting accumulated from my entire experience? Or is it something like my last 20 laps with this car on this track?
    Because it almost seems like if I spend a bunch of time with one car and get really dialed in with it. Then when I switch to a different car that I have no experience with. The ai run circles around me for the first little while.
    Also do I have to exit a track for the ai to get updated? Or does the game update after a practice or qly session in a full race? Without leaving the track.
    Second: do the ai adapt to a persons driving style? I.e. The more aggressive you are the more aggressive they become and so on.
    Because I tend to be a conservative racer. And try to drive as clean as possible. Maybe it's just me projecting, but it seems like they become more conservative and cleaner racers the longer I spend with any one series. Or is it me adapting to them.
    And finally: Are there different personallities within any series? Like rocky's ai is more agressive than agusto's in the dtm.
    Anyway this strictly curiosity questions. :)
    I personally think the ai in this game are the best ever developed.
    And any answers aren't going to change that opinion. :cool:

Zuletzt bearbeitet: 6. April 2016
  2. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I am no expert, so I may not be exactly correct. Ai will need 2-3 full races only to adapt to you, and I believe the more you race with them on a track in the same class cars to more they adjust to you. But you may also be finding that you have learned to work with their style also so that you are having fewer incidents with them. Practice and qualify do not count.
    So for each track and each class of car you will have to do a series of races for them to get your pace, and I believe this is more a lap pace, so the cleaner you drive and the more consistent you are the easier it will be for them to adjust to you.
    Hth
    Have a great day!
    Rich

3. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your response. I know that it takes several times to get really dialed in. I was wondering about some more specific stuff, about the timing and particular how's and when's.

4. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hijack your thread OP but does the game record the adaptation stuff from my driving with AI set at a specific difficulty? Or does it do it only when you use adaptive AI?

5. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    From what I've read in the past. The game constantly records your lap times. So you if drive with specific settings. Then switch to adaptive and it will use your info to create the correct strength.
    P.S. Your not high jacking. It's an open discussion.

• Informative Informative x 1