A plea to server owners

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by theravenousbeast, Mar 22, 2016.

1. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Please, please combine the similar race series on your server. It really tilts me when I see a full GT3 server and I (and others I would guess) can't join with an ADAC GT car. Same with the modern DTMs. There is absolutely no reason not to do this.

Put 2013 DTM together with '14 or '15. Or at least '14 with '15 if the '13 cars are that different.
    GT3 with ADAC GTs '13 and '14.
    DTM 1992 with Touring Classics (this is the only combo that I've seen actually used)
    WTCC 2014 together with the upcoming '15 cars when it comes out.

No one likes opening up the server browser and seeing three different GT3 servers with 5 people on each.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    The Goose Sprint GT is running both GT3 & ADAC14 with 12 short circuit tracks in rotation! :)

Give me a list of cars/tracks and I will put it up for you, plenty of spare server space!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Last week i did the DTM "years" together, but it was not a noticeable difference in interest. I also reunite the WTCC years, but also little interest from the community. The "open" MP community is so small, that there is no filling from many servers possible.

Only Portimoa en Raceroom Raceway are in public servers populair, i got last week only on that server many races and over 200 players.

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    The DTM13,14,15 and WTCC 13,14 together in a MP-Server could be difficult as the cars are quite different. And so, the most uses the latest and fastest cars and nobody wants to drive alone at the back of the field.

TC + DTM92 seems to work good together, same with ADAC 13,14 + GTR3. There were some servers available but seems that some of them (especially the GT3-Servers) are gone...

5. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    We run WTCC 13 and 14, the 2013 cars give the faster guys a challenge and if not combining all the GT3 cars with ADACs we always add the RUF and Alpina. Sometimes seem to be server issues when we add all the GT3 cars to the ADACs.

6. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Agree, but everybody doesn't own all content this give them more servers to drive on. And we might get more people on the servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rik Fast

Rik Fast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0

That was my intention also to give faster drivers a opportunity to pick a slower car. With this system you could have a fun race with different skill levels, sadly on open servers this concepts is not doable.

But this is not the real problem though, RR needs a bigger base in MP. When you have a different taste then you need to find a league to support it, otherwise there is literally nothing to race against accept for AI.

8. m1ndgames

m1ndgames New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I've heard your plea :)

Just look out for the Servers tagged [MR]

• Like Like x 1