A positive note on performance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Badgerous, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I bought ACC for a second time earlier in the Steam sales having refunded it a while back due to piss-poor VR performance.. I spent a significant part of today trying pretty much all permutations of the visual settings, combined with running it through both Oculus and SteamVR configurations, only to find that while it may be better than it was, the level of sacrifice demanded to get a solid framerate with other cars is just not worth it. I got decent looking results at 45/ASW running solo, but well, what's the point in that?

I then hopped into RR ~1hr ago for a blast, and it was like hopping into a comfy pair of shoes. It may not have all the bells and whistles of other engines/sims, but I just had an absolute belter of a 20-lap 18-car DTM race at Zandvoort at a rock-solid 90fps throughout. I've certainly spent my time here on all the various visual configurations as well, but I know where my main 'levers' are, and as long as I stay within certain limitations I know I'm gonna get a great looking and very stable experience.

Bravo to the devs for ringing everything they can out of this aging engine, and should any engine upgrades happen in the future, I hope the emphasis is every bit as much on further improving performance than it is on throwing in more features.

(2070/i9700/CV1)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1