About time they add a free car to the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MsportDan, May 4, 2016.

1. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    We have had a lot of DLC and updates which I'm sure we are all grateful.. How about S3 give a little back to the fan base with a free car..?

Everything seems to be vrp vrp and bloody vrps, how about a little bonus guys? :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I would take the 458 GT3.

• Like Like x 2
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Are you thinking about an existing car given away for free or an upcoming one?

I don't see either happening but the former is more problematic when customers have already paid for said car. I remember paying for Portimao and then shortly after it was made free to play.

They could certainly give away some liveries.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    BTW a great track. But the time penalties given in the last loooong right curve is a little bit annoying.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Much underrated. If you want an example of a modern track done well with all the right ingredients....Portimao is it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I suppose its got to be a car that doesn't cost a license to produce (so they can make returns). Something like the Formula Junior would of been ideal!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    A while back the made the LMP1 style cars all free, that was not too long ago if I remember correctly.

But it could be 6 months ago even, I have no perception of time.

8. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yes.
    But the last corners penaltisation is a bad joke.

9. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    The free cars they already offer are amongst the best in the game, with up to date handling and FFB. I'd much prefer that they devote their limited resources to producing content and improving the game to attract more customers and keep the game fiscally secure.
    Please don't let's turn this thread into another business model discussion.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I would prefer if they made Portimao paid again, but instead rotate one track every week or two which would be free to everyone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Honestly at this point i'm all for whatever helps R3E succeed as a game and business, to ensure as a fan of the game it stays around a long time and continues to get better. More business for them should equal more cool stuff for us.

To me it seems like maybe making a DTM 92 car free would show alot of folks how fun to drive this sim can be, with the idea being it should generate revenue as they by the rest of the DTM cars and ultimately more content

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I would rather see that time\money spent on an animated steward and flag system, or you know whatever else the game is missing.
    On a single free car that on its own probably wouldnt make a difference on the conversion rate from free to paid, no keep it, give me a proper chat system.

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Just give every active member 300vrp if the steam stats reach 1000 active users :D

• Like Like x 3
  14. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Competitions.

By now a lot of the cars in the game have been available for free via those and there's always sth there for free that usually isn't.
    Just sayin

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I don't like free stuff, and that's why I rarely drive free cars. I've bought all the content because I love it and enjoy it, I don't want anybody to be grateful for that. I pay for what I want and the only thing I want back is the service and the game itself to work properly.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    On the same token, it bugs me when people expect everything to be free. They probably grew up with Napster on the leap pad or something, but Damn, people work hard for software and music, if they are requesting payment, either pay up or don't buy it and quit your moaning (not you of course, those types I mean)

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Before I went full in on the game, that was how I experienced most of it.

I got drunk, drove a bunch of cars, had fun....bought the T-shirt. Now, here I am.

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  18. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    To make some people happy why not add the VW beetle let them have it for free or....
    naaaa... on second thought... xxxx that! There is enough free as it is IMO...

19. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I sort of agree, a lot of people bought them but most aren't playing them anymore.So maybe that would bring interest Back and we would get more race with that class online.

20. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Did like 10-12 MP races yesterday with the DTM 92 there is plenty using them might be you are not looking for the races, I am using them all the time mostly SP but gladly join a server with good drivers using them :D

• Like Like x 1