Ackerman Angle Setting

Dieses Thema im Forum "General Discussion" wurde erstellt von DriftMachine, 28. Juli 2016.

1. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I would like to add Ackerman Angle to the list of settings.

Ackerman Angle set to about 0
    Steering lock 40 to 50 in game
    Caster
    Around 7 degrees or so on most cars. Caster really helps a drift car by making it self-steer better. When you start to drift, you can let go of the wheel and car will counter faster than if you were steering it. Caster also gives you more negative camber as the wheel turns which helps front grip. More caster helps the car turn in better and makes the car more stable as well. You don’t want to exceed 9 degrees of positive caster as this can actually cause understeer due to weight jacking as well as contribute to bump steer.

Most cars have 2 to 4 degrees of Ackerman Angle. Drift cars are generally 0 to 1 degree Ackerman Angle. Its a setting most would not use, but the few drifters out there would love this setting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ackermann_steering_geometry

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    So damn true and I have asked to get caster angle seting for the cars for as long as I played this game, it is a vital seting for the car handling and it baffles me that it is not in the car seting. All race car have a changable caster angle.
    Shore hope we get it in the game to.. yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I am gonna guess it is more likely to get caster adjustments added long before ackermann, only because it is used more often than ackermann adjustments.
    Fingers crossed we at least get the caster setting added.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yea shore hope so caster is a very important seting and it is not the same from track to track.... keeping fingers crossed.. :D

5. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    the caster setting is still a must for the R3E setup window / garage ... just like the tire pressure, tire variant, weight and fuel option ... and the track bar with tape for upcoming Stock Car action :)

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 10. August 2016