ADAC GT 2014 Pit stops - Tyre changes?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ozcanuck55, Apr 20, 2015.

1. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Been running a championship with shorter races ( 15 min) and in the manditory pit stop, you only have the option of "Tyre Rotation".
    This seems to be manditory on every stop, whether you change drivers or not. Of course as you must change drivers once anyway and the stops are a minimum of 60 seconds, I always do a driver change and rotation.
    That's the only strategy you can use, besides repairing damage or not.
    On longer races, do you get an option to not rotate tyres ( driver change only) or to "change" tyres? I can't imagine these cars going an hour on 1 set of tyres.

2. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Went to the source - 2015 GT Masters regs....no tyre changes allowed in pit stops! ( except for replacing damaged tyres, rotating allowed) Amazing! Better save those tyres.......
    I also noticed that teams with a "Gentleman" driver get a points bonus over those with Semi-Pro or Pro drivers.
    I believe that the RRE version assumes "Gentleman" drivers as team members and drops the AI skill level for one of the AI crew. Is that true?

3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Just as additional Information: Tyrechange isn't allowed in GT Masters since i know that champoinship (2009). It is only allowed to change tirepressure, switching tires from left to right or change if there are damaged.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    hello
    - can I change the driver during the pitstop and so swap me with an AI driver as GTR2 allows?
    - how long a race is in reality?

5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Real races are one hour with a mandatory stop and driver change as per the rules of the game.

6. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    ok for one hour races
    but as regards driver swapping, in GTR2 I do 3 h races, the first hour I have the control of the car, the 2nd hour AI take control, and in the 3rd I have again the control, so, yesterday night I did a race of one hour, after half an hour I did the pitstop, but at the exit I had stil the control of the car, in few words there wasn't been the driver swap...offcourse it was setting right

7. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    When you do a driver change you'll notice your driver name changes and adds a (2) after it. the AI won't control your car.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    ah ok, so it works different comparing to GTR2, thanks