ADAC GT Masters 2020 pack is finally here

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maskerader, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    ADAC 2020 is finally available in the store. And also a repacked ADAC 2018.

@J-F Chardon Why's there no announcement on the forums? Please do not move to social media. I mean it's cool and stuff and has its purpose, but this is an official forum. Important information about the updates and new content should always be available here and not over there in the places designed for a meaningless chit-chat.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  2. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't agree more. By all means post on social media far and wide to promote the game, but this site should remain the go-to official 'place of record' for all things Raceroom.

Yesterday I went into the game and discovered:

* Vålerbanen was now available
    * Opel Astra now available
    * ADAC 2020 pack available with a new Merc and a new Bentley.

This is all great - but can we please have it announced here (AND anywhere else deemed appropriate).

NB this is not an angry rant ;):) - just my 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Alas, I was hoping for a cheap upgrade to the new Bentley, but it is full price as new car. No worries though, I got the Corvette C.7 skin for $0.35....I also discovered I could buy the "American Track Pack" and get Watkins Glen for $2.95 as I already had the other tracks. So, for about 3 bucks I'm in with ADAC 2020 and hooning around Watkins Glen. Bargain. I do want the Bentley though........

4. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    It has been said before why the forums are often a bit left behind, mostly due to the devs being more active on platforms like Discord then the forums. It also does not help that a lot of people do not check forums anymore. It’s not the highest priority that it once was back in the early days of the internet.

Given that the Bentley is a new car, and not just a reskin, it sold for full price in the same way the other updated GT3 cars are.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. David tabone

David tabone Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I always check both discord and this

6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Forums = Facebook = Old people
    Discord = Tiktok = kids

However, you´re leaving money on the table if you forget about the older people.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. David tabone

David tabone Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I'm 35 and had no idea what discord was until I got told to join raceroom one lol

8. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I'm 47 an have never had a Facebook account but I agree with your point :)

9. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I found that the pack is relatively cheap. After having purchased my favourite liveries of Audi, BMW, Corvette and Porsche I checked for the pack and it was only about 540 virtual race points for all the remaining liveries and Bentley and new Mercedes, so I took that as well! I don´t know what the original price would be given you had all other content before.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I understand why it happens, but I strongly disagree that is should be that way. Just because devs are "active" somewhere else or that less percentage of people visit forums these days doesn't mean that the official forum - the official forum of all things - should be overlooked.

Twitter and Discord are not a valid substitute for forums. They are made for completely different things - short simple messaging and reactions. Forums are were people go to looking for information and valuable discussions.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  11. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Yes, try to talk about a problem on discord. Then plenty of kiddish comments are coming, twenty of GIFs and in two minutes your question isn't seeable anymore.

I think it's the least structurated thing for developing such as sector 3 should do.

And I think this slows the structurated development a bit down for Raceroom.

But who am I.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Same , only charged for the content not owned. Honest Raceroom. Thank you I like that. Rfactor 2 Studio 397 would have charged for the full pack even if I already purchased 90% previously. Greedy Dishonest 397 . dislike that. :)

13. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Bethesda Game Studios even closed their official forums lately and moved to Discord. Hopefully sector3 won't do such a dick move.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to say the same.

15. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I'm not a fan of Discord. All too often information gets buried.

About the ADAC 2020 pack... More specifically, the Bentley. Its amazing. I just tested it at Spa, and I like it a lot. Way better than the Bentley GTR3. The car doesn't feel like a land badge, and it did everything I told it to do, without any drama. It made driving Spa feel easier than usual. I almost want to drive it for the rest of the night!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    After some testing, I have the impression, that GT Masters 2020 cars and/or drivers are in general a good deal faster and a tad more agressive then their GT3 "brethren". In AI competition with the GT3 Group cars, I rank usually between 5. and 8. with the Zakspeed AMG GT3. When having a competition with GT Masters, taking the Knauf AMG Evo, I can be happy not to be the last of the pack (32. through 34. ! )
    Same track, more or less same speed...and I always use "Adaptive" as AI level.

17. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if Adaptive AI treats GT Masters and GTR3 as the same class. If it doesn't, that can explain the difference.

Another thing to consider is that GT3 class doesn't seem to be balanced to the same level, only the cars that run in GT Masters 2018 and GT Masters 2020 are balanced close to each other. Simply put, racing against a field of M6, R8, 911 R, AMG is not the same as racing against a mixture of Mustang, McLaren, SLS, GT-R...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steve Redfox

Steve Redfox Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I understand to some degree, but then again, if taken 35 cars out of each sample ( Gt Masters 2020 and GTR3 all 19 ) the GTR3 group includes even stronger, non balanced cars ...und still the GT 2020 come out ahead..at least at Brno...will check this tomorrow with other tracks....have a good one...:)

19. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    No, they are weaker, that's the thing.

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes but surely AI drive to a given laptime not to the limits of the car itself, right?