Resolved ADAC GT masters EXPERIENCE 2014: offline version does not offer mandatory pitstops/AI does not pit

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Wolfgang, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello SECTOR3,

first of all, I am a big fan of simbin games from day one and play everything from Race07 to GTR2 to DTM EXPERIENCE and like it a lot!

Before I bought the retail boxed game ADAC GT masters EXPERIENCE 2014 I was told, that both the online steam version as well as the OFFLINE version would offer mandatory pitstops AND that's why I bought the retail boxed version in the first place, because I do prefer offline racing whenever possible in games!

But after installing the OFFLINE version of the retail boxed game ADAC GT masters EXPERIENCE 2014 and playing a few races (even a 60-minute-race) I noticed that the AI does not pit at all! Never ever!

Then I installed the retail online steam version of ADAC GT masters EXPERIENCE 2014 as well and noticed a big difference.

While in the options screens of the ONLINE version there is an option to either choose or disable mandatory pitstops, this option however does NOT exist in (at least my) retail OFFLINE retail boxed game ADAC GT masters EXPERIENCE 2014. Nowhere to be found.

In the ONLINE version, even in a 10-minute race, pit window opens after a few minutes and the AI does pit.
    In the OFFLINE version there is NO pit window opening message ever and the AI does NOT pit at all!

Could YOU, SECTOR3, PLEASE look into and SOLVE this issue/bug of missing mandatory pitstops in the retail boxed game OFFLINE version ADAC GT masters EXPERIENCE 2014, because racing without pitting AI is pretty much useless (that's by the way the one big issue about RaceRoomExperience, that you still do not offer mandatory pitstops that force the AI to pit, which makes RaceRoomExperience pretty much useless to me right now and why I bought DTM and ADAC in the first place!)

Thank you in advance for your (hopefully) upcoming response and solution/bugfix regarding the missing mandatory pitstops of OFFLINE retail boxed game ADAC GT masters EXPERIENCE 2014

2. Joshua Spann Jr

Joshua Spann Jr Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    First of all. thanks for your purchase and the issue you are having will be checked, but I'm afraid it will have to wait until after the weekend

3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I had no idea that there was a Retailed box version of ADAC GTM!

4. Joshua Spann Jr

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
  5. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Cool!

6. Wolfgang

Wolfgang New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have to add a few things: I am talkingh about GET REAL in both versions.

I just drove another (offline) race. No pitstopping AI:
    No option to turn MANDATORY PITSTOPS on or off.
    No option to turn TYRE WEAR on or off.

And I noticed more differences between offline/online game.

ONLINE max. AI opponents is 18
    OFFLINE max. AI oponents is 21 BUT three cars are doublettes meaning there are TWO cars number 14 with the same AI driver names (M.Asmer/F.Spengler) , TWO cars number 23 with the same AI driver names (M.Engel/J.Seyffarth),
    TWO cars number 24 with the same AI driver names (T.Enge/A.von Thurn und Taxis) .

No screenhots right now, BUT the options screens of ONLINE game and OFFLINE game look totally different AND like I said, in MY OFFLINE version there are no options to turn on or off mandatory pitstops as well as tyre wear. These options are both are both missing in MY offline version..

7. AMarkham40

AMarkham40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    The reason you are seeing duplicates is there are only 18 cars available besides yourself in ADAC 2014. When the number of AI exceeds the amount of available cars it provides duplicates in the race. Same thing happens if you try to run more than 16 AI cars with the WTCC 14 add-on.

8. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

I just checked the Offline-version here in the office and can confirm that there is a mandatory pit stop option. However, it requires you to scroll through the options in the menu wheel while in the Single Race or Championship menu. It is not very apparent that this menu can be scrolled, so this is easily missed.

So, if you scroll the menu so that the mandatory pit stop option becomes visible and you turn it on(It defaults to 'Off'), the AI should now start pitting.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Wolfgang

Wolfgang New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I do NOT understand WHAT EXACTLY you mean to "scroll through the menu".. I checked EVERY option und sub option I could find in the menu of either single race or championship. When you say SCROLL what do you MEAN exactly? I scrolled with the mouse, with the mouse wheel etc. - no secret option window with mandatory pitstops opened.

MAYBE you please could explain what you MEAN with this scrolling things and maybe you please have a screenshot of this OFFLINE mandatory pitstop option for me, please?

In MY offline version, when I choose SINGLE RACE the next screen that shows up looks like this (and there I checked every sub option and tab I could find, but not see any mandatory pit stop options

Attached Files:

10. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    "Scrolling" is when you roll the scroll wheel (Also called mouse wheel, usually found between the left and right mouse buttons on your computer mouse) up or down. This is usually used to go up or down through a long list , or to the top/bottom of websites such as this one.

In the game, if you hold the mouse cursor over the options in the Single Race or Championship menu and roll the mouse wheel towards yourself you should see that the options in the menu move and new options are revealed. You can see in the image I have attached that the mandatory pit stop option is now visible after I have scrolled in the menu.

Attached Files:

11. Wolfgang

Wolfgang New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    First of all: THANK YOU.

Second of all: I DO of course know what "mouse scrolling" means in general (like I said, AFTER your reply https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...ory-pitstops-ai-does-not-pit.2232/#post-21660 that I in fact DID scroll my mouse on that option. Just not over that start field, because I had no reason why in the first place...

Which brings me to third: you said it yourself, I quote you now: "It is not very apparent that this menu can be scrolled, so this is easily missed".

I cannot imagine anyone looking on that options screen would easily by himself come the idea that there are more "hidden" sub options and that one should just put the mouse over the "start" field and scroll the mouse wheel to find out that there are more options one can choose from and play around with.

WHY did you not just leave the options screens the exact same way, they look in online steam version for the OFFLINE version the exact same design as well, where ALL the options can easily be seen, accessed and played around with in ONE screen!???

I bet a l lot of people who buy the retail version will be dissapointed that they do not have mandatory pitstops and will maybe never find out, that they can toy around with the options screens by putting the mouse over start field and scroll mouse wheel to get "hidden" options and hidden mandatory pitstops.

Remember: there are not only "hardcore" gamers around, who play 24/7 and find out the access code of Scrooge McDuck's gold vault in a second after they read the first Disney-comic page..

I bought the retail games DTM 2014 and ADAC 2014 together for 60 Euros (!) retail price and I was VERY dissapointed for the last three or four days, when I realized, that there where no mandatory pitstops to be found and the 60 Euros where pretty much money blown through the roof by me.

NOW after your thankful suggestion and explanation of this scrolling over start field in the options,
    I AM of course VERY happy with the two OFFLINE games, since I love offline gaming and racing the most.

HOWEVER the three-day-hassle and dissapointed with missing mandatory pitstops was frustating. Of course this is not world war 3 and not greece/euro crisis or really "important" issues like that, BUT it was VERY frustrating.

MY SUGGESTIONS would be:

1.) change options screens back to old (steam game version ) design (look at my uploaded screenshot)

2.) or make it more apparent that there are more "hidden" options to be found by scrolling in future retail versions. Leave an explanation file somewhere for customers of the german RETAIL of those two games.

3.) In a game like DTM or ADAC where mandatory pitstops are an essential part (and THE fun part) of the game WHY don't you turn ON the mandatory pitstops by default?

4.) concerning the other STEAM (online) RRE racing cars and tracks : WHY don't you put in there RRE a MANDATORY pitstopping turn on/turn off in there as well for all cars/tracks other than DTM/ADAC so that EVERY car and track can be played with mandatory pitstopping if the racer likes it that way - and I BET a lot of racers would love it !?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear that you managed to find the option now!

Very sorry about that. I assumed there was some language barrier problem happening, and I feel bad about making that assumption.

The Offline versions of DTM and ADAC are using our old menus that used to be part of the online version as well. The reason they do not use the new one is that the new version was made after the deadline of the Offline versions occurred. They simply didn't exist in a usable state when the Offline version was made.

The next offline versions we make will have the new menus that are currently used in the Online game.

I can't personally say exactly why this setting is set to "Off" by default as I did not design it. My guess would be that they were defaulted to "Off" so that players who just want to race and do not necessarily know the rules of these series would not be disappointed when they are penalized for missing a mandatory pit stop they didn't know they had to serve, while players who know and understand the rules would just be able to turn it on.

The reason there's currently no mandatory pit stop in RRE is that we need to come up with a default rule set for it (and possibly a way for players to set up their own rules) as, unlike DTM or ADAC, RRE is a mix of so many different types of cars (and tracks) that do not share these rules.

Currently we are a bit occupied with other things, but it is definitely something we want to add eventually. Especially considering some of the other features we want to bring along.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wolfgang

Wolfgang New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    A BIG THANK-YOU for your lengthy explanations, Hannes.

NOW, both offline versions are really GREAT to play with, now that EVERY option is possible!

Like I said, maybe you guys should consider leaving a little note or hint to buyers of the retail offline versions to scroll the options menu to get ALL oppurtunities!? Just my suggestion!

Concerning RRE:

1.) Currently in RRE - even though pitstops are NOT part of the game, EVERY race that's gonna be startet offers as a last menu step some options including pit stops advanced decisions - what are THESE any good for in RRE, since RRE does not feature pitstops ? THESE only reminds racers who MISS mandatory pitstops, that these are still MISSING in RRE - so this option currently does not make sense at all!!!

2.) I DO understand, that different series have different rules - BUT : WHAT would it harm, if you just put in a harmless default mandatory pit stop option to change, say tyres, and that's about it!? People who WANT pitstops would be happy about this additional pitstopping RRE opportunity and probably would not bitch about that WTC has other rules than STCC.
    So at leat, players, who DO want pitstops CAN finally use them even though those are not the exact rules of every series.

"Hardcore" racers who want WTC rules for wtc game and STCC rules for STCC game would not touch that default mandatory opportunity. MAYBE you can talk this suggestion/explanation of mine to some of your "deciders"...?

14. Manolete

Manolete Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hola .. They have planned ? RaceRoom offline experience ?

15. Joshua Spann Jr

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I believe only the DTM and ADAC are offline experience

• Like Like x 1
  16. Manolete

Manolete Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    hello .. in my power
    -DTM Offline experience 2013 DVD
    -DTM Offline experience 2014 DVD
    -ADAC Offline experience 2014 DVD
    I say if we
    - ( RaceRoom offline experience DVD) Thank you ...

17. Manolete

Manolete Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi .. I have a problem with ADAC GT Masters 2014 Experience offline I can not select Chevrolet Corvette GT3 z06r choose someone has the same problem .. thanks

18. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Just wondering if there have been any work on the pit department for RRE in SP?
    It's the feature I'm longing the most for!..

And also if we eventually will get rid of the AI control in the pits?
    Or atleast get an option to turn it off!
    Not really any point of having a button mapped for the pit limiter when the AI will take over once we entering the pit lane..

19. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Even with autopilot in the PIT you still can bo over speeding in the entry.
    I had several penalty for that in SP mode :oops:

AI doesn't take the wheel instantly while you cross the pit entry line. And you still can be too fast, not giving any chance to brake enougth.

But I'm agree with you, it would be great to be able to fully desactivate le autopilot.

• Agree Agree x 1