Adaptive AI question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cosmic, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Does adaptive AI discard bad laps or do any sort of weighting?

For example if you have a race with 10 laps and say you spun out on a couple laps and maybe there's a pit lap as well. The other 7 laps are consistent and what you would hope Adaptive AI would adjust to so I'm wondering does adaptive AI account for any of this?

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    AfaIk understand it it only collects the best laps. Idk how many exactly, but the first lap doesn't get counted for sure.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  3. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I have 2 questions about adaptive AI. Learning process is endless ? I mean after i'm done several races and AI has adopted, but in next races i'm improve my skills, will AI's improve skills to ? And second question. Now i like how AI driving with WTCC cars, but don't like how they drive GT3. Can i copy/paste just some settings for AI from one file to another ?

4. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    AfaIk, yes. The adaptive AIs performance is based on your average laptime around any given track, so it doesn't cap out at some point. The faster you go, the faster they will get.
    Not to my knowledge. The values are all stored in one file called aiadaptation.xml and it doesn't really influence how the AI drive, that is kinda hard-coded into the game. But they will see further improvements.

5. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Thank. Now i think don't need to change adaptation file. I don't like my GT3 AI opponents, because now they to slow for me, need to done more races for AI's skills improvements.

6. Jkck

Jkck Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    How about in practice mode? when i am in practice mode and add AI...what do they use as a scale? adaptiveAI or the percentage number i have chosen from the Race settings?

7. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    I changed to a set AI level of 100 yesterday, as i found at the beginning stages of adaptive the AI brakes too much into slower corners and i often hit them at the back.

Would you guys recommend me to stick with adaptive AI as they will get better race by race? Or do most set a fixed AI difficulty level?

Not sure what would provide the most fun and best races.

8. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I think you can stick with fixed values for starters and later switch to adaptive. IIrc the adaptation data is also collected during races in which you use a fixed AI strength. So after having done a couple of those the AI should have adapted already.

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0